3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd gen parts gone to dump.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 12:35 PM

3rd gen parts gone to dump.

Big thanks to all who got some parts from me and glad to know they all went to good homes as all of my parts especially performance parts which were pretty much all sold were in excellent condition and I always took a lot of pride in my 3rd gen. Unfortunately the 3rd gen section lately has been getting very quiet over the years and I kept all my oem parts I had left for as long as I could anticipating the right person(s) to give them a good home but for quite some time now nothing was getting any interest on what was left and when I recently moved I had no room for storing all the bins any longer though It was sad to see about 5 or so tote bins of parts have to go to the dump. I believe i have one set of clear corners left and a vg throttle position sensor that was in my tool box and perhaps some nismo center cap stickers but thats about it. I'm sure I'll still be checking in every once in awhile to see what's new and especially on Nates worlds 1st turbo stanzima lol ☺
Old 11-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

it was a good run man....sometimes you just gotta let it go.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:02 AM

Sorry for complaining about your multiple FS threads. Hope you didn't have to dump anything too good. It kind of hurt that you were in Canada, intl can get pretty spendy even on small stuff.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 AM

Lol.. No worries Hectic i actually did quite well on selling all the major stuff and actually most were U.S buyers that were great to deal with and good members here. Thanks Danny, I'll still check in every once in awhile and yes it was a good 12yr run on a 25 yr old car. It was just a shame that over 80% of literally every component on the car was recent/new or rebuilt. I had WAY more into $$ invested in it than i ever probably should have put in to it but after all was said and done it was a great car and very problem free and reliable like a new car by the time all was said and done.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Sorry for complaining about your multiple FS threads. Hope you didn't have to dump anything too good. It kind of hurt that you were in Canada, intl can get pretty spendy even on small stuff.
i dont get why shipping is so bloody expensive, i shipped a washer fluid reservoir and little plastic panel that weighed **** all to someone in Tennessee and shipping was over $50
Old 11-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

trust me you'll always spend more on the car than it's worth. it's a hobby and most hobbies don't make financial sense. never call it an "investment"...because it's probably the worse investment you have ever made..LOL
Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
trust me you'll always spend more on the car than it's worth. it's a hobby and most hobbies don't make financial sense. never call it an "investment"...because it's probably the worse investment you have ever made..LOL
Very true lol.. No regrets though. It was a good car. Now I have a thirsty v8 clk 430. Solid and fun to drive but i do miss the max.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:20 AM

Did you just scrap the rest of the car for regular steel prices? Would you have any tips to find hidden money in a car before you just haul it to the ol familiar car graveyard? I know cats, radiators and alternators obviously but like another hidden gem ive discovered is the ground wires/fuse box wire cluster and the ecms
Old 11-21-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Wahl
Would you have any tips to find hidden money in a car before you just haul it to the ol familiar car graveyard? I know cats, radiators and alternators obviously but like another hidden gem ive discovered is the ground wires/fuse box wire cluster and the ecms
strip everything. headlights, taillights, steering wheel assembly, pedal assembles, dash, etc. i sent my 3rd gen and Kingcab to the junkyard whole and regret it, since then ive stripped every junk vehicle clean to the frame then sawzall the body/frame in half and take it to a scrap metal place
Old 11-22-2018, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by chrome91
i dont get why shipping is so bloody expensive, i shipped a washer fluid reservoir and little plastic panel that weighed **** all to someone in Tennessee and shipping was over $50
You have to thank a few boys who flew planes into towers, whoever they are.
Everyone and his sister in big business profited from that, and the consumer was left holding the bucket.