3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

**NEW** Custom Body kit no BS! Look inside for more information

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 12:53 PM

**NEW** Custom Body kit no BS! Look inside for more information

As we all know for a long time the owners of 3rd gen maximas have been made to have to stick with lame front lips and rear valences, not full bumper replacements. This is by no way to undermind or outdo N34JZ's group deal he is doing on so far what seems to be a retrofitted slightly modified r34 Skline GTR kit, but I have made contact with one if not the largest custom body kit maker that I have seen so far in my many years of import, & euro car modifcation.

Below are the first few communications between us, and I will be calling Kenny tomorrow on my day off to get specifics. Now all I need to keep the cost down at around what all their other kits are (approximately $499 and up for the full kit) is to have only a few people who are serious and want a new style, be it a custom r34 retrofit, aggressor kit, blitz kit, invader, or whatever else. this is a big opportunity for us as well as myself as I would be becoming only their 3rd dealer in the states period.

Read below to find out more where we stand now, IM me at DJThrilla2 on AIM, email me at DJThrilla2@aol.com or call me at (859) 224-9551 (many appologies if you don't easily get me but I work 3rd shift presently).

Thanks!
Jared E. Seymour
3449 Lannette Lane
Lexington, KY 40503
home phone: (859) 224-9551
AIM: DJThrilla2
Email: DJThrilla2@aol.com

Kenny,

I will get working on my end and see how many people we can get to come in on a kit, and I will get you photoshopped pictures of what we want it to look like. I also am curious if you can do the kit in urathane, if not the multi-layer fibergalss will be fine. Let me know soon and I will let you know what kit we have decided on as so far people are leaning towards a Skyline r34 GTR kit. Thanks for your fast response!

Please if I could, can you give me a phone number to reach you at to discuss the better in full?

Thanks
Jared E. Seymour
3449 Lannette Lane
Lexington, KY 40503
home phone: (859) 224-9551

Hi,

Yes, we can do it. But since our factory is in China and not in US. I think
we need to have your kit ship to China. In this case it is not so practical.

We are eager to support you to be our dealer if you open your performance
business. We currently have two dealers in US and is willing to expand. Pls
tell me more of you plan (such as when to open the shop, the quantity you
can purchase each month) to me and then I will send our catalogs to you.

Thanks
Kenny

----- Original Message -----
Wrom: YLEJGDGVCJVTLBXFGGME
To: <ebodykit@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 3:44 PM
Subject: Needing to have a custom body kit made for a 89-94 Nissan Maxima
(interested?)

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I saw a few of your auctions on Ebay and was wondering if you would be
> willing to do a custom body kit with full bumper replacements, and side
> skirts. I live in Lexington, KY but if you are on the west coast I am
sure I
> can get someone to donate their car to the cause. Please get back to me
ASAP
> as I am contacting several people about this and whoever gets back to me
> first with an interest will get the bid!
>
> Also I am in the process of opening up a performance shop here in the area
> either in Louisville, KY or the greater Cincinnatti area so I could sell
> these kits as well as others locally, not to mention I am on various car
> enthusiast forums for 300zx, 240sx, maxima, altima, Nismo.org, etc.
>
> Thanks!
> Jared E. Seymour
> 3449 Lannette Lane
> Lexington, KY 40503
> home phone: (859) 224-9551
Old 04-23-2002, 01:04 PM

So my next question is which kit do you personally prefer?

