3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

My new Setup spring/strut questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 12:19 PM

My new Setup spring/strut questions

hey guys i am ordering my new eibach pro kit springs and tokico struts now, i am also getting a fstb. i plan on putting on this getup in my 91 se, with stock wheels, i was hoping for some feedback on the installation and/or tips from some peopel that have had this setup.

also i am thinking of getting some 16" wheels so is there any major camber change with that setup also.

thanks

Chris
Old 04-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: My new Setup spring/strut questions

Originally posted by chrispy
hey guys i am ordering my new eibach pro kit springs and tokico struts now, i am also getting a fstb. i plan on putting on this getup in my 91 se, with stock wheels, i was hoping for some feedback on the installation and/or tips from some peopel that have had this setup.

also i am thinking of getting some 16" wheels so is there any major camber change with that setup also.

thanks

Chris

Order yet?

Old 04-02-2002, 05:42 PM

Don't forget that you must pick up a set of new strut boots!! to protect those bad boys.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've been reading some old stuff on this topic and I think there are strut bearings (front?) that also need changing.

Let us know your impressions on its handling on stock wheels/tires! Usually people do rims first, so this will be something little heard of and should be interesting. Basically I'm wondering how much improvement suspension upgrades alone make over a stock setup.

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Bman
I've been reading some old stuff on this topic and I think there are strut bearings (front?) that also need changing.

Let us know your impressions on its handling on stock wheels/tires! Usually people do rims first, so this will be something little heard of and should be interesting. Basically I'm wondering how much improvement suspension upgrades alone make over a stock setup.

Good luck!
you're forgetting your VE FSTB brother - LordRandall
he got tokico struts with H&R springs (discontinued) and still has stock SE wheels

I'm not sure what strut bearings you're talking about - maybe you're thinking of the bump stops? sometimess those need replacement too but not always (I didn't do mine when I did my suspension)
Old 04-02-2002, 10:56 PM

Re: My new Setup spring/strut questions

thanks

Chris
get koni's
Old 04-03-2002, 12:12 AM

3rd gens have integrated metal strut tower bearings
dont worry about it we dont have that plastic crap
like 4th gens... you shouldnt have to replace them, just
make sure everything is clean when you put it back on

have fun swapping out the rear suspension... god it takes so long
Old 04-03-2002, 01:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

you're forgetting your VE FSTB brother - LordRandall
he got tokico struts with H&R springs (discontinued) and still has stock SE wheels

I'm not sure what strut bearings you're talking about - maybe you're thinking of the bump stops? sometimess those need replacement too but not always (I didn't do mine when I did my suspension)
You know what? You're right! I always forget because I look at his car and think it's stock!
Also, I just realized I had been reading strut opinions in the General archives - so those bearings must have been for the 4th Gen like Yak said.

I'm slipping!
Old 04-03-2002, 04:55 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

yup..bumpstops...i had to do mine...

Old 04-03-2002, 12:20 PM

awesome guys thanks for the info

i am waiting on that list for the gd tok eib
i need it in the next month tho hint hint cough cough

ill be sure to document all the good stuff, and i have ordered the boots and bumpstops already

anyone have camber problems?

Thanks

Chris
Old 04-03-2002, 12:59 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

what list?

awesome guys thanks for the info

i am waiting on that list for the gd tok eib
i need it in the next month tho hint hint cough cough

ill be sure to document all the good stuff, and i have ordered the boots and bumpstops already

anyone have camber problems?

Thanks

Chris
are you talking about my GD? if you want you can pay 220 and get them now? I dont know how many people were serious about the deal and I dont want to let you down.