3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Custom Body Kit GD Info...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 12:26 PM

just an idea

well, im by no means a master of photoshop, but i changed the one for the 4th gen a little. i think it looks good.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i think it looks good too, and it's perfect for an intercooler
Old 04-19-2002, 06:23 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: just an idea

Originally posted by thebull
well, im by no means a master of photoshop, but i changed the one for the 4th gen a little. i think it looks good.
yeah thats what I was thinking of.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:25 PM

looks too much like the wings west kit... if that is all you are talking bout I am out! I want something more aggressive, I like the 240sx blitz agressor kit alot, with something like a Wings west back full bumper with the dual exhaust possibilities, or the actual r33 or r34 gtr kits. I am gonna get flamed but don't give Scheit... I would really prefer a shogun style kit... OMG yes I said shogun up in this ****, so what you gonna say now.

All i gotta say is that I want an agressive non-***** a$$ kit. I am sick of lame kits please!

thanks
Have a nice day!

Jared
Old 04-19-2002, 01:46 PM

Re: just an idea

if you put two more holes on the side it looks exactly like the accord's black widow kit. But yeah iconoclast has a point there, would be interesting to have a kit that is abit agressive. I know an agressive kit on a 3rd gen will look weird because the 3rd gen is so boxy but it will sure as hell be unique and look at the r34, the car is pretty boxy itself but it has a pretty agressive kit and it looks damn nice. Maybe we can do the same for our max
Old 04-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

When do you expect some progress to be made? If it looks much like the image in the first post, I'll definately spring for it! How about side skirts? Rear Valence? Let's see some prototypes.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by ICONOCLAST
looks too much like the wings west kit... if that is all you are talking bout I am out! I want something more aggressive, I like the 240sx blitz agressor kit alot, with something like a Wings west back full bumper with the dual exhaust possibilities, or the actual r33 or r34 gtr kits. I am gonna get flamed but don't give Scheit... I would really prefer a shogun style kit... OMG yes I said shogun up in this ****, so what you gonna say now.

All i gotta say is that I want an agressive non-***** a$$ kit. I am sick of lame kits please!

thanks
Have a nice day!

Jared
i dont know how you have the idea that the skyline gtr has these insane looking bumpers on them. here is the skyline, show me how it has these crazy rice bumpers cus i dont see it. http://www.quantum.net.au/ablew/skyline.gif
http://www.quantum.net.au/ablew/gtr2.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/~zul2oceans/P_check.jpg
weve all seen how rediculous shogun style kits and other kits like that look on a 3rd gen. the hedious yellow beast that was on ebay for months and never sold come to mind??
Old 04-19-2002, 11:44 PM

i dont know how you have the idea that the skyline gtr has these insane looking bumpers on them. here is the skyline, show me how it has these crazy rice bumpers cus i dont see it. http://www.quantum.net.au/ablew/skyline.gif
http://www.quantum.net.au/ablew/gtr2.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/~zul2oceans/P_check.jpg
weve all seen how rediculous shogun style kits and other kits like that look on a 3rd gen. the hedious yellow beast that was on ebay for months and never sold come to mind??
I did not say rice or ricey or anything like that, I said agressive with enough room to house a decent sized intercooler (forgot to add the intercooler part. I alredy have a bid out on a huge turbo and intercooler setup!

Jared
Old 04-19-2002, 11:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just thought about this

I was thinkin that we should make sure that the new kit is able to house factory foglights and still look clean. I mean like maybe a set from a fourth or fifth gen maxima. I just want to be able to have flush foglites and make it look like they belong there. I'm sure we can still use our orignal wiring and swith but the 3 gen stock foglites are gonna look crazy. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:00 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

please keep this bs out of my thread, we can all talk like adults

Originally posted by ICONOCLAST

thanks
Have a nice day!

