3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

car broken into last night. somebody got to go!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 05:53 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

car broken into last night. somebody got to go!

Last night between 10pm and this morning some as$holes broke into my car.they first tried the front lock (because its all flucked up from a screw driver or something.) then they tried prying the pass side small window(one with 4dsc sticker) I can see becuase the metal is all bent up, then they just busted it in to unlock all the doors. Here comes the wierd part,the cd book on the back seat under the window they just broke, still there. the dreamcast in the trunk(which they opened too.)still there, the dvd/mp3 player still there. My $2000 deck- two screws away from being out(and when I did my guages I was only gonna put two in.) the ash tray broken from being pulled out. the console piece may be broken. the strangest part, In the trunk is a cerwin vega box (not a speaker box the actuall store box) with my old clarion double din deck,,, still there

oh and they stole my lug key.

so now Instead of getting springs
I have to get a new window(mabey have the bent piece fixed.)
New drivers side door lock(now none of the other keys will match)
new ash tray
hopefully new lug key to take the old locks off so I can buy another set with a diff key.
=$$$$$$
I took pics.

Let me tell you heads are gonna role, I cant stand it that I worked and busted my as$ to get what I have and in 5 minutes some punk has destroyed it., Im gonna take his or their hands when I find them (and I will) and slam the doro shut on it untill every bone in their stealing hands are broken.

had to vent/ sorry
Old 02-08-2002, 05:55 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

pic 1

http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/100...M0.9666494.jpg

Old 02-08-2002, 05:57 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

pic #2

Im getting more ****ed by the minute.

http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/100...M0.5073206.jpg

Old 02-08-2002, 05:59 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

also

my $3000 laptop was on the front seat.
http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/100...M0.1957012.jpg

this pic was too big
Old 02-08-2002, 06:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: car broken into last night. somebody got to go!

Originally posted by N34JZ

Real sorry to hear about this. One thing you might try is call McGard or whoever made your wheel lock and find out who has a master key set in your area. I did this when someone took my wheel lock and they told me that a Nissan dealer about 10 minutes away had the master kit. I went to them and in about 15 min., they had the locks removed and they installed another set that I bought at my original Nissan dealership. The dealership that removed my wheel locks even did it for free.

Hope this saves you a little $$$ and aggravation.

Albert
Old 02-08-2002, 06:19 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well I sell wheels

AND I got the set from my supplier, ill call them when they open.\
I guess the stock alarm scared them off or something. does anyone know the pattern? I know my moms durango beeps for five minutes then the lights flash for 15 minutes and the engine is disabled after that.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:22 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

damn..that hurts...but let me ask you this..
you put all that equipment in the car and all that effort..you didn't get an alarm? the stock one is junk..it won't help u until they open the door..but the window is already broken by that time.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:26 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

honest to god!

I was gonna go today. If you see my house the drive way is on a hill and my car is right by the house(I know that doesnt help) but these guys were stupid and had *****, MY laptop was right on the front seat,my Old deck was right in the trunk the dreamcast was right in the trunk. these *******s just wanted the deck. and they broke my ashtray trying to get the dash apart.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:44 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: honest to god!

I was gonna go today. If you see my house the drive way is on a hill and my car is right by the house(I know that doesnt help) but these guys were stupid and had *****, MY laptop was right on the front seat,my Old deck was right in the trunk the dreamcast was right in the trunk. these *******s just wanted the deck. and they broke my ashtray trying to get the dash apart.
sorry man...it sucks but at least you still have your car. it can be worst.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:49 AM

Re: honest to god!

have u talked to your insurance company?
Old 02-08-2002, 06:50 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally posted by DanNY
you put all that equipment in the car and all that effort..you didn't get an alarm? the stock one is junk..it won't help u until they open the door..but the window is already broken by that time.

I was gonna say the same thing. SOrry to hear about that...if ya find them and need some help bustin' heads...let me know
Old 02-08-2002, 07:00 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well

since insureance is so expensive I only have liability and my moms homeowners insurance probably doesnt cover the driveway but even if it does theres like a $500 deductable and I doubt this will amount to more then that. I mean they didnt take anything but mylug key. (its so wierd that they didnt ake my cds laptop or the deck that was in the trunk.) It could have been way worse but it still blows. I was gonna get my laptop out too but I was too tired. Im gonna ask my nieghbors soon if they heard anything. the thing that sucks so bad is I as gonna get an alarm today and mabey springs bu now I have to waste money on this ****. and the worst part is probably someone I know because the were after that deck. Im gonna leave the car on the street and watch it this weekend to see if they come back for my rims. I doubt they will but if theve got the key, ya never know,

some kids kept stealing stereos out of the cars at my freinds tranny shop and they set up a dummy car a few times and they caught the kids.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:20 AM

damn punks, same thing happened to my friend not to long ago, they busted up his window and messed up his dash, but they left his expensive radar detector, a cell phone, cds. and some other stuff and just ran, he got the alarm not to long after that. like danny said, the alarm is well worth the money
Old 02-08-2002, 07:25 AM

