3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

newbie kinda question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 06:43 PM

newbie kinda question?

Dumb question , didnt see the stickies ? Is the window regulator the same as the window motor?
My window is stuck on down, had to push it up, and duct tape it =( this window also hasnt worked since i got a real bad short, my old mech said i need a new motor, and a switch. this was like in december, now i really need to get it fixed. Can a newbie handle fixing it instead of a new one?
ANother question, has anyone gotten a short in the fuse box by the battery? I seem to have a short coming from that box, either the wirest or the fuses, My old mech has no idea, my friend has to do some testing. Well ne ways thanks, this board is always helpful and NICE. havent been here a while..
Old 04-17-2002, 06:53 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

regulator and motor two different animal. get a new regulator..it'll save u more headaches in the future.

if you can replace the door speakers you can pretty much do this.

find out what the short is (what does it power..should be listed on the cover)...see if there's anything hooked up to it..(fogs and etc). good luck...electrical is a pain in the ****.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:06 PM

its the rear window i have a bit confidence. will prob do it in the next couple of days. Electrical probs are a pain in the ****!! I've had it since november, dumb mechanic said it was fixed, keep getting a dead batt in the morning. My street mech friend is gonna work on it as soon as the weather is decent. He used a test light disconected the batt, theres an extension coming from the fuse box(near batt) connected to my batt, it light up without the batt on. So he hopes its just wirest touching there cause its a mess. Everything seems to be working ok, except my speedo, tech , some idiot lights dont work. I dont have fog ne more, just direct connection from radio to batt. Its hard to find a decent electrical mech. Ne 1 know of one in Brooklyn, NYC??

Originally posted by DanNY
regulator and motor two different animal. get a new regulator..it'll save u more headaches in the future.

if you can replace the door speakers you can pretty much do this.

find out what the short is (what does it power..should be listed on the cover)...see if there's anything hooked up to it..(fogs and etc). good luck...electrical is a pain in the ****.