3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

the @$$ hole replies

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 10:05 PM
v6 3000

the @$$ hole replies

somehow i dont think that people looking for a little help or ppl with questions about their ride, or how to improve their ride, should be answered the way i just was. keep in mind Matt that there is always someone below AND ABOVE the level that you're on (or the level your ride is on ) there will always be someone slower and there will ALWAYS be someone faster! and it may be the person you think you're showing up by write rude@$$ replies to...
lets try to incourage and help other max owners with their cars and questions, not try to make them look stupid for trying to find out new stuff ..... especially when they have the funds and resources to do something as sick as the swap i was asking about
oh, you might wanna work on the body of your car... i might suggest a 2"drop, 17's, euro clear corners, .20 tint job, dressed up engine billet grille, aluminum wing, and new air dam, if this sounds good i'll let you peep my 3rd gen.

Old 05-19-2002, 10:14 PM

I like Matt's car
Old 05-19-2002, 10:21 PM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Matts car with an aluminium wing. Can't see it happening somehow.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:28 PM
STFU n00b!

Okay.. sure.. Let's start over with ALL the facts..

1. Here's the original thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=119102
Note the post date on this was 5-10-2002.

2. Here's the email I received TONIGHT about it:
[quote]
Subject: Reported post from Maxima.org Forums
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 23:40:28 -0500
To: matt.blehm@maxima.org

v6 3000 ( mailto:badforskrilla@yahoo.com ) has reported this post:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....74#post1072174

This is part of this thread:
SR20 Engine in Maxima
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=119102

This is the reason that the user gave:
this guy is being extremly rude for no apparent reason answering my thread

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

{/quote]

My reply to you:
Uhhh, I was not being rude there. If you'd like me to be rude, I can
get nasty. I was simply telling you to do a little research before you
post a question like that. There are many recent posts on this
subject. If you would take a few minutes to look for them yourself, it
would save everyone else much more time in trying to create a response.
and why waste everyone else's time asking to answer the same question
that someone else asked yesterday?

That's the whole point in these forums- collective learning. If you
don't want to participate, you don't have to. But please respect the
other users in the matter of expecting answers to be simply handed to
you. There are many out there, but you have to do a little work on your
own. It's like going to the library. When you are looking for a book
on a certain subject, do you walk up to the counter and ask for it, or
do you go to the card catalog and look up where to find it yourself,
then pick up the book and read it. Same thing here. The search index
is a very comprehensive "card catalog", and all you have to do is punch
in "SR20" and click submit, and you will be handed a wealth of
information.

It's as simple as that. Please do a little work next time instead of
expecting the answer to be handed to you on a silver platter.

And now for the PM message just a few minutes after that:
v6 3000: was all of that message for me?
if so ,who is being a crybaby? my message wasn't a whine, and if you're the kind of person who is going to be a ***** to everyone for
asking a simple question, just cause you think your car is the $h!t, i'll bet no one wants your
@$$ on this forum.

Ummmmm, I don't think you have much of a chance here, kiddo. I don't get paid to kiss your a$$ and hand you answers to questions that have already been answered by someone else.
Please simply use the search function and you will find the answer to your question. It's as simple as that. If you can't do that, then get used to that response to your questions and stop complaining, or leave. It's your choice.
Old 05-19-2002, 10:33 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by lp
Matts car with an aluminium wing. Can't see it happening somehow.
or the 2" drop and billet grille and air dam..

oh but wait.. I already have a 1.5" drop for handling, and my grille and air dam look just fine Since I want to keep the look close to stock.
And I guess it doesn't matter than I also already have 20% tint and clear corners which aren't in that picture, taken 2 days after I bought the car.
woooaaahhh.. Spiffy. I've been one-upped by someone with more funds and resources than me.

