3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

1994 Maxima 3.0 SOHC no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

1994 Maxima 3.0 SOHC no start

I have a 1994 Nissan Maxima I recently purchased for cheap due to a no start..first off I replaced the starter because the one on the car was locked up and now I cannot start it with the ignition..I can hear it clicking the 3 relays next to the fuse box in the car but no power to the starter wire...I can jump the wire from the battery and the car with start and run perfect...I also noticed the antitheft box below the steering column is unhooked as well as the antitheft relay in fuse box on the drivers side fender...is there something there that could be stopping the power to the starter or is it something I'm missing completely...I've read a few things about inhibitor relays but never anything about them in maximas any help is appreciated thank you
Old 02-12-2017, 02:26 PM

A previous owner probably had an aftermarket kill switch put in (mine has one and i havent taken it out yet) and if they didnt clean up the wiring right after taking it out it could be cutting power to the starter like it would if they hit the kill switch