3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

interior paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 05:29 AM

interior paint

i was wondering what kind of paint to use on the intetior of the car..to do like the air vents and maybe some of the panaling..would i use spray paint or some sorta regular paint?
Old 04-14-2002, 07:00 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

ok

I should really type this up and make a write up but anyway,

use any kind of paint, no matter what other people will tell you, its not really the paint(as long as its half decent)its the method its applied, the only time you will need anythings diferent is if you paint the actaul dash(the vinyl in that case you would use vinyl paint) you just want to do the console and vents right? when you buy the paint make sure that you get primer,the color(s), and clear coat make sure they are all the same brand.

take the pieces out, if your unsure there are like 9999x9999 posts just search for instructions.

use some paint thiner to clean all of the pieces, that way you can remove all the crap that you vents have blown out and any dressing or goo or other random **** that may have gotten onto the pieces.

dry the pieces off all the way and make sure there is no paint thiner left, if you have doubts wash them off with water, to make sure.

now use the primer to just dust the pieces, and then in about 90 seconds put another light coat(its important that you use light coats)
repeat untill you pieces are fully primed.

let that sit for 30-60 minutes,(use a blow dryer to speed it up)

use the same steps as above with the color, but apply about 20-30 light coats.

let that dry fo 60-90 minutes then apply the clear coat in light coats, and keep applying light coats untill you finsih the can,
when we do it for a customer we use alot of clear coat to give a kind of metalic finsih, also if you want a metalic finsih or "pearl" effect use automotive paint (you can get it from any autoparts store, in a can)

let it sit overnight before you reinstall it.

anyone doubts my system
here