1) Skyline r34 GTR full kit

2) Aggressor style

3) Blitz style

4) 240sx, or 300zx Shogun stlye

5) 240sx, or 300zx Veilside style

6) 2k+ Accord Black Widow stlye

7) some other type?
Old 04-23-2002, 01:14 PM

Skyline style
Old 04-23-2002, 01:20 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

just to let you know

this guy isnt going to ship you one to 2 kits a month from japan, your probably going to have a minmum purchase order a month and a large buy in price, all things you will encounter while trying to open a shop, Please email me, If this deal works out better then by all means Ill go along with this one, how ever find out the time frame for this, and what shipping is going to be from japan, Ive delt with trying to get accounts from international companies and its alot of work, and you need to have the demand for it.
Old 04-23-2002, 01:28 PM

Re: just to let you know

Originally posted by N34JZ
this guy isnt going to ship you one to 2 kits a month from japan, your probably going to have a minmum purchase order a month and a large buy in price, all things you will encounter while trying to open a shop, Please email me, If this deal works out better then by all means Ill go along with this one, how ever find out the time frame for this, and what shipping is going to be from japan, Ive delt with trying to get accounts from international companies and its alot of work, and you need to have the demand for it.
Very true, and I realize this, but if I have to pay 1k for the kit I want then so be it, it beats paying 1k for a kaminari, or something like that that in my humble opinion sucks!

I will defiantely keep you up to date on this deal and the 2 other companies I am working with, and it is China where the manufacturing plant is, I am not trying to be a **** either. Maybe we can work togehter on this one I hope. Please keep me updated on your group deal kit buy also!

Who knows maybe we can get two different new kits for production!

Jared
Old 04-23-2002, 01:47 PM

r34 kit would be tight
Old 04-23-2002, 02:43 PM

Well so far looks like the r34 GTR kit, but I may go with a Blitz or invader front bumper personally as I need a big space for an intercooler. I have a t60-1 that will need a big boy intercooler front mounted.

Jared
Old 04-23-2002, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by SkyMax
Skyline style
holy **** skymax!! when did you get your max all modded out and turbo'd!! i thought you got rid of it? i want pics. how come you didnt make it out to the pa max meet?
Old 04-23-2002, 09:48 PM

I'm in

Hey i'm definately for this. Just get me some photoshoped pics, i'd go for the skyline r34 kit or maybe the blitz kit. email me at thedjmayhem@hotmail.com and how long till we would send the money?
Old 04-23-2002, 11:37 PM

Re: I'm in

Originally posted by djmayhem
Hey i'm definately for this. Just get me some photoshoped pics, i'd go for the skyline r34 kit or maybe the blitz kit. email me at thedjmayhem@hotmail.com and how long till we would send the money?
I just heard back from another place also, one where I would not have to send the bumpers to china, but here in the states if we couldn't get a donor car perhaps. I will find out more from this other company tomorrow, as well as from Kenny the first manufacturer I was talking to. I am trying to get it made with urethane, and if not at least 4 layers of fiberglass.

I will keep you all up to date on this!

Jared
Old 04-24-2002, 05:09 AM

Update!!

Just heard back from my contact Kenny Lau in Hong Kong and they could definately do the r34 kit no problem just one of us has to send the front and rear bumpers over, and what I suggest is once I get a final cost for the kit we factor in the bumpers & shipping cost and split it fair and square. It would look like the actual r34 skyline kit. I should know something from Kenny latest of tomorrow minding he is in Hong Kong and I can't call right now internationally.

The kit would be made of a multi-layer fiberglass as they cannot use urethane presently!

Is anyone interested in proceeding with this contact, or shoudl I wait on the other contact here in the states?

Jared
Old 04-24-2002, 12:19 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Update!!

Originally posted by ICONOCLAST
just one of us has to send the front and rear bumpers over
Good lord!!!!!!!!!!!! ship bumpers to Hong Kong...I had a hard enough time shipping a 2lb BB gun from Hong Kong, shipping Bumpers will kick your ***!!!

if I were you I wait for an opportunity in the states!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Large Member