[rage and lots of colorful language]...
Old 02-08-2002, 10:58 AM

Last night between 10pm and this morning some as$holes broke into my car.they first tried the front lock (because its all flucked up from a screw driver or something.) then they tried prying the pass side small window(one with 4dsc sticker) I can see becuase the metal is all bent up, then they just busted it in to unlock all the doors. Here comes the wierd part,the cd book on the back seat under the window they just broke, still there. the dreamcast in the trunk(which they opened too.)still there, the dvd/mp3 player still there. My $2000 deck- two screws away from being out(and when I did my guages I was only gonna put two in.) the ash tray broken from being pulled out. the console piece may be broken. the strangest part, In the trunk is a cerwin vega box (not a speaker box the actuall store box) with my old clarion double din deck,,, still there

so now Instead of getting springs
I have to get a new window(mabey have the bent piece fixed.)
New drivers side door lock(now none of the other keys will match)
new ash tray
hopefully new lug key to take the old locks off so I can buy another set with a diff key.
=$$$$$$
I took pics.

Let me tell you heads are gonna role, I cant stand it that I worked and busted my as$ to get what I have and in 5 minutes some punk has destroyed it., Im gonna take his or their hands when I find them (and I will) and slam the doro shut on it untill every bone in their stealing hands are broken.

had to vent/ sorry
Damn, bro that sucks I know it happened to me twice....
Old 02-08-2002, 11:21 AM

Somebody has to die,(kidding) Man that hurts the the heart. A couple of weeks ago someone broke my drivers side window and removed nothing from the car. I hate "Haters" I am glad they didn't take any of your other stuff.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:27 AM
STFU n00b!

Damn dude.. very sorry to hear that. probably a good idea to invest in a GOOD alarm before you do any more mods (and don't leave $$ stuff in the car, especially when you park it in the street)
I've had it happen to me more than once on my old truck too. first thing I did with my Max was get the alarm put in. 1 week after I bought it.

As for the parts, I've got all of those on my parts car. you should be able to get the door lock rekeyed to your key pattern for cheap (like $15 or so). might want to call the nissan dealer and see what they charge for it first.

but the window and ashtray I've got on my parts car. I'll make you a deal on 'em. I don't have the trim pieces (GXE, so mine's chrome), but the glass and weatherstriping are all there. even has a maxima.org sticker still on it I think.

anyway, PM or email me if you want and we'll talk business off the forum.
again, sorry to hear about the car.. consider it a warning and learning experience though.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:38 AM

That really sucks, but you have to admit not only are they punks they are also idiots! Who would take all the effort to get in your car and then take a lug key, definately idiots. If it were me i would beat them with the dreamcast
Old 02-08-2002, 11:45 AM

Wow man, really sorry to hear about that. A similar thing happened to my friend that had my pseudo-old Sony stereo put in. I guess the active black panel isn't much of a looking theft-deterrant after all. But he had a ton of CDs, some expensive hockey equipment, other valuable things in the car at the time, and all they took was the head unit and a pager. Even keeps his badge in the car! (Can't believe does that).

So even though it's a lease, insurance covered it and he learned his lesson and will get an alarm for his new car when it's time. I have a Mustang GT convertible with some goodies in it, and he wondered why the FIRST thing I got was an alarm with proximity. This is exactly why, so like others have said, get an alarm on that thing. Prox may not be necessary, but definitely an aftermarket alarm. Sure it's not fool proof, but if it's going off late at night, it'll get attention.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:46 PM

im kinda of unclear.. what exactly did they actually take??

duud sorry to hear that man.. that really sucks. one hell of a way to have your day ruined hope you find out who it is..
Old 02-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

thanbks guys

but just to clear somethings up, My car was in my driveway about 20-25 feet from the street and the front of my house is well lit. After
more inspection, the hazard light switch is busted from being ripped out and I looked and they were 2 screws away from having my stereo. So all they stole was my lug key which I cant get a replacement for since I didnt keep the paper with the number, so now I either have to get the lug broaken off (which no one will do because there afraid to scratch my rims) or hope that my friends boss hass the tool to do it.//

I got the window fixed today for $90 and the door lock works but is still kinda messed up and I got a quote of $80
and they kinda messed up my deck because it doesnt really close all the way.

