3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I have 2 questions about bodykits and odometer

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2000, 03:02 PM

For the guys and ladies who have installed a bodykit. what kind of double sided sticky tape do you use. I got a little bit of tape with the front stillen lip. but there is not enough for the side skirts and the rear valance. i went to the home depo and they did not have strong double sided foam tape.

question number 2 is how hard is it to take out the odometer and clean it? see, mine stopped working and want to see if i clean it it may start to work again. do any of you think this will work? thanks for your help.

i had one other question but i forgot DAMN i hate when i do that.. ahhhh

Patrick
Old 11-24-2000, 03:08 PM

I would use some rivets to hold it on too. The tape might not hold if you ever have to umm.. err.. check the accuracy of your speedometer at high speeds
Old 11-24-2000, 03:10 PM

yea i am just using tape under the doors then i am going to out a few screws in the wheel wells. i think this will be enough to hold it in. what do you think.?
Patrick
Old 11-24-2000, 04:13 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Use 3M brand double sided tape

For the side pieces I used rivets along the door jams, and for the rear a front pieces I used rivets where they cant be seen (wheel wells, fog light area, rear license plate area, etc.) I also used clear silicone along the entire kit to prevent dirt from unsticking the double sided tape in the long run. The front piece the hardest, due to the contour of the front bumper. A extra pair of hands will be helpful, two pairs will be great.
Old 11-24-2000, 04:54 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Cleaning the speedometer will not fix it. It is more than likely the gear drive that is found on top of the tranny on the driver's side. This sends the signal from the trans to the speedometer and is typically what goes bad. It sends an electronic signal, not a cable, to the gauges, but when going bad it will usaully cause the speedometer to bounce around. But, go ahead and clean it. Go ahead and change the color of the bulbs if you want while your in there. It is easy to access and can be taken out and put back in about 30 minutes. However much time you take to clean it will add to that of course.
Old 11-24-2000, 05:02 PM

thanks

chris is it hard to change the motor that is on the trany? i wanted to fix this. even though i like my car at 68,000 miles. do you know how i can get to the part on the trany?
thanks chris.

thanks CandiMan for the tips

Patrick
Old 11-24-2000, 05:30 PM
Get Off My Lawn

It's on the driver's side. Pop the hood, lean over driver's fender and look down toward the tranny. It will be a small, cylindrical peice with a couple of wires coming off it sticking up from the tranny. It is below the oil filter and towards the driver's side. You'll find it, but you may need a light. I've removed my oem intake and ran a custom CAI, so I can see good down in there now! More room for mods! You can't really look at it and tell if it's broke. But, in replacing it, it just takes either a 10mm socket or a phillips head screwdriver to take out the one bolt, it's small and easy to take on and off. But, looking don't hurt, just don't drop anything in the tranny!