DA-MAX, you talking about airsoft guns by any chance? If so, you should email me since I must have had 40+ sent to me from HK! Just wondered. Has anyone ever considered BMW body kits? I mean the BMW e34 5-series is a lot closer to a 3rd gen then an R34. Plus, I don't like all the wild big mouth bumpers and stuff. I'm going for the clean sports sedan look; showy but classy, and not too wild.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Shadow1198
DA-MAX, you talking about airsoft guns by any chance? If so, you should email me since I must have had 40+ sent to me from HK!
cool, yeah it was a Maruzen Walther P99 LE(with the laser sight bridge mount and red dot sight...its my first one but I went all out! I'll email 'ya!
Old 04-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Large Member

cool. its fred.brown@amd.com. I have LOTS of experience ordering from HK + I have a friend there so I can help out.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:21 PM

Skyline Style, STOCK skyline style, please no RICEY! invader/aggressor kits, that would be horrible
Old 04-24-2002, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by Dummy
Skyline Style, STOCK skyline style, please no RICEY! invader/aggressor kits, that would be horrible
im with that. id definitly be in if it is gonna look like stock skyline front bumper! i second no ricey ****!
Old 04-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Large Member

yeah, stock r34 style would be cool. Though, I am more partial to the r32 and r33's. I started thinking about this though and I don't know if an r34 body kit would look right on 3rd gens. I was thinking more along the lines of an r32, since they are smaller. I don't know dimensions or anything but that was just my personal opinion.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:30 PM

Sounds good

Ya, I think that the r32 looks ok, but I dont like it as much as the r33 or r34 i'll go for the r34 if thats what we get but would be ok with the r33 too. But it does have to be FACTORY, who wants all that honda look alike stuff on their cars, we are trying to be diffrent here arent we? can you get me some more infor on the body kit? ie, total cost, when the $$ is needed, what style, photoshopped pics
Old 04-25-2002, 05:00 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Sounds good

Ya, I think that the r32 looks ok, but I dont like it as much as the r33 or r34 i'll go for the r34 if thats what we get but would be ok with the r33 too. But it does have to be FACTORY, who wants all that honda look alike stuff on their cars, we are trying to be diffrent here arent we? can you get me some more infor on the body kit? ie, total cost, when the $$ is needed, what style, photoshopped pics

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...hreadid=112536

some pics of the kit Im working on, getting
Old 04-25-2002, 07:26 AM

i want a veilside looking kit it would be awsome
Old 04-26-2002, 02:23 PM

Re: Sounds good

Sorry I have been sick so it has been slow going, but as for pics take a look at the other thread that n34jz has been running for pics of a r34 gtr kit, I am now thinking more along the lines of an r32 kit also as someone else fore-mentioned as the r32 body was closer to that of the j30 chasis we all have in our gen 3 Maximas.

My apologies for the slow response and I will be trying to call Kenny Lau, and also the other manufacturer I was talking to over the weekend.

I will let you all know soon and have some Pshopped pics, and some of my car by tomorrow provided I can force myself to get outside before it gets dark today.

Jared
Old 04-26-2002, 06:25 PM

R-33
n/m
Old 05-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Wow...back from the dead....so what ever happened to this?? I guess Iconoclast isn't doing it anymore since he's sellnig his car, but what about N34JZ???
Old 05-29-2002, 08:47 PM

i would deff be interested in the kit just send pics.... and is ther any one who added a turbo to their third gen max??? if so... please tell
Old 05-29-2002, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by pmb1985
i would deff be interested in the kit just send pics.... and is ther any one who added a turbo to their third gen max??? if so... please tell
Yes you can use the greddy kit for the Prelude, But you need two since we have two Exaust Manifolds. All you have to do is plug the extra pipe on each manifold You might be able to find just the extra manifold, but I could not and had to buy two kits. It is ok though because this way I have plenty of spare parts incase anything breaks.
If you have any questions you can just click here TURBO MAXIMA FAQS
Old 05-29-2002, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by thebull

holy **** skymax!! when did you get your max all modded out and turbo'd!! i thought you got rid of it? i want pics. how come you didnt make it out to the pa max meet?
dang get off da jock
Old 05-29-2002, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by PATRICK94SE

