3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Transmission not here yet!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 03:35 PM

Transmission not here yet!!

Last month I found that my 90 maxima se needed a transmission so I ordered it through Advanced Auto parts. I paid for it and they said it should be 4 to 7 business days before it arrives, so I ws cool with that. So when that time expired I called the store and they said that it hasn't arrived yet but it should be here the next week. Well next week came and I called them back and they said that they got it, turned out it was for an automatic, so they sent it back. Well I had to wait another week. Wel when that week was over they called and said that they had it. I took it home and find that the axles didn't fit, so i read the order form and it was for a 92-94 maxima with LSD.I ordered one for a 90 transmission. So they took it back and said they would overnight me one. Well it has been about 2 weeks and I haven't gotten ****. I really ready to kill everyone in the store, you would think that they would know the difference between transmissions or would be able to read an order form.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:10 PM

Re: Transmission not here yet!!

Originally posted by hova90se
Last month I found that my 90 maxima se needed a transmission so I ordered it through Advanced Auto parts. I paid for it and they said it should be 4 to 7 business days before it arrives, so I ws cool with that. So when that time expired I called the store and they said that it hasn't arrived yet but it should be here the next week. Well next week came and I called them back and they said that they got it, turned out it was for an automatic, so they sent it back. Well I had to wait another week. Wel when that week was over they called and said that they had it. I took it home and find that the axles didn't fit, so i read the order form and it was for a 92-94 maxima with LSD.I ordered one for a 90 transmission. So they took it back and said they would overnight me one. Well it has been about 2 weeks and I haven't gotten ****. I really ready to kill everyone in the store, you would think that they would know the difference between transmissions or would be able to read an order form.
How much do they charge?
Old 02-20-2002, 02:30 AM

Re: Re: Transmission not here yet!!

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
How much do they charge?
This is a hassle...I had to order body parts from Parts Co. Intl. from California.... They suck a$$... They took too long and they keep charging me money for no product... they freaking charged my over 300 dollars in shipping only... and some parts were backorder... plus they used my credit card with out my auhorization.....

How much did this cost you... it just a waste of time money and no car... I must have spent like over 6 hours on phone calls to this company.... never again.... My credit car will be doing an investegation on these ppl.... Be warey of wher you buy....
Old 02-20-2002, 12:36 PM

Re: Re: Transmission not here yet!!

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
How much do they charge?
I paid 1200 cash for it back in January. They said that they have to track the shipping number because it has already been shipped. If it already has been shipped shouldn't I be riding now. Iam at the point where Iam ready cut off someones f#@king head off. I told them that they are going to give me something in return for waiting forever or else all hell is going to break loose
Old 02-20-2002, 12:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Transmission not here yet!!

Originally posted by hova90se

I paid 1200 cash for it back in January. They said that they have to track the shipping number because it has already been shipped. If it already has been shipped shouldn't I be riding now. Iam at the point where Iam ready cut off someones f#@king head off. I told them that they are going to give me something in return for waiting forever or else all hell is going to break loose
I have a theory why my transmission isn't here yet . Maybe after the truck was loaded and on its way to the parts store, 3 black Honda Civics with green neon lights highjacked it and took my transmission in fear that there would be another Maxima on the road to whoop their A$$!!