Jared

IT will most likely be something along these lines, and before you start flooding Dennis with messages, it is PSed from a kit for a 240.
and whoever keeps asking for pictures of a prototype, a company will not make one untill we have the money so please stop asking.
when the time comes I'll get a picture of a very similar kit and PS it on a max.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:47 AM

Re: please keep this bs out of my thread, we can all talk like adults

Originally posted by N34JZ

IT will most likely be something along these lines, and before you start flooding Dennis with messages, it is PSed from a kit for a 240.
and whoever keeps asking for pictures of a prototype, a company will not make one untill we have the money so please stop asking.
when the time comes I'll get a picture of a very similar kit and PS it on a max.

has a test car been selected yet or are we still waiting for it? I am just anxious to get this deal moving. So what is the current update?
Old 04-20-2002, 01:37 PM

check the new designs sonme one made

Old 04-20-2002, 01:50 PM

IMO... I would kill to ohave that front bumper in the first pic
Old 04-20-2002, 02:31 PM

Re: check the new designs sonme one made

Don't we need front turn signals are cars dont have the side ones
Old 04-20-2002, 02:53 PM

actually yes we do

if you were to do the simple corner rewire to make it a turn signal like i have then it would be perfect
Old 04-20-2002, 02:56 PM

Re: actually yes we do

Originally posted by dnas420
if you were to do the simple corner rewire to make it a turn signal like i have then it would be perfect
I like the front blinker and would like it to be in the kit plus will I pass any typoe of inspection without front blinkers
Old 04-20-2002, 03:24 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

UPDATE

the guy is going to call me back with more info,
WE will use my car, if you want the reasons read the entire post
the kit will incorperate the stock blinkers.
Old 04-21-2002, 01:54 PM

Well, I did these and I think they look great I will add in some turn signals on the top of the bumper where they would be originally. Also this kid would really be a new addition for the 3rd gen seeing as some of you really want something other then stillen and erebuni as us 4th gener's do.
Old 04-21-2002, 02:09 PM

Re: Re: check the new designs sonme one made

Originally posted by gtr_rider

Well, I did these and I think they look great I will add in some turn signals on the top of the bumper where they would be originally. Also this kid would really be a new addition for the 3rd gen seeing as some of you really want something other then stillen and erebuni as us 4th gener's do.
here is the kit with the signals installed:

Old 04-21-2002, 03:32 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

ummm

the back is ok(a little to boxy), the front is way too drastic for any car IMO, Ive got some pics on my lap top that ill post soon,
Old 04-21-2002, 04:11 PM

I like the front, it's aggressive.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: check the new designs sonme one made

Originally posted by gtr_rider

here is the kit with the signals installed:

I like this A whole lot! That is definately what I'm talking about! Agreessive but fits the car right, and the rear reminds me kinda of some of the 300zx kits!

Beem me up scotty... I will take one of these and will pay plenty for it! I am contacting a fibergaqls manufacturer that sells kits and hoods for Nopi already and see if the will make this if it is alright with everyone, or unless n34JZ wants to go forward with this one!

As for the pics of the ones N34JZ has I would love to see those as well, but so far I am leaning to the pics of a kit the GTR-RIDER has made!

Jared

Jared
Old 04-21-2002, 09:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: check the new designs sonme one made

i think that there are too many curves and diagonals on the front bumper for the shape of our car. it clashes a little. and what about the stock fogs?
Old 04-22-2002, 12:05 AM

i dunno if it is to late or not

but im in as well i really want a bodyklit for my car, but all these wings west and all of them look horrible no offence to anyone that has one though count me in email is nikon7@bellsouth.net
Old 04-22-2002, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by JoJo428m
I like the front, it's aggressive.
I second that. Aggressive is good.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

were not

going to make that kit, If you guys want to get ten orders(from people that actually have the money) and will find someone to make that, then go for it, my GD kit will be less drastic because after the first ten are complete I want to be able to sell it, and I dont think there will be to much demand for that kit, it reminds me too much of that yellow max on ebay.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:57 PM

Does anyone have a picture of this supposed hideous yellow max on ebay??? Did any of you save it or by chance have the item number from ebay for me to look up in the archives? I want to see it.

