3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Carbon Fiber Hood deal complete. Fiber Images details inside-->

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 10:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Carbon Fiber Hood deal complete. Fiber Images details inside-->

Ok guys,

Here's a list of the participants.

Jason92SE (Jason Gillick)
Latinmax (Levin R Vera)
Mykizim (Michael Nguyen)
JDwyer2821 (Jonathan Dwyer)
8Ball (Mike Sullivan)
James92SE (James Harrison)
DA-MAX (Addae Akinsheye)
ObsidianICE69 (Matthew Gadson)
NGthing (Jonathan Ng)
Jahlil2NYC (Jalil Hamilton)

These are our ten participants. If you have sent your money and are not on this list, let me know immediately. I called Fiber Images to get all the information and this is what they told me:

If you want a colored weave included in your hood (ie. red, blue, orange, etc.), it will cost an extra $100.

The hood will use all stock latches and components. They know that some hoods have not been able to utilize the gas-charged hood supports because the hood is too light. I'm not sure if this is the case with the maxima. They're going to have to look at the hood before they let me know.

The nozzle holes will only be included in your hood upon request. The holes will not be put into the mold. I will send out a mass email that you guys need to reply to so that I can mark you down for holes or no holes.

They recommend the use of the factory weather stripping to keep air from rattling the hood around when driving on the freeway. They will include small holes for those t-shaped plastic things so that you can put on the weather stripping. The use of hood pins is also highly recommended.

As of late, the guy who told me that the price was going to be $450 plus shipping has been fired. The owner's wife told me that the price is usually $500 plus shipping. I told her that I already have ten people who agreed to $450 plus shipping. She said she was going to talk it over with the owner and see what they could. So the price may be upped $50, I'm not sure yet. We may still get it for $450, it is still undecided. I will keep you guys posted. I know this sucks, but it's really out of my hands. I'll do my best to negotiate the best deal. If any of you have any questions, email me please or reply to this thread.

Thanks,
David C.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: Carbon Fiber Hood deal complete. Fiber Images details inside-->

Alright,

They will honor the group deal for $450 a hood plus shipping. If you want the colored carbon fiber you need to let me know asap.

Thanks,
David C.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: Carbon Fiber Hood deal complete. Fiber Images details inside-->

Originally posted by maximapowr
Alright,

They will honor the group deal for $450 a hood plus shipping. If you want the colored carbon fiber you need to let me know asap.

Thanks,
David C.
tight dude,,, so if u want colored fiber it will be 550 ontop of that + shipping?
Old 04-05-2002, 10:22 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

what exactly does the "colored weave" look like??(got any pics of it on a current car)...does it mean the entire hood will be (for example) red or does it mean the red is "mixed in" with the black CF mateiral giving it a "reddish tint" but still majority black??? KNow what I mean?? was that confuising or what??
Old 04-05-2002, 10:24 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Good deal....finally!!
Old 04-05-2002, 10:55 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by DA-MAX
what exactly does the "colored weave" look like??(got any pics of it on a current car)...does it mean the entire hood will be (for example) red or does it mean the red is "mixed in" with the black CF mateiral giving it a "reddish tint" but still majority black??? KNow what I mean?? was that confuising or what??
It will be a red mixed in with the black.. the weave going one direction is black, and the weave going the other direction is red.
from more than a few feet away, it looks dark red/blue/whatever.. when you look up close, you can see the individual colors in the weave. for examples, look at www.woodtrim.com at their carbon fiber dash kits. that's the only thing I can think of right off hand.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Carbon Fiber Hood deal complete. Fiber Images details inside-->

yeah, it will be $550 plus shipping for the colored weave. If you go to www.fiberimages.com and look at the hood on the Infiniti G20, you'll see an example of a red weave carbon fiber hood.

David C.
Old 04-06-2002, 12:35 AM

yah what Matt described is what it would look like.

My friend has this watch that has blue carbon fiber weave in the face.. it looks really nice, its blue from far away and when u get closer its blue/black pretty nice.. i wish i had a pic to show you but i still havent gottne the correct software to work with my os

but for a 100 dollars more, which im NOT willing to pay because basic carbon fiber would look nice as is
Old 04-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by mykizism
but for a 100 dollars more, which im NOT willing to pay because basic carbon fiber would look nice as is
yeah same here! I just saw the pic of that G20 David linked to, its looked okay...I'm gonna stay with straight CF though!
Old 04-06-2002, 01:10 AM

I am getting the red like that G20
Old 04-08-2002, 06:10 AM

Hey can i get silver for a color?
Old 04-08-2002, 06:23 AM

The hood will use all stock latches and components. They know that some hoods have not been able to utilize the gas-charged hood supports because the hood is too light. I'm not sure if this is the case with the maxima. They're going to have to look at the hood before they let me know.

Would this be one of those times where weak hood strute are good?
Old 04-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

any updates yet???
Old 04-22-2002, 10:40 AM

everything has been shipped.

any updates yet???
Expect them to be done in four to six weeks

David C.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:34 AM

You guys need to get together and meet somewhere and take a bunch of pics of the Max's with CF hoods and post em on here that would be cool. Should make your cars look nIIce.