Matt I will need the ashtray and hazard light switch and mabey even the center console.

I was going to get the alarm today.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about that man. Damn theives!

That advice not to keep valuables in your car is a good idea. Under law, there's such a thing as an "allurement" and if you have a gold bar sitting in your front seat you're somewhat liable for your car getting broken into (at least under Canadian law, heh heh). So if it's not part of the car take it in with you for God's sake! Consider yourself lucky they didn't take all that other stuff!
Old 02-08-2002, 01:17 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well I was gonna get my laptop but I fell asleep early

but I dont take the dreamcast and other stuff out everynight. I have a few suspects now anyway. and after I wash my car it wont feel so dirty and then i feel better. alram tommorow and my friends boss said he should be able to get the locks off
Old 02-08-2002, 01:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I feel your pain; mine just got broken into about a week ago. They busted the drivers side window and took all my CDs(a ton). They also ripped out the remote gain control for my amp, I guess they were thinking they could pull my amp out. Sorry.

johny_bob
Old 02-08-2002, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
Damn dude.. very sorry to hear that. probably a good idea to invest in a GOOD alarm before you do any more mods (and don't leave $$ stuff in the car, especially when you park it in the street)
............................learning experience though.

Matt, what type of alarm system do you have? I've been looking at VIPER lately. Anyone know if they are good? I still have a stock alarm on mine. I live in a decent neighborhood so I don't worry about it too much..but when i go to see friends in less-friendly neighborhoods..I'm never at ease.

What about the rest of you guys? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

oh..and sorry to hear about your car N34JZ...I think just about everyone here has gone through something like this at least once or twice. Nothing you can do but just stay positive and be somewhat comforted by the fact the little ****** didn't take everything. ...sepaking of which..it almost seems as though you already have a few suspects in mind. or am I just misinterpreting?
Old 02-08-2002, 08:11 PM

Re: Re: car broken into last night. somebody got to go!

Someone tried to break into my Max back in June 2000. They got the lug nut cover off and had the front door open. They must have used a screw driver under the handle or something cause it kinda messed it up. But thanks to my FACTORY ALARM, the horn started blowing and they must have taken off. If it wasn't for the factory alarm, they probably would have had everything. I do have a second alarm, a Viper, but I did not have it armed that night. Sorry to hear about your car though, bro.

Originally posted by Maximum5spd

Damn, bro that sucks I know it happened to me twice....
Old 02-08-2002, 10:19 PM
STFU n00b!

Damn dude.. you got ripped.. I would have charged you less than $60 for the window, door lock, ash tray, AND hazard switch!

uhhh, I don't have the center console piece (the black one), but the tan one aroudn the edges is still there.. I may or may not have the hazard switch. I'll check when I get time. but I know I have the ashtray left.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:18 PM

I have had the Viper since 1992. Not the same one since then. When I went from my Stanza to my Max in 1995, The guy at Circuit City gave me new one and sent the other one back as defective. But I have not had any problems with it at all !!

Originally posted by sTAE

Matt, what type of alarm system do you have? I've been looking at VIPER lately. Anyone know if they are good? I still have a stock alarm on mine. I live in a decent neighborhood so I don't worry about it too much..but when i go to see friends in less-friendly neighborhoods..I'm never at ease.

What about the rest of you guys? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

oh..and sorry to hear about your car N34JZ...I think just about everyone here has gone through something like this at least once or twice. Nothing you can do but just stay positive and be somewhat comforted by the fact the little ****** didn't take everything. ...sepaking of which..it almost seems as though you already have a few suspects in mind. or am I just misinterpreting?
Old 02-09-2002, 01:48 AM

that sucks man...but, it could have been a lot worse...you could be out the laptop, cd, deck, dreamcast, rims, and other stuff...
Old 02-09-2002, 06:05 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

yeah I know

Originally posted by ngthing
that sucks man...but, it could have been a lot worse...you could be out the laptop, cd, deck, dreamcast, rims, and other stuff...
I just wanted the window fixed yesterday, they installed it so $90 is fine.
Whoever said there not woried cuz the live in a good nieghborhood, SO DO I. Im going today to see if this guy can ge the locks off and ill put a new set on, If I had the money id get an alarm but I had to spend $$$$ yesterday.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:18 AM

Re: yeah I know

I just wanted the window fixed yesterday, they installed it so $90 is fine.
Whoever said there not woried cuz the live in a good nieghborhood, SO DO I. Im going today to see if this guy can ge the locks off and ill put a new set on, If I had the money id get an alarm but I had to spend $$$$ yesterday.
the locks should not be a problem to get off, do you only have o ne lock on each lug?
Old 02-09-2002, 08:10 PM
STFU n00b!

