3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

WIngs West Kit and Sprint srpings

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 10:07 PM

WIngs West Kit and Sprint srpings

This is to everyone with Sprint Springs and the Wings West Kit. I now have the front bumper from the wings west kit. It looks really low when I hold it up to my factory bumper. Does anyone have a problem with the kit hitting everything? And if so what spring combo should I go with to stop this, and keep the fender gap down?
Thanks
BIGDOG
Old 03-14-2002, 10:21 PM

Re: WIngs West Kit and Sprint srpings

Originally posted by BIGDOG
This is to everyone with Sprint Springs and the Wings West Kit. I now have the front bumper from the wings west kit. It looks really low when I hold it up to my factory bumper. Does anyone have a problem with the kit hitting everything? And if so what spring combo should I go with to stop this, and keep the fender gap down?
Thanks
BIGDOG
I would venture to say that you may be the only one...
Old 03-14-2002, 10:40 PM

I got it

I got the Wings West kit (Pacific). It hits EVERYTHING !! I got the Intrax 1 3/4" drop. A Pepsi can can stand higher than my kit.
Old 03-14-2002, 11:27 PM

Re: I got it

Originally posted by sxwk12
I got the Wings West kit (Pacific). It hits EVERYTHING !! I got the Intrax 1 3/4" drop. A Pepsi can can stand higher than my kit.
It's fiberglass, right? Any cracks... ?
Old 03-15-2002, 04:11 AM

Re: Re: I got it

Well, I got it in 1997, in 1998 I had to replace the front dam because I cracked it very badly (that's why you should never drink and drive). In 2000, I backed up too far and hit the parking stop and cracked the back under the muffler (that's why you should never drink and drive), not that bad though. Then in 2001, I hit a pothole and cracked the front (that's why you should never drink and drive) real bad again. Then last week, I was headed down the highway and there was some debris from an accident that just occured, and some of it flew up busted my right fog light and chipped the hell out of the kit and my hood. (that's why you...oh wait I wasn't drinking that day)

Moral of this story; If you don't drink and drive, you won't crack your kit.

Originally posted by nismo1989

It's fiberglass, right? Any cracks... ?
Old 03-15-2002, 11:16 AM

Re: WIngs West Kit and Sprint srpings

Originally posted by BIGDOG
Thanks
BIGDOG
I've got Sprint and the WW front. It will hit every bump it sees. The WW front doesn't taper up like hte Stillen lip, which was a great idea on Stillens part. I park halfway up on my curb and my Stillen lip is fine because of the taper, with the WW, I'd scrape.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:00 PM

Re: Re: WIngs West Kit and Sprint srpings

Hey NG,

When did you get the WW front lip? On your website, you got the stillen kit. You sure that pic ain't photoshopped? Something about it just doesn't look right. Like how the foglights are "blacked" out.

Originally posted by ngthing

I've got Sprint and the WW front. It will hit every bump it sees. The WW front doesn't taper up like hte Stillen lip, which was a great idea on Stillens part. I park halfway up on my curb and my Stillen lip is fine because of the taper, with the WW, I'd scrape.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: WIngs West Kit and Sprint srpings

Originally posted by sxwk12
Hey NG,

When did you get the WW front lip? On your website, you got the stillen kit. You sure that pic ain't photoshopped? Something about it just doesn't look right. Like how the foglights are "blacked" out.

I got it a week or so ago, I havne't updated that site for a bit, I need to do that when I get the chance. My sig pics are all photoshop It's more of a joke than a sig pic.