3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

..BoSe....anY 1 trieD thIs??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 07:53 AM
bjyang

..BoSe....anY 1 trieD thIs??

alrte........my 6 x 9 for my stock bose blew. I've been driving my max for bout a year w/out the 6 x 9s but with the 12in rockford fosgate. Then my damn 12s blew about a month ago. Now my 200 x 2 amp, one channel is f@cked!!
then........yesterday..i got 2 new 12in pioneer impps. Ran one to my amp....the other...couldnt run it so my lil bro..yes my lil bro..was like..dude...try to run one of the 12s to the stock bose amp where the 6x9 were suppose to be. I did....and it thumps nice as hell!!! Better than my amp. now i want to run both to the stock bose amp but my right stock amp only works sometimes. anyone ever tried this???
if ya didnt........n your 6x9s are out..give it a try......you just might like it!!

bj

Old 04-12-2002, 10:01 AM

Re: ..BoSe....anY 1 trieD thIs??

how many watts are those bose amps? it gives your 12 enough juice to hit?
Old 04-12-2002, 10:39 AM
bjyang

Re: Re: ..BoSe....anY 1 trieD thIs??

Originally posted by matt1sd
how many watts are those bose amps? it gives your 12 enough juice to hit?
i have no clue....but yes....theres enough juice for my 450 watts pioneer. I am surprise myself too.

Old 04-12-2002, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by bjyang
alrte........my 6 x 9 for my stock bose blew. I've been driving my max for bout a year w/out the 6 x 9s but with the 12in rockford fosgate. Then my damn 12s blew about a month ago. Now my 200 x 2 amp, one channel is f@cked!!
then........yesterday..i got 2 new 12in pioneer impps. Ran one to my amp....the other...couldnt run it so my lil bro..yes my lil bro..was like..dude...try to run one of the 12s to the stock bose amp where the 6x9 were suppose to be. I did....and it thumps nice as hell!!! Better than my amp. now i want to run both to the stock bose amp but my right stock amp only works sometimes. anyone ever tried this???
if ya didnt........n your 6x9s are out..give it a try......you just might like it!!

bj
That little amp makes your 12 thump? gotta love the bose...
Old 04-12-2002, 11:00 AM

i wanted to do this but im using the speaker line for my 6 * 9s
i used to use the amp to power my pa speaker that was 20 watts
i want to run rca cables off my amp then cut the connecter and hot wire them to the bose amps any sdone this or what do u think
Old 04-12-2002, 12:41 PM

Re: Re: ..BoSe....anY 1 trieD thIs??

i got a box with 2 12's sitting in my house, i dont have an amp though. this is a good idea, you just wire the speaker wire from the bose speaker cone to the sub?
Old 04-12-2002, 01:44 PM

UH that is seriously underpowering your sub. You must have a really crappy aftermarket amp if the bose amp is sounding better.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:15 PM

i was thinkin the same thing as you tilt....as far as those pioneer impp's, you must have some 10's cause i have the 12's and they can take 600 watts. I got a sony xplode amp pushin em and it sounds nice *** hell, but i don't see how those bose amps can push those subs and it sounds good. Even at 450 watts, it can't possibly push those speakers that much to where it sounds GOOD!! I'ma hook my subs up to the bose amps just to see what it sounds like...that is if mine are still working!
Old 04-15-2002, 01:38 AM

has any one used the bose amp on subs i tink that it would distort very easly when i crank it up
Old 04-15-2002, 05:16 AM

Only problem I can foresee happening is this... What is the power rating and resistance on the 12s?
Underpowering the sub like that can have 2 effects...
1) Underpowering a sub can blow it as fast as overpowering it
2) If the resistance on the 12 is lower then the resistance on the amp, it'll cause more power to run through the amp, and if you're underpowering the sub, it'll force more current through the amp as well, which will cause the amp to blow.

Most of the times they recommend an amp in circuit with the speakers to avoid those two problems.
Just the $0.17 from an electronics tech
Old 04-15-2002, 07:52 AM
bjyang

i just realized.........it only sounds good at low volume because at high volume....the ohter 12 thumps harder. But at low volume..u still have the bass. and yes my amp do Not push hard. Since i blew one channel somehow.

bj