3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

selling my max and sentra SE-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 05:16 PM

selling my max and sentra SE-R

well its time to move on back vw life. im going to sell my max and sentra SE-R and buy a passat very soon.
the maxima is a 92 SE 5spd. it has about 112,000 miles on it. the engine was rebuilt by a nissan dealer at about 94,000 miles. ive only had the car for about 5k miles. the car runs well. it needs a new bumber. i really love the car honestly. i would like to keep it and fix it up but i really dont have the money to put into it if im gonna get the passat. im asking $4kobo without the rims and the sound system. if anyone is interested, email me. also if anyone is interested in aa 92 sentra SE-R(very fun car) also email me. there are pictures on the website of the max.
Laly
Old 04-02-2002, 09:06 PM

Re: selling my max and sentra SE-R

Originally posted by Laly
well its time to move on back vw life. im going to sell my max and sentra SE-R and buy a passat very soon.
the maxima is a 92 SE 5spd. it has about 112,000 miles on it. the engine was rebuilt by a nissan dealer at about 94,000 miles. ive only had the car for about 5k miles. the car runs well. it needs a new bumber. i really love the car honestly. i would like to keep it and fix it up but i really dont have the money to put into it if im gonna get the passat. im asking $4kobo without the rims and the sound system. if anyone is interested, email me. also if anyone is interested in aa 92 sentra SE-R(very fun car) also email me. there are pictures on the website of the max.
Laly
YGM
Interested in the SE-R and will pay cash...
Old 04-02-2002, 10:30 PM

the SE-R has about 81k miles on it. runs great, pulls very hard throughout the whole rpm range. a cone air filter and courtesty mid-pipe were installed about 2k miles ago. the car needs a muffler, rear brakes and e-brake adjustment. the car has a dent by the driver side rear taillight. the bumpers are pretty scratched up due to chicago street parking also. other than that, the car is fine.
really the car is the best car i have ever driven in terms of fun. i really dont want to let her go but i want to get that passat. i am asking $3500.00obo for the car. any questions, post again or email me. thanks Laly
Old 04-02-2002, 10:57 PM

the SE-R has about 81k miles on it. runs great, pulls very hard throughout the whole rpm range. a cone air filter and courtesty mid-pipe were installed about 2k miles ago. the car needs a muffler, rear brakes and e-brake adjustment. the car has a dent by the driver side rear taillight. the bumpers are pretty scratched up due to chicago street parking also. other than that, the car is fine.
really the car is the best car i have ever driven in terms of fun. i really dont want to let her go but i want to get that passat. i am asking $3500.00obo for the car. any questions, post again or email me. thanks Laly
Send me some pics and info if you can. Where are you, Chicago? That's perfect, I'm in Indy and that's not too far for me. My parents live in Chicago and any excuse I can come up with to visit them is all good. Send me some pics if you can or your number so maybe I can come check it out. How soon are you wanting to get rid of it? I took a $650 loss on my mutual fund but I'm expecting it to be back up in a couple of weeks or so. When it's back up, I'll be ready to withdraw some of it and pay cash...
Old 04-02-2002, 11:08 PM

i wanna sell as soon as possible so i can buy my passat a.s.s.p. just let me know when a good time to come check it out. what part of chicago do your parents live in. maybe i could meet you somewhere if not at my place. let me know, thanks. ill try and get pics by thursday.
Laly
Old 04-02-2002, 11:44 PM

i wanna sell as soon as possible so i can buy my passat a.s.s.p. just let me know when a good time to come check it out. what part of chicago do your parents live in. maybe i could meet you somewhere if not at my place. let me know, thanks. ill try and get pics by thursday.
Laly
They live in Warrenville.
Yeah, if you could get me some pics that would be really great. Save me from buying this stupid Integra!!! I've been all over the net looking for an SE-R 91 or 92. Don't make me settle on a freakin honduh!
Thanks! Your timing couldn't be better....
Old 04-03-2002, 05:18 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989

They live in Warrenville.
Yeah, if you could get me some pics that would be really great. Save me from buying this stupid Integra!!! I've been all over the net looking for an SE-R 91 or 92. Don't make me settle on a freakin honduh!
Thanks! Your timing couldn't be better....
Nothing wrong with an Integra... I would rather have a GS-R than a SE-R....
Old 04-03-2002, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by Brian_TII