Put the alarm on credit if you have to, but the guys who broke into the car are smart enough to know there's more than just the deck in there... they WILL come back. maybe not this weekend, not next weekend, but they will come back. if you put it off, you're asking to get hit again..

as for the other post asking about brands... anything by DEI is pretty good. (Viper stuff, Clifford is now owned by DEI, etc...)
stick with a good name brand and you'll be fine. buy generic stuff, and any generic theif will be able to get into the car.

(FYI, I've figured out a way to disable the alarm and steal a Max in under 1 minute with ZERO exterior or interior damage. scary to think of how easy it is.
Old 02-10-2002, 04:58 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

its only

one lock on each wheels but my friends boss was really busy so he hasnt been able to do it so mabey today, and yes Im gonna get the alarm on monday, the car has been in the garage the last few nights so its ok.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:55 AM

I agree with brands from DEI.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:52 PM

heh

When you find who did it tell them i want mine back too..... ftp://phazexero.ath.cx They got mine =[ Probably the same people to comsidering you like live 5 minutes away form me.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:22 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: heh

Originally posted by mymaxownz
When you find who did it tell them i want mine back too..... ftp://phazexero.ath.cx They got mine =[ Probably the same people to comsidering you like live 5 minutes away form me.
you live near me? are you that guy in east Islip that wanted the cup holder? email me, we should hang out you should join my car club

oh and an update the kids who are doing this are from the next town over and freinds of some other kids in my neighborhood.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: thanbks guys

Matt I will need the ashtray and hazard light switch and mabey even the center console.

Hey as you saw Matt doesn't have the center Console, he sold it to me but i'm not using it, if you want it it's yours. Sorry bout your car, same thing happened to me (that's why i bought the console and window from Matt). Let me know if u want it.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by DanNY
Actually i like the factory alarm, punks can come by , like they normally do, and scope out the car b4 breaking into it, they can kick my car all they want no alarm goes off, then they think theres no alarm, so when they come to do the job, they think they have more time to do the job.

so they break a window, oh well! But once they open the door, the horn starts! Thats where i upgraded to dual air horns along with the factory horns(150+db), I dont think the thiefs wanna hang around for long when an set of horns are blaring.
The only thing the maxima alarm is missing is a pager, otherwise what more do you want? Lights flash, horn blares, and ignition is cutoff.

Alarms wont do much for real thieves. If they want your car, they will get it. Unless you go with GPS tracking.

My buddies 99 civic SIr was stolen at 7mths old, right from the front of his house, and he used the club and had an aftermarket alarm, they simply towed the car away with dollies, for sure.
If they want it, they get what they want.
Its too bad theres no respect out there.
Old 02-16-2002, 06:48 PM

sorry to hear about ur car man, punks see stuff and want it so they thnk they can steal!! no respect for othes stuff. like i said sory to hear about it. ohh yea i like ur maxima, very nice
Old 03-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1999 SE attacked as well - Screwdrive door damage

My car was also hit, I live in Queens/NYC. No alarm other than factory (save the replies guys, I know, Clifford G4 full package coming next week after she comes out the body shop) including Mul-T-Lock, Autolock, armored cable hood lock and 4 professional Sony 1/3" CCD security cameras mounted in front my place covering the whole block with time/date stamps/motion capture into my computer for evidence. None of that stupid X10 bull****, I want to catch faces in low light :-).

I've had it on this block, this is the tenth car to get hit in under 1 month. I even had the cops dust the inside of my car, I didn't touch anything, and they found one print, but it was worthless, too smudged. There's gotta be a chop shop/ring back in this area, never been this bad.

They used a screwdriver/pry bar to bend back the metal under the passenger door handle. I don't think the alarm went off. Anyways, no broken glass. They took my Valentine 1 concealed unit but not the actual detector which was in my glovebox (unlocked). In addition they left my Garmin GPS hand held unit also in the glovebox. In general I don't leave anything out in open sight, but I did have the remote module sitting there.

They removed the ignition plastic shroud and tried to start the car, but couldn't. I'm thinking these guys were amateurs. They took my battery booster and Griots Garage bag which had a small Radioshack DC/AC inverter, one $40 Husky socket set, and some oil.

Here's some pics of the damage

MAXIMA Breakin Door Pic 1

MAXIMA Breakin Door Pic 2

Quick Reply: car broken into last night. somebody got to go!