3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

**NEW** Custom Body kit no BS! Look inside for more information

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 01:06 PM

did you they have to custom fit that r34 front kit or did you just through it on as is???
Old 05-30-2002, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by pmb1985
did you they have to custom fit that r34 front kit or did you just through it on as is???
its not real, it was done in photoshop, so tchnically it was costum fitted
Old 05-30-2002, 01:18 PM

I'm interested in this kit

Something badass, no ugly square kit, something smooth and sweet.Please keep me informed,I'd rather pay wholesale price if we get more people, it would be cheaper. Thanks
Old 05-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

now thats nice!!!!! I'd go for that if the price is right...
Old 05-30-2002, 02:39 PM

That is PHAT as hell!! I'd go for it....If I had a job
Old 05-30-2002, 03:01 PM

skymax whos maxima is that on your sig
Old 05-30-2002, 08:33 PM

I'm

definately in if thats the kit we will get! That kit looks phat! can anyone pshop the rear? just lemme know how much $$ and if the price is right, i'm in!!
Old 05-30-2002, 08:58 PM

im deff in for that kit, its awesoome!.. and nice job with the photo shop
Old 05-31-2002, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by pest2001
skymax whos maxima is that on your sig
Mine
Old 05-31-2002, 09:26 AM

Re: Re: Here goes

Originally posted by SkyMax

Here is the pic..
that thing looks awsome. now go make some sideskirts and back bumper and lets get this thing made already!!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:28 PM

I would like a a big mouth style front air dam, but skyline for the rest of the car. What does the whole skyline kit look like?
Chris tisandmatt@aol.com
Old 06-01-2002, 12:00 AM

That's a lot of modding you are gonna have to do to the car for a one piece front end. It's not gonna be a built it slap it on you know? Our cars have a funny bumper. Maybe you should take a look at it and figure out somethin to do, unless you plan on having the side the bumper wrap around the fenders, which might work but i think it would look funny. And if you cut the fender you are gonna have to get it bolted up to somethin. Just a few pointers, since i am workin on a kit and know what to look for. good luck
Old 06-01-2002, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by fastmax92
That's a lot of modding you are gonna have to do to the car for a one piece front end. It's not gonna be a built it slap it on you know? Our cars have a funny bumper. Maybe you should take a look at it and figure out somethin to do, unless you plan on having the side the bumper wrap around the fenders, which might work but i think it would look funny. And if you cut the fender you are gonna have to get it bolted up to somethin. Just a few pointers, since i am workin on a kit and know what to look for. good luck
i know what your talking about. i figured they could just make it so that it replaced the bumper and then fit over that part of the fender. i know nothing about making these things, but that seems possible.
we really need to get something going here with this. this thread has been around for a long time and it seems like no kit is ever gonna be made.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:03 AM

The rest of the Skyline r34 body can't really be adapted to the Maxima, since it has these huge wheel arches that wouldn't work on our 4door cars. The rear is rather unimpressionable, and I don't think it would look better than the Stillen rear valence anyways.

A site with pics of the r34 is at:
http://www.fast-autos.net/nissan/nissanskyline.html

But as for the fit of the bumper, i think it would work as a bumper and grill replacement simulataneously, would it not? The picture was simply a 5minute photoshop job, I think if somebody really took this idea to fruition it wouldn't be much more difficult to fabricate than any other front end kit.

And yes, it would be really nice if this thread moved from this 3rd gen discussion forum to the ForSale forum.

QMax
92SE
Old 06-01-2002, 10:34 AM

would it be around 250 for the just the front if so im down
Old 06-01-2002, 06:26 PM

COULD WE STOP ALL THE BS

I have owned my max for almost 10 years, and for half of this time I have always wanted and body kit that looked good and made are cars look better than those F*&#ing honda's and I think this body kit could really do this, so please do everything you can to make this happen, I have seen other threads about custom body kits and never heard about them again. MAX4LIFE, oh ya please leave turbo questions to the turbo threads.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:14 PM

yeah lets get this thing started... but first where did jared go??? if he is lost and not found is there any othe way to get that gtr34 kit for the max?
Old 06-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

yeah lets get this thing started... but first where did jared go???
Jared is selling his Max....so I doubt this deal is even still on!
Old 06-02-2002, 08:51 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well my deal was going good

Originally posted by DA-MAX

Jared is selling his Max....so I doubt this deal is even still on!
but then this one took alot of people away, but hey its ok.
Old 06-02-2002, 09:48 AM

