3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone have Suspension Tech. Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2000, 07:13 AM

I'm mixed between Eibach or Suspension Tech.
Eibach's got the popularity vote, but Suspension has the little more drop, better price, and i've heard have a smoother ride?
The Suspension Tech. are about 100 bucks less.
Anyone have any input?
Old 11-19-2000, 11:44 AM

i have the ST springs. they are good and i like them a lot. but i wish they drop my ride a little more. i have not heard anything wrong with the ST. they dropped my car about 1.4 all the way around.
Patrick
Old 11-20-2000, 05:11 AM

hmm
what about the ride?
Eibachs got most people's votes, but ST are alot cheaper.
Old 11-20-2000, 06:42 AM

I loved the ride with my ST springs

As far as the fender gap was it was 2 fingers in the front and 3 fingers in the rear on my car. But for some reason my car sits lower than 3rd-5th gens. The is firmer than stock but in no means harsh. There is less bodyroll and quicker steering response. Also unless you are DIY install struts at the sametime. That way you save the labor cost and can use the leftover money to get the ST sways or addco RSB.
Old 11-20-2000, 06:43 AM

the ST ride nice. i travel from nj to RI and there are some good roads and some really bad roads. like through 95 in CT. that road sucks. it depends how low you want your car to be. the ST lowering springs only lowered my ride hieght 1.4 i think. good luck
Patrick
Old 11-20-2000, 06:51 AM

is the performance anywhere as near good as Eibachs?
sorry for all the ?'s just want the best for my baby.
haha
Old 11-20-2000, 09:52 AM

the ST have proformed very nicely for me. as for the eibachs i would have no idea becasue i have only used the ST lowering springs. but i am very happy with the ST.
Patrick
Old 11-20-2000, 12:38 PM
MILLENIUM MAX

?????????

Ok whitymax what size wheel and tire do you have on your max and how much wheel gap do you have between the wheel and fender.Also what kind of set up r u running along with your springs?

Old 11-20-2000, 04:57 PM

OK...

Coming from an EIBACH/Tokico owners aproach, I'd have to say the grass is always greener on the other side. SO having said that, my VOTE would not be Eibach for the lowest stance, or smoothest ride, but simply an improvement in overall handling.
I had INTRAX on a 90 325I BMW and enjoyed them imensley. Upgrade in handling, and smooth ride. INTRAX are not harsh as oposed to EIBACHS. Now I also have STs on my 85 RX7 with Tokicos, and they are some bouncy *****!
But I just deal. INTRAX for best lowered stance, and Eibach for best handling (lateral movements).
St for best price at a compromised ride. DEcent handling. The STs actually seem to have an uneven progression rate.
Old 11-21-2000, 05:23 AM

ahh damnit, i had my mind made up then a complaint.
haha it's cool
well crap!!!
i'm a perfectionist and one picky ****.
Intrax i heard arent' great, and i don't know if i want my car that low. well crap it's only 1/4 of an inch more than ST.
I'd probably get Tokico, but may end up getting the KYB (maybe). and 17 x 7.5 Enkei Katana's (down the road those ****'s are expensive!)

Eibach's i'm worried about the ride, Intrax & Eibach i've heard are hard on the kidney's and alot of 4th gen people hate the Intrax.
and ST seems to be the lurker that not to many people know as much as the Eibach's and Intrax's. I want better handling, and a better ride. I want the performance of the Eibach's, and teh ride of a Cadillac. (haha)
Old 11-21-2000, 06:13 PM

I've got the ST on my front, but haven't done the back yet. I agree on some "humps/bumps" they are VERY bouncy at times. The ride is not like stock, but not like you have nothing for suspenstion. (AKA, "OK".) You notice a BIG difference in handling when you get them on though. I like the "soft drop" rather than cutting your springs where your car is dropped 3" to 4"
Old 11-22-2000, 12:53 AM

ya me too.
Well they couldn't be any bouncer than my Stock Struts and Springs that i have on now with 150k on them.
haha
damnit
Eibach or ST decisions decisions decisions.
ST price.
hmm
Old 11-22-2000, 08:07 AM

would i need to screw with cambers with ST springs?
ST rating (by owners)was a 5.00
Eibach rating (by owners) was a 4.48
hmm
Old 11-22-2000, 08:33 AM
STFU n00b!

you won't need to adjust camber unless you drop your car more than 2".. I've got eibachs, and my camber is just fine, even with some slight fame damage on one side that caused the camber on my front left to be 1/2 deg (-) already.. it's still within spec after the eibachs were installed. no big deal there.

As for recommendations, I've got Eibachs (as I already said), and I love 'em.. handling is awesome.. the ride is a little stiff with my 16" rims though, but that can be changed dramatically with your wheel/tire combo.. if you are gonna buy 17s later, then I would recommend the ST springs, as they're a little softer. if you are gonna stay with stock rims or 16s, I'd say either ST or eibach are a fine choice.

the eibach just take a little getting used to at first. since you'll be driving on stock rims for a while after you lower it, you shouldn't see that much difference.. you'll get rid of the floaty stock suspension, but you won't get the harshness of a full-drop and big rims.. those balloon tires on your stock rims will absorb a lot of the impacts and stuff that you'll feel when you get your 17s..

BTW, the price difference between springs should only be about $40, not 100.
Old 11-22-2000, 08:43 AM

i was going off prices from Carparts for Eibach and Nopi for ST.
Eibach = 274
and ST = 194
and i do realize i can get them cheaper through different companies.

I want 17's because they look alot better. and their the only size the Katana's come in. I'm worried about the ST's going soft and bouncy after not that much use though.
Old 11-22-2000, 08:55 AM

and i hate Bouncing !!
i go over a railroad track, and can spin my tires cause my front end damn near comes off the freakin ground.

so i definatly don't want Bouncyness.
haha
Old 11-22-2000, 10:04 AM

Your car bounces, floats, handles like a POS because the front struts are shot, not because of weak springs (unless they've sagged because the struts don't dampen). A quick check of the springs is to park on level ground and look at the side of the car: the line along the top of the rocker panel/bottom of the doors should bisect the center of the wheels at the front and back. If they do, you can just change struts (I like the KYB GR-2's). The car will have a solid feel, without beating the snot out of you. If you want the lowered look, that's soemthing else. Change your springs (you also have to change your struts too), and kiss your shot goodby.