3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

How do I remove a fuse in the engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 12:43 PM

How do I remove a fuse in the engine bay

I've replaced my foglamps on my 93 SE and they still won't turn on.
I need to check and see if one of the fuses that's located in my engine bay is blown.

I've checked the foglamp fuse in the passenger compartment and it's fine, and I want to check the one in the engine bay before pulling apart the dash to get to the foglamp switch. I tired yanking the engine bay foglamp fuse out with my hand, but it felt like I was going to rip out the whole fuse box. I know there should be something I can use to pull out an engine bay foglamp fuse easily, but I can't find it. Anyone know where Nissan hid it or where I can get it from?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:11 PM
Jedi Knight

Re: How do I remove a fuse in the engine bay

Originally posted by medic
I've replaced my foglamps on my 93 SE and they still won't turn on.
I need to check and see if one of the fuses that's located in my engine bay is blown.

I've checked the foglamp fuse in the passenger compartment and it's fine, and I want to check the one in the engine bay before pulling apart the dash to get to the foglamp switch. I tired yanking the engine bay foglamp fuse out with my hand, but it felt like I was going to rip out the whole fuse box. I know there should be something I can use to pull out an engine bay foglamp fuse easily, but I can't find it. Anyone know where Nissan hid it or where I can get it from?
I think that is just a relay...check the fuses inside the car...I believe that there is one for the fog lamps there...
Old 02-05-2002, 01:16 PM
spongeMatt

Re: How do I remove a fuse in the engine bay

You need to use a small screwdriver or metal pick to depress the plastic tab on the side of the relay; you can try one of the other relays in its spot to test if that is the problem... just use one that isn't engine-critical, like the cornering lamp relay.

Old 02-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Rit

There is a relay in the engine fuse-panel

that you can interchange with a known good device such as headlights or horn. It shouldn't bo too hard to remove. Just grab it, and pull it upwards.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:46 PM
STFU n00b!

Re: There is a relay in the engine fuse-panel

Originally posted by Rit
that you can interchange with a known good device such as headlights or horn. It shouldn't bo too hard to remove. Just grab it, and pull it upwards.
The relays are held in by tabs- similar to the rest of the wire connectors on the car.. If you just grab and pull, you'll break something before it comes out.

easiest way is to slide a small screwdriver down into the slot behind the relay, and it'll push the clip down. then just grab the screwdriver and relay and pull up at the same time. easy stuff.