3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Power window passenger front out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Power window passenger front out?

Hi Guys...

Just had new oem master switches install drivers side. Then yesterday the passenger window went out . Parts (motor and regulator) are on order. Question...
Is there a way to get the window up without taking the door apart? Maybe using some strong clamps and pulling it up from the top?

When switch is access ...you can hear the motor turning in the door...
Thanks in advance!...
Old 12-02-2017, 03:48 PM

it is really not that hard to take it apart. i would not want to use any clamp to lift it. and even if you got it up, how are you going to get to stay up? the last time i had that problem i used a piece of board to keep it propped up until i got the replacement regulator
Old 12-02-2017, 10:47 PM

just take the door panel off and manually move up the window and secure it, by the time you fight with whatever to get the window up without taking off the door panel you could have taken the door apart twice
Old 12-03-2017, 09:15 AM

It depends on what is wrong as to whether you could pull the window up or not. If the motor is bad, you can't pull the glass up. Take the panel off, do what is needed to prop the glass up and leave the panel off for the few days it takes to get the new parts..
Old 12-03-2017, 10:20 PM

Hi Guys...

Thank you all for your replies...Hopefully the parts will be in early this week.
Mean while have been driving the old Chevy van. It gets driven when the Maxima is down...
Old 12-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Hi Guys...

New parts installed...window rolls up and down. Parts are from Napa ...the whole assembly regulator and motor in a one package. Now here's another question:
After shutting the ignition off... and when passenger door with new window mechanism install is open...i hear an electrical vibrating sound in the inner door for a moment or two...then tapering off. Is there some possible short in the door?...got to drive out of town ...if i don't use that window...?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:12 PM

Easy Peasy....