3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Strut Boot, Bump Stops

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 10:54 PM

Strut Boot, Bump Stops

hey guys i did some searching on this, but just cant get a definite answer (is there ever)

i am getting (have, but am waiting to install) tokico / eibach combo

ive got a 91 se, i am almost certian the boots are broken... my questions is, is there really any advantage to replaceing them, the struts them selves have a plastic ring that suposedly cleanes off the piston, but honestly, do they, or do thy not do any good (any opinions welcomed)

2nd question, from personal expericne on a 91se with 127k on it, are the bumpstops needing replacemnt and again, are they truly necessary with the stiffer eibach springs???

so many quesitons so little time

ill write up a good documentery when i put em on and post it mid may (and the autox results too

(also, did anyone else with this combo have camber problems? with stock wheels? with 17's or 16's?)
Old 04-21-2002, 05:08 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

not sure about your questions

but I went to staples and they gave me the run around telling me that my problem was with ups and I told them UPS told me the oposite, so I made them call UPS and ups is sending them a claims form for me to fill out monday or tuesday, they want you to hold on to the box for 5 days, if they ask tell them that the most expensive part out of the box is whats missing, then once I fill out the forms thell mail me a check, but dont worry Ill lay-out the money and pick it up tuesday.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:59 AM

Re: Strut Boot, Bump Stops

Originally posted by chrispy
hey guys i did some searching on this, but just cant get a definite answer (is there ever)

i am getting (have, but am waiting to install) tokico / eibach combo

ive got a 91 se, i am almost certian the boots are broken... my questions is, is there really any advantage to replaceing them, the struts them selves have a plastic ring that suposedly cleanes off the piston, but honestly, do they, or do thy not do any good (any opinions welcomed)

2nd question, from personal expericne on a 91se with 127k on it, are the bumpstops needing replacemnt and again, are they truly necessary with the stiffer eibach springs???

so many quesitons so little time

ill write up a good documentery when i put em on and post it mid may (and the autox results too

(also, did anyone else with this combo have camber problems? with stock wheels? with 17's or 16's?)
You need them. Don't try to be cheap.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:05 AM

Re: Re: Strut Boot, Bump Stops

Originally posted by FrankBattle

You need them. Don't try to be cheap.
Need boots? give me an email and i'll hook you up.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:13 AM

gotcha, done

do stock bumpstops fit on tokico shocks??

and what about camber
Old 04-21-2002, 11:05 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Re: not sure about your questions

Originally posted by N34JZ
but I went to staples and they gave me the run around telling me that my problem was with ups and I told them UPS told me the oposite, so I made them call UPS and ups is sending them a claims form for me to fill out monday or tuesday, they want you to hold on to the box for 5 days, if they ask tell them that the most expensive part out of the box is whats missing, then once I fill out the forms thell mail me a check, but dont worry Ill lay-out the money and pick it up tuesday.
]

Haha, dude, use a period sometimes.

Looks like this: .

Old 04-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I was using an old keyboard

and the . doesnt work half the time, plus it was like 8:00 in the morning, MR. punctuation
Old 04-21-2002, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by chrispy
gotcha, done

do stock bumpstops fit on tokico shocks??

and what about camber
Yes they do. I got mine from NAPA (any auto parts store can order them for you). 15 per pair for the front and a bit more for the rear.
Old 04-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

ummm

Originally posted by maxima_dumby
but for your eibach i know for a fact that you don't need a camber kit
then why does Eibach make one for our cars and recomend it when installing their springs?

http://tirerack.com/suspension/Suspt...&autoYear=1992

I'm no expert but before I give some one advice about their car I make sure Im right, or I tell that that im not sure