Re: well my deal was going good

Originally posted by N34JZ

but then this one took alot of people away, but hey its ok.
yeah, you had the other deal. any thoughts on getting this going again?
Old 06-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: well my deal was going good

Originally posted by thebull

yeah, you had the other deal. any thoughts on getting this going again?
I dont really have the time anymore, Ive got to get my Y pipe this week and then after that Im gonna order the stillen kit before prices go up and after that I need to save $2500 for the new paint job, so I cant wait until I get all the mabeys and what not and then the stillen kit will be up in the $700's again and Ill be stuck with no kit. If someone really wants to get 10 people then let me know and ill get the info for you
Old 06-02-2002, 02:46 PM

man this is f'ing stupid i thought we were getting some where with that kit it looked awsome thanks for wasting my time
Old 06-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by kingrye
man this is f'ing stupid i thought we were getting some where with that kit it looked awsome thanks for wasting my time

yeah great attitude...who the fucj are you??? then get a deal rolling by your ****ing self then....one thing I notice about some of you *******s on here is you have no initiative and you get mad when something doesn't work out FOR YOU! everyone is always *****ing about this and that....STOP *****ING GET IT DONE YOUR GAD DAMN SELF!!!!!!!

this has been another rant by DA-MAX....take it how you want!!!
Old 06-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by DA-MAX

yeah great attitude...who the fucj are you??? then get a deal rolling by your ****ing self then....one thing I notice about some of you *******s on here is you have no initiative and you get mad when something doesn't work out FOR YOU! everyone is always *****ing about this and that....STOP *****ING GET IT DONE YOUR GAD DAMN SELF!!!!!!!

this has been another rant by DA-MAX....take it how you want!!!
AMEN...although a little more swares than I would have used lol.
Old 06-02-2002, 03:31 PM

i mean i dont got any hook ups at all im new to this
but we get these great ideas and some how some one does get it to go threw
ex: carbon hood
im not just b1tching i want that kit on my car
what do we have to do t see threw some thing like this
i mean do people just put stuff on here to see what other people reaction will be or do wee do it to further the customation of our neglected cars. jesus rg
Old 06-02-2002, 03:53 PM

i still havent heard news about the CF HOOD yet.. haha
Old 06-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

connections?

[/B]
call up a body kit company and ask, and as for your example

the deal did go through and 10 people will be getting the CF hoods shortly so know what your talking about,

secondly in the first post of this very thread Iconlast says this is in no way competing with N34jz's deal, but in the title he says "No BS" which was in refrence to my thread, now had we kept the deal as one we probably would have had the kits made, but some people have no patients or faith, We almost had 10 people untill this thread was made, after that I had like 3, so why waste my time when all people do is complain,and tell you that its not good enough, you want a custom kit have one made, dont ***** because no one else did it yet,
Old 06-02-2002, 04:06 PM

ok then with that said lets focus and get a skyline kit made
Old 06-02-2002, 04:06 PM

if you do need more people who are SERIOUS about trying to get the kit, count me in, the only reason why i cant do anything my self, is cuz i dont know anything about kits in the least bit, i just got my max last week, and its my first car, and im only 17, so i kinda need the help.
Old 06-02-2002, 04:14 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

if you do need more people who are SERIOUS about trying to get the kit, count me in, the only reason why i cant do anything my self, is cuz i dont know anything about kits in the least bit, i just got my max last week, and its my first car, and im only 17, so i kinda need the help.
mabey you guys are confused, someone isnt going to make the kit in their garage, and they wont use and actuall skyline bumper, you let them know what you basically want it to look like and give them a few pics of the kit (on other cars etc..) then you take the donor car and they make measurements and such, in a few weeks thell make a prototype and then call in the donor car, then they fit the protype to the donor car and make some adjustments, after that they make the mold and produce the 10 kits, however since it is a bumper replacement any company will tell you NO KIT FITS PERFECTLY
so figure spending another $500 on having installed if you want it to look right, get ten people then email me and ill get you the contacts, but Im not going to waiste their time unless its going to happen.
Old 06-02-2002, 05:04 PM

**** i live in iowa so count me out on the donar car ill pay up to 300 unpainted
Old 06-03-2002, 12:58 AM

**** i live in iowa so count me out on the donar car ill pay up to 300 unpainted
Hey guys... Sorry I gave up on this a while back, BUT...