Guess that hairdryer under the hood doesn't mean a damn thing, eh?
Old 05-19-2002, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE

or the 2" drop and billet grille and air dam..

oh but wait.. I already have a 1.5" drop for handling, and my grille and air dam look just fine Since I want to keep the look close to stock.
And I guess it doesn't matter than I also already have 20% tint and clear corners which aren't in that picture, taken 2 days after I bought the car.
woooaaahhh.. Spiffy. I've been one-upped by someone with more funds and resources than me.

what brand is your hairdryer? i used conair and it broke on me once. dont ever use conair it sucks
Old 05-19-2002, 10:52 PM

and as for v6 3000 boy:
v6 3000 was all of that message for me?
you're the kind of person who is going to be a ***** to everyone for
asking a simplequestion, just cause you think your car is the $h!t, i'll bet no one wants your
@$$ on this forum.
I dont think a sr20 swap is a simple question
Old 05-19-2002, 10:54 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by mykizism
what brand is your hairdryer? i used conair and it broke on me once. dont ever use conair it sucks
It had a little metal plate on it that said Garrett, but I took it off because that's my step-sister's name and I don't like her.
I put another one on top of where it was that said "Max Volume"
Old 05-19-2002, 10:54 PM

dude, i sorta feel ya on some stuff, but i think u kinda went the wrong way about this. I posted a poll about the .org on pa-max and everyone pretty much thought the same. it came out that the .org is a good source of info if you feel like searching, HOWEVER, the people that have been here a long time (not all) are very hard on new members. They even scare some away. that kinda bums me out ya know. anyway, good luck with your blowdryer matt. Personally i use 2
Old 05-19-2002, 11:01 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by flyry110
dude, i sorta feel ya on some stuff, but i think u kinda went the wrong way about this. I posted a poll about the .org on pa-max and everyone pretty much thought the same. it came out that the .org is a good source of info if you feel like searching, HOWEVER, the people that have been here a long time (not all) are very hard on new members. They even scare some away. that kinda bums me out ya know. anyway, good luck with your blowdryer matt. Personally i use 2
yeah.. I know.. but it really pi$$es me off, when I spent 30 seconds to click on the search link at the top of the page and came up with about 40 posts about SR20 swaps..

Oh well. I guess there's always people that think they should be handed everything on a silver platter.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:04 PM

mmmmmmmmm deli platter. . . . rool:
Old 05-19-2002, 11:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mykizism

And if they'll fly Nicholas Cage and John Malkovich around, they'll fly ANYBODY around....
Old 05-19-2002, 11:35 PM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You should know mods don't exist until after its in your sig.

I apologize for leaving out the Billet grille.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Man, you guys are mean

Don't you know every one just wants to have everything handed to them with no work on their part.................

<sets up a tissues box for all new people with hurt feelings>

<wipes tear>

DL
Old 05-20-2002, 05:41 AM
STFU n00b!

Re: Man, you guys are mean

Originally posted by dlicari
Don't you know every one just wants to have everything handed to them with no work on their part.................

<sets up a tissues box for all new people with hurt feelings>

<wipes tear>

DL
Yeah I know, but that's why they made me the a$$hole moderator. <pours vinegar in the tissue box>
Old 05-20-2002, 06:00 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by flyry110
I prefer to think of it this way:

If this site was built with members that behave like 2 year olds wanting mommy to hand them everything without any pain or inconvenience, how much "useful info" would be on this site. That's right, NONE.

I have ZERO use for members who come here and want to leech publicly and ask questions as if they are the only ones in the history of humankind to come up with the idea of engine swaps in any gen Maxima. Such people will do nothing to help this site grow with information.

I've researched several other sites (TL forums, V70 forums, vwvortex forums) without making a single post and have taken a wealth of information from them. There's no need to waste a post or make a bad impression to other members without taking the time to do an ounce of research first. There are too many members here who take that approach and attitude and we end up wasting another thread discussing it.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:02 AM

It had a little metal plate on it that said Garrett, but I took it off because that's my step-sister's name and I don't like her.
I put another one on top of where it was that said "Max Volume"
How about Max Power (MAXPWR)...heh .. oh.. nevermind
Old 05-20-2002, 06:55 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

can't help the ones that can't help themselves.

has anyone thrown in a RB30DETT in the maxima? it is a easy swap? can someone send me pictures on how it's done. a detailed write up would be great. also can u wipe my **** when i use the bathroom later. oh and don't forget the grey poupon on my ham sandwich later on. and..umm where can i get a high powered RB30DETT?
Old 05-20-2002, 07:36 AM

