3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Fuel Injector???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 09:55 AM

Fuel Injector???

Been a long time but up until yesterday morning noticed my car running a bit rough. Diagnosed it last night and found 1 bad fuel injector. Any recommendations as to where else I can buy a new injector/s? Brand? I got a '93 GXE. Also, trying to avoid Dealer but if not I will have to purchase from them. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
Been a long time but up until yesterday morning noticed my car running a bit rough. Diagnosed it last night and found 1 bad fuel injector. Any recommendations as to where else I can buy a new injector/s? Brand? I got a '93 GXE. Also, trying to avoid Dealer but if not I will have to purchase from them. Thanks in advance guys.
JECS are the oem injectors. While your in there might not be a bad idea to do them all to save tearing it down again when another one dies but of coarse that's up to you and what kind of budget you have. If you have the 93-94 I have a complete fuel rail with fairly new remand JECS stock oval top injectors I just did in the spring. I have them listed in the classifieds. If I remember the injectors costed me nearly 300 new for the 6 If your interested pm me and let me know.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:10 AM

I did a lot of research on just that question, both here on maxima.org and elsewhere. Lots of info pointed me to:

1. Stay away from rebuilt injectors
2. Don't go cheap/easy on injectors

Armed with all of the knowledge and research I went with 3 of these this summer:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....211364&jsn=381

...and they have been operating beautifully.

Standard Motor/Intermotor have a great reputation. I've been buying other parts from them as well and have been very pleased.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:15 AM

Also, you may already know this, but you can take an use a voltmeter to test the ohm's between the two terminals when you have the clips off and determine which injectors are out of spec. Spec is 12-15 ohms.

I went in expecting to only replace one injector like you, but the ohm's testing showed that I had 3 injectors that were out of spec. Had I just replaced the one I would have likely been back in there again not long after.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
JECS are the oem injectors. While your in there might not be a bad idea to do them all to save tearing it down again when another one dies but of coarse that's up to you and what kind of budget you have. If you have the 93-94 I have a complete fuel rail with fairly new remand JECS stock oval top injectors I just did in the spring. I have them listed in the classifieds. If I remember the injectors costed me nearly 300 new for the 6 If your interested pm me and let me know.
ac max 92, if I had the money I would get them off your hands but at the moment im unable to. although I do appreciate the offer and telling me that JECS is the OEM replacement. I did find them on rockauto from beck/arnley, I know I shouldn't use them reman stuff but in the image it does say JECS on them for some reason. Not sure how accurate that is and its on sale for $29.89 each.

AzureblueZ, I did do the ohm check on the injectors and found only that one that's out of spec. although I will replace possibly 2 instead of just one on the same bank. Now can I reuse the metal gaskets for my intake manifolds?
Old 09-27-2017, 10:06 AM

No worries GRNMAXDMON, These injectors I have have ran beautifully all summer so far and I ohm tested them as well before I installed them and all were in spec. As for the gasket if it's the metal gasket and not badly warped then you should be fine reusing it as I have before with no issues. If it was the paper gasket I'd definitely change it. I also have a polished intake with NWP phenolic throttle body spacers if your interested or a JWT pop charger ��

Last edited by ac max 92; 09-27-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
Partsgeek.com or Rockauto.com....