3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

IDLE........

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2000, 11:59 PM

Hi everyone, Well I purchased a 1993 J30 Nissan Maxima Ti (VG30E Engine Australian model) Auto sedan back in June 2000. I have always owned Nissan cars. First car and secound car was a Skyline. I have found the Maxima to be the best car to drive out of a lot of cars that I have driven. Anyway.......The Idle...
How smooth is the idle meant to be?? When idling when not in gear how is it meant to be?? Very, very smooth?
I had a little trouble with my car when I first got it. It was suddering on exceleration and was missing etc on idle. The car yard replaced the 3 injectors and the car has been great ever since. But I notice a very slight vibration on the steering wheel when the car idles! The machinics say it is normal. I have got a few friends that have Maximas and there cars do it too. Is it normal?? It is not bad just very light. But enought to make me think what it is. I thought it might have been fuel. Could that be it? I use preium fuel. Might be the octane rating in the fuel. I just don't know. The car drives very, very smooth when driven. Can someone help me with these questions.
Also I service my car every 5000kms. I change oil and filter. Is that enough? What other things should I also replace. I have done the fuel filter back in June just after I got the car. I done the air filter last month and also had the tranny serviced. I have a full service history with the car and the transmission has been serviced on time every time thank god. I seem to hear a lot of storys about the Auto's on these Maxima's.

Old 11-27-2000, 04:07 AM
marke

Strange

As far as I know, most idle problems are fixed as long as they replace the fuel injector system.

One test you can do is this-- start your car and leave in park, hold a rag lightly over the exhaust and observe the fluctuations of the rag. Might give you a better idea if it's fuel related.

Old 11-27-2000, 01:26 PM
DDD

I feel a little vibrations too

on the manual gearbox lever. It looks like the idle is slightly irregular.
The engine is OK beginning with the throttle responce to the mpg.
DDD