Re: the @$$ hole replies

Originally posted by v6 3000
somehow i dont think that people looking for a little help or ppl with questions about their ride, or how to improve their ride, should be answered the way i just was. keep in mind Matt that there is always someone below AND ABOVE the level that you're on (or the level your ride is on ) there will always be someone slower and there will ALWAYS be someone faster! and it may be the person you think you're showing up by write rude@$$ replies to...
lets try to incourage and help other max owners with their cars and questions, not try to make them look stupid for trying to find out new stuff ..... especially when they have the funds and resources to do something as sick as the swap i was asking about
oh, you might wanna work on the body of your car... i might suggest a 2"drop, 17's, euro clear corners, .20 tint job, dressed up engine billet grille, aluminum wing, and new air dam, if this sounds good i'll let you peep my 3rd gen.
If I were you I would just go ahead and delete your first post on this thread. That will make the whole thing disappear and that way when someone DOES search on SR20DE they won't come up with this useless crap. BTW: if you want a 4door with an SR20DE you should buy a G20 or Sentra. SR20DE in a Maxima would be far from sick, it would be silly.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:39 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Well...

I posted a flame on this issue last week, and the post got deleted. SO this time, I'll try to keep it civil.

A new person has no idea how many times a question has been asked, and should not be blasted for it. Simply, tell them your thoughts, tell them to search(which is all that Matt did), or shut the f*** up and let the thread pass.

All the sarcastic a$$**** remarks are no more useful to the database than the repeated questions.

I am here to give and receive advice. I come here everyday, not because I need something, but because I would like to help others in the same fashion that I have been helped.

Call me crazy, but I use to think (before I came here) the whole idea of a website dedicated to the performance/upkeep/modification, of a 8-13 year old family sedan was quite obscure. So to me, any question asked by a new person who is unfamiliar with the wealth of information on this site, should be treated with patience, and not smited by the wrath of the self-appointed Maximagods that roam here.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:49 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Well...

Originally posted by blackandwhite
I posted a flame on this issue last week, and the post got deleted. SO this time, I'll try to keep it civil.

A new person has no idea how many times a question has been asked, and should not be blasted for it. Simply, tell them your thoughts, tell them to search(which is all that Matt did), or shut the f*** up and let the thread pass.

All the sarcastic a$$**** remarks are no more useful to the database than the repeated questions.

I am here to give and receive advice. I come here everyday, not because I need something, but because I would like to help others in the same fashion that I have been helped.

Call me crazy, but I use to think (before I came here) the whole idea of a website dedicated to the performance/upkeep/modification, of a 8-13 year old family sedan was quite obscure. So to me, any question asked by a new person who is unfamiliar with the wealth of information on this site, should be treated with patience, and not smited by the wrath of the self-appointed Maximagods that roam here.
matt did treat the new member w/ patience. the new guy felt that since matt didn't give him the book on a SR20 engine..that he felt like he was mistreated. then he likes to make it a point that he was mistreated by generating another garbage post like this to reinforce the fact that he felt mistreated.

asking nicely a new guy to do a quick search is not rude. do a little research...you'll find a lot more than you think. if in fact a search came up with nothing then fine...ask the question in more "detail" and look for replies....not how do i swap in a twin tubro.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:57 AM

Re: Re: Well...

Before this gets locked..

Can any of you guys tell me where I can purchase a turbo kit for my maxima? I would prefer to turbocharge rather than supercharging, but if a supercharger is available, then perhaps i can use both.

By the way, what's a supercharger?
Old 05-20-2002, 08:06 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Well...

Originally posted by DanNY

matt did treat the new member w/ patience. the new guy felt that since matt didn't give him the book on a SR20 engine..that he felt like he was mistreated. then he likes to make it a point that he was mistreated by generating another garbage post like this to reinforce the fact that he felt mistreated.

asking nicely a new guy to do a quick search is not rude. do a little research...you'll find a lot more than you think. if in fact a search came up with nothing then fine...ask the question in more "detail" and look for replies....not how do i swap in a twin tubro.
Well, actually I said that Matt did the right thing here, but too often people don't do that and they just act like @$$H****
Old 05-20-2002, 08:08 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Well...