Yes you can use the greddy kit for the Prelude, But you need two since we have two Exaust Manifolds. All you have to do is plug the extra pipe on each manifold You might be able to find just the extra manifold, but I could not and had to buy two kits. It is ok though because this way I have plenty of spare parts incase anything breaks.
If you have any questions you can just click here TURBO MAXIMA FAQS
where could i get the kit, and do you have any pics and times with your turbo???
Old 05-29-2002, 10:35 PM

where could i get the kit, and do you have any pics and times with your turbo???
Well the problem is I spent all that money on the turbo set up I have none left for a digital camera or gas to get to the track.................J/K Honestly It is not the most difficult thing in the world but, not realy considered a bolt on deal. Or even a Weekend project for that matter

A. No Kits are currently made for us and chances are will not.

B. There are few Turbo 3rd gens on this board. This make them unique and they would like to stay that way. Most people respect that.

C. Turbo discussions on this board are like SUPER STREET 99% of it is Garbage but if you take your time and filter all the **** out you can get a good general idea of what is good and every once in a while you can learn something

D. If you got the $$$$ You can turbo almost any car.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:20 AM

Go to this website www.jimwolftechnology.com and Call their # and ask about a Maxima Turbo application. Be prepared to spend atleast $5000
Old 05-30-2002, 12:20 AM

Here goes

I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed for this, but I quickly photoshoped an R34 bumper onto skatanic28's sig pick just to see what it would look like. I know, the colors don't even match but I think I would really like something like this, with the extended grill integrated into the bumper and the really low front spoiler.

Boy I hope this image posts alright.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\architecture\My Documents\Quang Truong\maxima[/IMG]
Old 05-30-2002, 12:22 AM

Re: Here goes

Originally posted by QMax
I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed for this, but I quickly photoshoped an R34 bumper onto skatanic28's sig pick just to see what it would look like. I know, the colors don't even match but I think I would really like something like this, with the extended grill integrated into the bumper and the really low front spoiler.

[IM G]C:\Documents and Settings\architecture\My Documents\Quang Truong\maxima[/IM G]
You can't link an image from your hard drive. You need to have it uploaded on a server on the internet.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:24 AM

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\architecture\My Documents\Quang Truong\maxima[/IMG]
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\architecture\My Documents\Quang Truong\maxima1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-30-2002, 12:27 AM

Re: Re: Here goes

You can't link an image from your hard drive. You need to have it uploaded on a server on the internet.
Damn. I'm an idiot. It shows up on my computer but when i switch it no longer works, and i can't upload the image to a server because I don't know where I could. Shoot, I wish you guys could see this.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Here goes

Damn. I'm an idiot. It shows up on my computer but when i switch it no longer works, and i can't upload the image to a server because I don't know where I could. Shoot, I wish you guys could see this.
E-mail the picture to me.. SkyMaxSE@aol.com
I will post it for you.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:30 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here goes

E-mail the picture to me.. SkyMaxSE@aol.com
I will post it for you.
I just emailed you the picture.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:42 AM

Here is the pic..
Old 05-30-2002, 01:04 AM

Re: Re: Here goes

Here is the pic..
It looks good, but won't it be too low in the fron for those of us with the a 1.8"-2.0" drop?
Old 05-30-2002, 01:34 AM

now THAT look bada$$!, i love the way the grill goes with the max... perfect kit! nice photoshop too!
Old 05-30-2002, 05:13 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

If anyone wants to have a single kit fit

I had a 91 CRX kit that I sold and the front and rears were extremeley close fit to my max, so if you were going to pay the money to have 1 custom kit made and found someone who would do it, Id suggest that as a possible donor, it was the kombat front and type m rear, I was gonna take pics but I couldnt find any batteries,
the pics of the kits are on my site

www.xrrcd.com/bodykits.html

Quick Reply: **NEW** Custom Body kit no BS! Look inside for more information