3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

plug wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:38 PM

plug wiring question

i am swapping a vg into a 1991 nissan stanza, the harness im using is from a 1994 maxima, this image is from the 94 maxima FSM, i need to know what these two plugs actually do and where the wires in them go. the plugs between the stanza body harness and the maxima engine harness are different so if i need these plugs (im assuming i do) i will need to splice these wires into different plugs in order for them to interface.

http://imgur.com/a/Md4uY
Old 04-14-2017, 11:18 PM

Those connectors join the two engine bay harnesses. You are going to have to count the wires and account for each one in the wiring diagrams. A couple of them are covered in ASCD diagram. Inhibitor switch, interrupt relay, and two are simply jumpers on one side. A couple other wires connect the hood switch covered in the theft warning diagram. Ect. You're going to have to look for F1, F2 and E2, E3 in random diagrams until you account for each one and are able to cross reference with the Stanza. Of course, if you're putting a VG in the Stanza, just install the ECU and complete engine bay harnesses, and only modify the connectors for use with the original Stanza parts, or at least the ones that can be used with the VG.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Those connectors join the two engine bay harnesses. You are going to have to count the wires and account for each one in the wiring diagrams. A couple of them are covered in ASCD diagram. Inhibitor switch, interrupt relay, and two are simply jumpers on one side. A couple other wires connect the hood switch covered in the theft warning diagram. Ect. You're going to have to look for F1, F2 and E2, E3 in random diagrams until you account for each one and are able to cross reference with the Stanza. Of course, if you're putting a VG in the Stanza, just install the ECU and complete engine bay harnesses, and only modify the connectors for use with the original Stanza parts, or at least the ones that can be used with the VG.

thats part of my problem, i dont have useful diagrams for both cars, i have a circuit diagram for the stanza that doesnt label wire colors or show signal wires at all and absolutely nothing for the maxima because the last pages where the wiring diagrams would usually be arent in the digital version.

here is my build thread so you have a clear idea of what im trying to accomplish: https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-genera...ed-stanza.html
Old 04-15-2017, 09:48 PM

adult imagecertificity.com

free image uploadercertificity.com

i dont know if either of these diagrams show the plug im looking for, im not sure what that plug may be labeled in these diagrams, im gonna keep looking.

Last edited by Nate Boslet; 04-15-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:21 AM

Its best to get a service manual for each car. PDFs don't really cut it for wiring information because of their low resolution, and like you said the Maxima one is missing the foldouts. Also very cumbersome finding and comparing diagrams on the PC. Just get the books
Old 04-16-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Its best to get a service manual for each car. PDFs don't really cut it for wiring information because of their low resolution, and like you said the Maxima one is missing the foldouts. Also very cumbersome finding and comparing diagrams on the PC. Just get the books
i dont believe the information i need is in the FSM's since i have the entire stanza FSM and it doesnt show a useful diagram. besides not wanting to waste money and time i think there are probably people on here with FSM's that could just post a picture of their pages to show me what i am looking for. until then ill just have to keep looking where i can.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:59 AM

I don't have any input on the stanza wiring but I can point out the 94 maxima wiring diagram with the F1 & F2 connectors on it.

Go here - http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/1994/ and open file FOLDOUT.pdf.

Scroll down to the diagram that starts on page 8, titled 1994 Nisan Maxima (VE30DE) ECCS Wiring Diagram. It is 3 pages long.

On page 9 about in the center you will see connectors F1 and F2. You will have to trace the lines to figure out where they are coming from/going to. My suggestion would be to print out these 3 pages, trim the edges and tape them together. There is some overlap.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:37 AM

I found a 1991 Altima/Stanza ECCM wiring diagram. It even uses the F1 F2 plugs.

But as I was typing my previous post, I was thinking there is a bigger problem here. You want to connect a 6 cylinder engine to a computer (the ECCM) for a 4 cylinder engine. I don't know how you will make the Stanza operate the 5th and 6th fuel injectors among other things. I think you need to expand your scope and put the maxima ECCM (or ECU or ECS) into the Stanza. That could be fun.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1991 Stanza ECCM wiring.pdf (874.3 KB, 58 views)
Old 04-18-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
I found a 1991 Altima/Stanza ECCM wiring diagram. It even uses the F1 F2 plugs.

But as I was typing my previous post, I was thinking there is a bigger problem here. You want to connect a 6 cylinder engine to a computer (the ECCM) for a 4 cylinder engine. I don't know how you will make the Stanza operate the 5th and 6th fuel injectors among other things. I think you need to expand your scope and put the maxima ECCM (or ECU or ECS) into the Stanza. That could be fun.

YES. thank you very much i think that is exactly what im looking for. that wont be an issue because i actually already am using the maxima ECU. the maxima engine harness already collects into the ECU plug for the maxima ECU. but youre right, even if i wanted to use the stanza ECU i couldnt because the plugs are different (besides the other issues you brought up)
Old 04-19-2017, 08:07 PM

assuming this information is correct and i havent screwed this up somewhere, i believe i have sorted out what wires have to go where.

ill probably draw up a more coherent and clear diagram for just in case some other idiot wants to swap a vg30e into their stanza but this is what i ended up with, these are the wires i need to connect in order for the two harnesses to work together. (or at least i hope they are lol)