3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help newbie please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 11:36 AM

Help newbie please.

my car's springs/struts/shocks or whatever applies to my 94 maxima are way too soft. they need to be replaced. where's the best place to buy what i need? What is it that i need? my car has 95k miles on it. i want a comfortable ride but i want to be able to take fast turns/corners and feel little g-force. i dont really want my car lowered much. if so, then very little lowerage.

anyone?
Old 05-05-2002, 12:09 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Re: Help newbie please.

Originally posted by BasketBaller
my car's springs/struts/shocks or whatever applies to my 94 maxima are way too soft. they need to be replaced. where's the best place to buy what i need? What is it that i need? my car has 95k miles on it. i want a comfortable ride but i want to be able to take fast turns/corners and feel little g-force. i dont really want my car lowered much. if so, then very little lowerage.

anyone?
If you dont want your car lowered that much and you want to be able to corner hard and all that, then you'll want to go with Eibach Springs and Tokico Struts. Do some online searching and you'll find someone to sell them...
Old 05-05-2002, 02:42 PM

ok. im not trying to mod my car so i can race people or have top of the line suspension.

in other words, i dont want to spend a lot of money. how much do stock springs/struts cost? i figured that off the internet i can buy some springs/struts that are better than stock but cost about the same, is this true?
Old 05-05-2002, 06:31 PM

About the shacks/struts

I dont know about the price range, however, if you want to feel some g's and have better turning/cornering, you don't want to go with factory ****. Eibach and Tokico IS the way to go. If you go with the stock setup it would be about the same, just a little bit more firm. So basically, it would suck.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:09 AM

my stock stuff is up for sale as of next week some time because i'm going for the eibach/tokico combo... i have the handling bug and there's only one way to cure it
Old 05-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You can't really get away from both lowering and getting better handling springs - they seem to go together. It sounds like you need Eibachs since they lower the least. Alternatively, if you want to firm up the cornering you could also get a rear sway bar (RSB) or a front/rear sway bar set. Warpspeed (WSP) sells subframe connectors too.

Use the SEARCH function to help you find out more about these.