Not me.
I am a Nissan enthusiast. I also have big plans for the SR20DE
Old 04-03-2002, 07:16 AM

just curious, what are your plans? my bro dropped SR20DET in his and man, it is bada$$. he spanked a camaro SS the other day. i would totally go for a SE-R over a GSR. i just like them better. also, peeople get ****ed as hell when you beat them with a sentra.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:14 AM

The Paint looks to be in good shape in the pic..For the Maxima
Are you including the stock wheels?
How much more if you wanted the system??
Old 04-03-2002, 09:30 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: selling my max and sentra SE-R

Laly
Have you tackled the VTC issue yet?
Old 04-03-2002, 07:39 PM

The Paint looks to be in good shape in the pic..For the Maxima
Are you including the stock wheels?
How much more if you wanted the system??
the stock wheels are the only ones that will come with it. if anyone wants to buy them along with the car, thats cool. i was going to sell them to someone else, but im open to other customers. and i love my system and i cant sell anypart of it. the woofer and the sub amp arent even mine anyways, they are borrowed. i will throw in some 5 1/2's and 6x9's and a pioneer cd player along with the car.

Have you tackled the VTC issue yet?
the car had an engine rebuild before i bought it and i heard a clicking only one time in the time ive had it. i assume they are fine. but is sounds like something is not right with the exhaust manifold.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989

Not me.
I am a Nissan enthusiast. I also have big plans for the SR20DE
Yeah, the SR20DE rocks... but so does the B18C (I think that's the motor) I prefer the styling and ergonomics of the Integra. Very short precise throws, better interior, better looks (IMHO), and stock vs. stock the Integra is faster (and even the non-VTEC model will hang fairly well). I will admit that you can probably do more with the SR20DE.... but for a daily driver... my money is on the Integra.

I'm STILL trying to figure out what I want to do... but I'm fairly certain the old max is for sale.... (auto tranny showing signs it might not be long for this world)

Take care and have fun building that SR
Old 04-04-2002, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by Brian_TII

I had a 96 SE integra, which had the LS (non vtec motor), I also had a 94 GSR (yes brian, my 94 was a B18C1, the type Rs are B18C5, minor changes both internally and externally to the engine)

I have driven an SER as well as my gsr i had. Between the two, MONEY aside, Id rather have a GSR..but for the money, an SER is a pretty good car....quite a bit cheaper than the gsrs, also they are older....which makes it cheaper :-D duh

Ive had my maxima for only a month, 92SE 5spd and already I like it better than my 94 GSR. Its almost the same speed, and I love the V6 low rpm power compared to the GSR's 1.8L

Laly, you said.... the VE rebuilt after 90k??? I have 91k, should I be scared?????
Old 04-04-2002, 09:50 AM

as long as it was taken care of, you're all good. maybe the previous owners did not take good care of the engine, thats why the rebuild.
its rare for a max to have a rebuild at that mileage.
Laly
Old 04-05-2002, 01:29 AM

Hey LALY, did you get those pics? I'm still very interested...

send them to me when you can and I'll come up and check it out. If I want it, and chances are I will if it's in as good of shape as you say, I'll pay you cash on the spot and drive the thing home. Get with me when you get a chance.

nismo1989@aol.com

BTW: the GSR had 180K+ miles... not good for me right now!!
Old 04-06-2002, 04:07 PM

hey man, sorry, my internet connection got cut off at my apt. have to come to school to check my email and replies. i should have some pics uploaded by monday. i go to chicago heights on the weekends, that is pretty close to indiana. i guess ill send you the pics and then we can talk. cool. laterz
Laly
Old 04-06-2002, 04:26 PM

hey man, sorry, my internet connection got cut off at my apt. have to come to school to check my email and replies. i should have some pics uploaded by monday. i go to chicago heights on the weekends, that is pretty close to indiana. i guess ill send you the pics and then we can talk. cool. laterz
Laly
Cool, thanks. Reach me at

nismo1989@aol.com

Peace.