Originally posted by blackandwhite

Well, actually I said that Matt did the right thing here, but too often people don't do that and they just act like @$$H****
damn if u do...damn if u don't.
can't win.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:32 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well...

damn if u do...damn if u don't.
can't win.
In a way though you can't be mad at the newbies all the time.

Just as how there's a sticky to purchase org stickers and to post quarter mile times, there should always be a sticky "Attention New members". In that sticky, explain to them to search for their answers because it's probably been discussed already.

I can see how people get offended when they first come with a problem, they don't know they're supposed to search, they ask a question "What's the pcv" and people laugh and tell them to search (including me).

Petition for a newbie sticky. All in favor say "Aye".
Old 05-20-2002, 08:41 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well...

Originally posted by Sudesh

In a way though you can't be mad at the newbies all the time.

Just as how there's a sticky to purchase org stickers and to post quarter mile times, there should always be a sticky "Attention New members". In that sticky, explain to them to search for their answers because it's probably been discussed already.

I can see how people get offended when they first come with a problem, they don't know they're supposed to search, they ask a question "What's the pcv" and people laugh and tell them to search (including me).

Petition for a newbie sticky. All in favor say "Aye".
We tried the newbie sticky already. It was taken down due to its ineffectiveness. See DanNY's last post above for further clarification.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: the @$$ hole replies

Originally posted by v6 3000
and it may be the person you think you're showing up by write rude@$$ replies to...
I don't get it, if I read the thread correctly all Matt told you to do was use the search......whats the deal, if you had listened you would have found this thread.......

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hlight=sr20det

ah well......I guess everyone's a crybaby now a days

v6 3000, next time just make this the subject of your thread:

"I wan't all information shovled to me because I'm a lazy ***** and get and attiude when someone gives me a valid suggestion" I think you'll get a better answe then...
Old 05-20-2002, 09:18 AM

Re: Re: the @$$ hole replies

Originally posted by DA-MAX

I don't get it, if I read the thread correctly all Matt told you to do was use the search......whats the deal, if you had listened you would have found this thread.......

"I wan't all information shovled to me because I'm a lazy ***** and get and attiude when someone gives me a valid suggestion" I think you'll get a better answe then...
...err, I mean...

Old 05-20-2002, 09:38 AM

Re: Re: the @$$ hole replies

Originally posted by DA-MAX

Matt may have an attitude sometimes but he is a really good guy who has helped me a countless number of times and if you listen to him you will learn something without a doubt. He tells it to ya straight, though...
Old 05-20-2002, 09:38 AM
I'm needing a caw

Give me a few minutes, I'll have that write up in a jiffy. I just have to rewrite a few paragraphs regarding the wiring harness interface so that you can still use the maxima guage set and still utilize the Nissan OEM Consult for diagnostics. Getting the readout to show English rather than the Japanese Kanji was the hard step.

has anyone thrown in a RB30DETT in the maxima? it is a easy swap? can someone send me pictures on how it's done. a detailed write up would be great. also can u wipe my **** when i use the bathroom later. oh and don't forget the grey poupon on my ham sandwich later on. and..umm where can i get a high powered RB30DETT?
Old 05-20-2002, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Give me a few minutes, I'll have that write up in a jiffy. I just have to rewrite a few paragraphs regarding the wiring harness interface so that you can still use the maxima guage set and still utilize the Nissan OEM Consult for diagnostics. Getting the readout to show English rather than the Japanese Kanji was the hard step.

That is not constructive.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:53 AM

Ifn you'se the type to get yer knickers all twisted up cosn you'se a poosie, then do what I did and lay up in the cut and learn.

And use the soich function. Don go cryn to daddy. Soich soich soich!
Old 05-20-2002, 10:26 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by FrankBattle
Ifn you'se the type to get yer knickers all twisted up cosn you'se a poosie, then do what I did and lay up in the cut and learn.

And use the soich function. Don go cryn to daddy. Soich soich soich!
ROFLMAO!!
There's our newbie sticky!
Old 05-20-2002, 10:35 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Next post make sure it's complete with lack of punctuation and full of huge grammatical/spelling errors, then maybe we'll take you seriously.