And, just to put my two cents in. Agressive is GOOD. I'm so tired of seeing these kits that just extend the body down. I want some style, something that gives our cars a less boy look.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by cbrflyer919
something that gives our cars a less boy look.
you want something that gives it that girly look?
Old 04-22-2002, 06:25 PM

I WOULD BE WILLING TO LEND MY CAR IF YOU LET ME KNOW LIKE A MONTH IN ADVANCE. I LOVE IN PASADENA AREA. LET ME KNOW MY E MAIL IS HMGALINDO@MSN.COM ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW OF ANY SHOWS OR GATHERINGS OF MAXIMA'S IN THE SO CAL AREA.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by ale92se
I WOULD BE WILLING TO LEND MY CAR IF YOU LET ME KNOW LIKE A MONTH IN ADVANCE. I LOVE IN PASADENA AREA. LET ME KNOW MY E MAIL IS HMGALINDO@MSN.COM ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW OF ANY SHOWS OR GATHERINGS OF MAXIMA'S IN THE SO CAL AREA.
quick Matt, delete this post...before N34JZ reads it and is forced to go medievel...wonder how far this guy got into the thread before he replied...probably the first post.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:43 PM

oh yeah, and...
Old 04-22-2002, 06:52 PM

I LIKE THE GRILL ON THE FIRST PIC.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

just in case you didn't READ the first couple pages......

Were using my car, that way I can purchase an extra kit, so we will only need 9 other people, Icon, it probably wont be for a month so do your vtc's.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by noleafclover

quick Matt, delete this post...before N34JZ reads it and is forced to go medievel...wonder how far this guy got into the thread before he replied...probably the first post.

SORRY FOR THE REPLY. AT WORK & DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE THING. WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:06 PM

SORRY FOR THE REPLY. AT WORK & DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE THING. WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
it's cool, but you're still typing in caps...hmm...oh well, welcome aboard.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:15 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

lol

thanks for saving me the stress on my fingers guys,lol Im sorry I just think that kit looks stupid on a maxima, a body kit should reflect certain things that are already in the car so it looks like its supposed to be there, and the back is whats on the back of every civic with a kit. oh and to who ever asked a long time ago the XRR kit will have the option for dual or single exhaust cut outs.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:04 AM

Re: lol

oh and to who ever asked a long time ago the XRR kit will have the option for dual or single exhaust cut outs.
good, i'll take two
Old 04-23-2002, 11:32 AM

While GT's design is pretty nice, it's a bit too jagged for the max (my opinion). Imagine what our cars would look like with that on the front, from a side view. Huge thing sticking out, at the front, and the lack of a decent rear bumper kit would make it look odd. As for the the GD, i'd be interested if i had prototype pics. I'd rather not put money down on something that may turn out to look like sh&$, if you catch my drift.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

OK LAST TIME I TYPE THIS

WHEN ALL 10 ORDERS ARE PAID THE COMPANY WILL THEN MAKE THE PROTOYPE. All we have to show until then will be a good photoshoped picture of the kit and pictures of the kit(or similair on other cars). When I get all the info well take a poll and try and find a kit(s) that incorperate a compromise( oh god I can only imagine that on this board) of what all the buyers want. then Ill photoshop some pics and well agree and the manufacturor will make a kit very similiar (cant be exactly the same be cause some things will change once its actually on the car) then that kit will be molded onto my car( the test car) then after that they will produce the 10 and ship.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:08 PM

custom bodykit

I'm in for the skyline kit too, just gotta get the money in order. can you get anymore info, or when the money would be needed? plus, i would want a prototyped pic also b4 i put money in cause i wanna see what it will look like.

Quick Reply: Custom Body Kit GD Info...