3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

BMW KIT Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 04:05 PM

BMW KIT Group Buy

Ok folks you asked for it and now I got the info and price you guys can hopefully work with. it took me a while to negotiate this so enjoy. These lights are "genuine" BMW lights, not like the ones in my write up ( http://www.geocities.com/bmwconversion ) these have no known problems with clouding nor pitting. get the Genuine ones at http://www.ultimatebmwparts.com/maxima.htm for right at 200 for a pair shipped with bulbs. They are normally 95-105 a piece and i got him down to 88 a piece shipped as long as we buy through him. Let me know what you think and please reply if you are buying so i can keep track of what was sold. he needs atleast 10 orders asap in order to hold the price. Please dont make all this work I have done go right down the drain.

Tommorow I will know about getting wiring harnesses with them. And we might also be able to get clear side markers from the e36 series.
Old 04-21-2002, 05:44 PM

I'd do it, but I'm saving for spring/struts. Maybe in a couple months.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:51 PM

Re: BMW KIT Group Buy

Originally posted by dnas420
Ok folks you asked for it and now I got the info and price you guys can hopefully work with. it took me a while to negotiate this so enjoy. These lights are "genuine" BMW lights, not like the ones in my write up ( http://www.geocities.com/bmwconversion ) these have no known problems with clouding nor pitting. get the Genuine ones at http://www.ultimatebmwparts.com/maxima.htm for right at 200 for a pair shipped with bulbs. They are normally 95-105 a piece and i got him down to 88 a piece shipped as long as we buy through him. Let me know what you think and please reply if you are buying so i can keep track of what was sold. he needs atleast 10 orders asap in order to hold the price. Please dont make all this work I have done go right down the drain.

Tommorow I will know about getting wiring harnesses with them. And we might also be able to get clear side markers from the e36 series.
Are these the Bosch Ellipsoids with the H1 bulbs or just the 9006 (I believe) standard non-ellisoid style, or the ZKW H& parabolic/free form lights?

Jared
Old 04-22-2002, 12:46 PM

This sounds bad*** man, does it require any fabrication to make sure the headlight housings stay in place? The webpage notes that it does not come with the frame because it is not needed.

"Are these the Bosch Ellipsoids with the H1 bulbs or just the 9006 (I believe) standard non-ellisoid style, or the ZKW H& parabolic/free form lights?"

ICONOCLAST - What the heck does all that mean?
Old 04-22-2002, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by PDubs
This sounds bad*** man, does it require any fabrication to make sure the headlight housings stay in place? The webpage notes that it does not come with the frame because it is not needed.

"Are these the Bosch Ellipsoids with the H1 bulbs or just the 9006 (I believe) standard non-ellisoid style, or the ZKW H& parabolic/free form lights?"

ICONOCLAST - What the heck does all that mean?
There are 3 types of BMW e36 3 series headlights, 4 if you include angel eyes in the mix which is simply an add on to the existing e36 3 series BMW headlights. Goes as the following for the 3 different types....

1) Standard Bosch/Hella e36 headlights using 9006 bulbs. These are not the ellipsoids. $67.00 each from www.thepartsbin.com

2) European Ellipsoid stlye Bosch headlights using h1 bulbs in the housings, and the low beams have a projector stlye look. $198 each from the dealership here locally or around $300 for the pair from some various guys online.

3) ZKW parabolic free form e36 headlights that use h7 bulbs, and mainly have been used in newer BMWs, these are exceptionally bright but lack the projector looking style low beam lens. I can get them from some peopel online for $275-$300 for the pair, and wiring harness for aroudn $30.

4) The angel eyes / Demon eyes, they are both the same things some people call them angel eyes, some demon eyes. All the eyes are, is a ring shape led reminiscant bulb that retrofits around the low beam and another for the high beam of the e36 lights. You can usually get these seperate to add on to existing lights for around $200 or there are a few people selling them with the Bosch H1 Ellipsoid style e36 headlights for $500 on EBAY.com or contact Annular NG on here or use his AIM screen name which is Annular NG and IM for pricing shipped to your door.

Hope that helps, if not let me know how I can help you better.

Jared Seymour
Old 04-23-2002, 12:17 AM

Jared - Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I wanted to know before I jump in on this GP.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:39 AM

how soon do you need the money, and in what way?
Old 04-25-2002, 09:16 AM

ok

the difference is that hella lights tend to get cloudy and pit very fast ( like in 3 months) save money if you want defective stuff. but the genuine bmw lights are what are actually installed on bmw's today. They last for years, and do increase visibility on a max by IMO 50-75%. i have apc hyper whites in mine and they are bright as hell. Please everyone give me a hand at keeping this price. i am going to be selling my hellas for 80-100. so i can get these.
Old 04-28-2002, 05:04 PM

new link

http://www.ultimatebmwparts.com/commonpage/maxima.htm he redid the page. Listen people i went threw alot of trouble to help you guys and not 1! has been bought. common! If you are planning on buying these please post a reply to let me know otherwise i am dropping the Deal.