If you all are still interested I still believe I have Kenny Lau's info in Hong Kong. All I have to do is ship my bumper overseas and be front Bumperless, and look all ghetto for a few weeks and then it is a go!

I am still talking no BS, and would love to get this going especially for the front if nothing else as in the midst of doing my e36 BMW headlight conversion to the Parabolic Freeform ZKW headlights I had to cut the bumper and need to replace it anyways.

Let me know if you are legitimately interested and if I truely can get enough people I will move forward with this again as Kenny has been waiting for a photoshopped pic for a month now but I have been swamped and kinda unfortuantely had given up due to what I thought to be lack of interest and due to thinking I was going to sell my car and actually passed up on a 1990 RX7 GTU 5-speed to keep my max and finish the custom Garrett T300 turbo setup with a front mount intercooler.

If you have any questions contact me at either TheEdgeProductions@yahoo.com or call me at (859) 224-9551 anytime which is my home phone number.

I am just sorry that N34JZ's group buy fell through also but hey, maybe we all can get at least the front lip done, in the meantime everyone be brainstorming as to what you would like for the rest of the kit.

I am thinking along the lines of a BMW E36 style side skirt and as for the rear bumper I am still clueless and trying to figure out something. Leaning toward the rear valence front either the 95+ 240sx or 90+ 300zx veilside kits.

Let me know!

Sincerely,
The Edge Productions
Jared Seymour
3449 Lannette Lane
Lexington, Kentucky 40503
USA
home phone: (859) 224-9551
Website (still working on them): Http://geocities.com/TheEdgeProductions
Http://forums.delphiforums.com/190EVOII/start.html
Old 06-03-2002, 01:01 AM

oh also sorry for my sig pic working all half-A$$ed... thanks to Geocities.com interface for that one!

Jared
Old 06-03-2002, 05:33 AM
Large Member

I still think a BMW e34 5 series body kit would be the best. 3rd gen's already look similar to the e34 5 series, so a related body kit would really help to complete the Bimmer look.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by EdgeProductions
I am still talking no BS, and would love to get this going especially for the front if nothing else as in the midst of doing my e36 BMW headlight conversion to the Parabolic Freeform ZKW headlights I had to cut the bumper and need to replace it anyways.

Man, whats really wrong with you? You started this thread. Some people are in fact interested, you ruined n34jz's deal and you have people waiting to find out if your dead or alive. How can you expect people to go into a deal with a person like you who shows an absolute lack of responsibility and never follows up? You keep comming back and saying "yes yes guys the deals still on, if your interested let me know"..man cut the bullsh*t and get something done if your actually doing to do it if not don'g get peoples hopes up and don't ruin other people's deals. You started this thread since April 23rd, now it's June 3rd, would you STFU already!?
Old 06-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

he didnt ruin it

but he some people wanted that kit that gtr rider photoshoped and I said it was to drastic and we wouldnt get ten orders so then whats his name started this thread and some people liked the idea better or something I guess, but just to let you know the kit would be easier to produce here in the US. then send a bumper to china and then send 11 back.
Old 06-04-2002, 08:55 PM

ok so now that your back, ill try and ditch the other thread... so whats goin on now???
Old 06-05-2002, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by Shadow1198
I still think a BMW e34 5 series body kit would be the best. 3rd gen's already look similar to the e34 5 series, so a related body kit would really help to complete the Bimmer look.
Yes the Zeemax wide body kit would be phat but it also costs an assload and the problem is that I think it would look wrong on our cars as we already are trying to aspire too much to be BMWs with our headlight swaps, so I don't want anymore bimmers making fun of me.

Jared
Old 06-05-2002, 10:14 AM

per what I stated in the other thread which lets ditch now...

I will contact Kenny Lau who is the bodykit maker out of Hong Kong via email this evening and send him the photoshopped pic of the max with Gtr r34 front bumper on it and see what he says, mind you all this might take a few days to get a response as he is in Hong Kong half way around the world. I will also be contacting several other companies again and see if they are interested in doing this, however I know for a fact I will definately need around 10+ people to go in on this deal with me as I simply do not have the money right now to go out and spend several grand on 10 front bumper assemblies or for that matter complete kits.

I will keep you all up to date on this as well as I can!

Thanks for all the input and for the time it took to photoshop that pic!

Jared
Old 06-09-2002, 11:09 AM

AHHHHH!!!!! jared is MIA again!!!

Quick Reply: **NEW** Custom Body kit no BS! Look inside for more information