3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

A few questions about my 92 SE

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 11:29 AM
stuntmanken

A few questions about my 92 SE

OK heres my story:
I had a 91SE Anniversary ED. Some blonde in her sport utility was kind enough to ruin that dream. So I found a 92SE with a few more factory ops for real cheap (thanks to the US government for transferring that guy to greenland). Interior and body are in great condition except for a couple things, just like my 91.
1. The leather on the shifter **** is worn through. Where can i get a new one without paying dealer prices.
2. The ends of my spoiler are coming off the trunk, how can i fix this?
3. How can i rig after market speakers in the doors where the bose was?

I'd appreciate any suggestions!!

Thanks,
Ken

Old 05-13-2002, 11:50 AM

Re: A few questions about my 92 SE

Originally posted by stuntmanken
OK heres my story:
I had a 91SE Anniversary ED. Some blonde in her sport utility was kind enough to ruin that dream. So I found a 92SE with a few more factory ops for real cheap (thanks to the US government for transferring that guy to greenland). Interior and body are in great condition except for a couple things, just like my 91.
1. The leather on the shifter **** is worn through. Where can i get a new one without paying dealer prices.
2. The ends of my spoiler are coming off the trunk, how can i fix this?
3. How can i rig after market speakers in the doors where the bose was?

I'd appreciate any suggestions!!

Thanks,
Ken

answers to quiz:
1. look for a junkyard. or check ebay for aftermarket ones. or go to pep-boys. or search maxima.org forums.
2. use your brain (or some super glue and duct tape.) or check ebay. or search maxima.org forums.
3. search maxima.org forums...ok that might be a lil hard to find. well what i did was i took out the old bose speaker, but kept the case, and moulded it to fit a new aftermarket speaker perfectly.

lophix