3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

working on UDP for VE with Unorthodox

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:45 AM

working on UDP for VE with Unorthodox

Check this out, So I email them and ask when an UDP will be available for the ve. They get back to me and say "ones not available, but we would be will to work with you to develop one at no cost to you" (So it was a good idea that I mentioned in my email that I am only one town over from there location). I email them back and I ask "at no cost, meaning the development or would I be getting the pulley for free). They respond "We will do a before dyno, then take dimensions, then install the pulley and drive it for a couple weeks, then come back and do an after dyno, and I'll be getting the first production pulley free of charge. I'm like YEAH BABBBBY, I'm more excited about getting all this dyno work done than getting the pulley . So now I'm working hard to make sure the car is in peak condition for the dyno. I just placed an order for the intake manifold gaskets b/c I want to get to the knock sensor to clean it, otherwise the car is running sooo goood right now.
I'll get back to you guys in the next month or so, and maybe I can set up a good group deal for everyone that wants one .
Old 04-17-2002, 10:53 AM

Re: working on UDP for VE with Unorthodox

Originally posted by eric93SE
Check this out, So I email them and ask when an UDP will be available for the ve. They get back to me and say "ones not available, but we would be will to work with you to develop one at no cost to you" (So it was a good idea that I mentioned in my email that I am only one town over from there location). I email them back and I ask "at no cost, meaning the development or would I be getting the pulley for free). They respond "We will do a before dyno, then take dimensions, then install the pulley and drive it for a couple weeks, then come back and do an after dyno, and I'll be getting the first production pulley free of charge. I'm like YEAH BABBBBY, I'm more excited about getting all this dyno work done than getting the pulley . So now I'm working hard to make sure the car is in peak condition for the dyno. I just placed an order for the intake manifold gaskets b/c I want to get to the knock sensor to clean it, otherwise the car is running sooo goood right now.
I'll get back to you guys in the next month or so, and maybe I can set up a good group deal for everyone that wants one .
4 months ago I called them and asked them to make one for me and they said they don't have any plans for a VE Pulley
Old 04-17-2002, 12:05 PM

asp udp

asp racing makes udp for the VE. they're a whole lot cheaper too.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:32 PM

there's currently an ongoing law suite against UR for their new eclipse UDP's. i was reading a representative's post on one of the message boards and he was actually talking down on other companies like ASP saying they were garbage. personally i'm not a UR fan. I called about a flywheel and they said "we have to see where the flywheel is in our production line" and i said "so you actually make the flywheel, you don't buy it from anywhere else" and the rep said "yes that's correct" BS!!!!!!!! i don't remember who it was, but i know people have bought UR flywheels and they've been AASCO. . . .sorry, had to vent. . .
Old 04-17-2002, 02:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: working on UDP for VE with Unorthodox

Originally posted by eric93SE

well, i thought u were the culest till i read the rest, but good luck anyway sounds like a plan...group dealies is good
Old 04-17-2002, 04:48 PM

Re: asp udp

Originally posted by poorcollegeboy
asp racing makes udp for the VE. they're a whole lot cheaper too.
Does asp make one for the VG??? Is it cheaper? Im cheap
Old 04-17-2002, 05:26 PM

Re: Re: asp udp

Originally posted by 93maxVG

Actually Unorthodox makes one for the vg, but I'm not sure about ASP.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Getting back to his roots

Re: Re: Re: asp udp

According to all the threads I've read about it, the ASP UDP is a nice product that gives gains (and is only $119 as of today). However, competition is a healthy thing, so I say go for it if they are eager to make one.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:24 PM

Re: Re: asp udp

Originally posted by 93maxVG

unfortunately unorthodox is the only one that makes udp for vg. ehy run a little over $200 (i think).
Old 04-18-2002, 12:05 AM

They don't need your car. They need a stock pully, and the lower front engine cover. That's all they'll need.

I know because I'm the person who had the VG pulley made, and had the first one installed. Anf if you get any color but silver or black I'll kill you.

-Kaleb
Old 04-18-2002, 02:57 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Them sound like fightin word

Originally posted by kaleb
They don't need your car. They need a stock pully, and the lower front engine cover. That's all they'll need.

I know because I'm the person who had the VG pulley made, and had the first one installed. Anf if you get any color but silver or black I'll kill you.

-Kaleb
Kaleb,

You gonna be at cheddar's saturday? I think there's a meet.

-Blackandwhite