3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Turbos Setup for VE

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Dummy

yes'm...thats me. you signed up? whats your s/n?

and maybe it was just that day....i think he was drinkin a bit heh.

Yeah i'm on it's ive just never posted, same name as on here, i'll post eventually i just don't see much reason to, it's a fun board but it can be pretty useless, just about anyone who post needs theie own fire extinguisher for the ensuing flames
Old 05-22-2002, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by ObsidianIce69

Yeah i'm on it's ive just never posted, same name as on here, i'll post eventually i just don't see much reason to, it's a fun board but it can be pretty useless, just about anyone who post needs theie own fire extinguisher for the ensuing flames
yeah, lots of flames heh... but you can keep the flames to a minimum as long as you dont post a "HEY IM NEW HERE, LOOK AT ME!" thread, heh.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:37 PM

yes the i6 was offered in the sc300's, clint swapped out the na for the 2jzgte made about 750hp to the wheels before he pulled the motor and started building it...

i dont really care for the guy, met em a few times...hes an austin guy... didnt like his attitude.

heres are some other pics...

http://home.austin.rr.com/turbolexus/pics/

http://home.austin.rr.com/turbolexus/pics/97conversion/
I don't know about you guys but some of those videos seem to be fishy. I mean when the SC300 TT or the Supra TT races a car from the start (lets say the mustang video), first gear they really race and halfway through second gear the losing car(mustang) seems like he lets off the gas and starts braking while the SC300 TT or the Supra TT keep going (making it seem like they are beating the losing car by 20+ car lengths). Also, if you notice the "normal" traffic goes about the same speed as the losing car. If the losing car was actually racing the whole time, then the normal traffic wouldn't be catching up to the losing car. Anyone else notice this besides me? Take a real close look at all those SC300TT & Supra TT videos and watch the "normal" traffic's speed compared to the losing car's speed. You might be suprised.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:47 PM

That sounds about right Nevin. I don't know how much power it takes to open 20 cars against a Mustang in that short a time, but those cars don't have that much.

Old 05-22-2002, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by Lordrandall
That sounds about right Nevin. I don't know how much power it takes to open 20 cars against a Mustang in that short a time, but those cars don't have that much.

uhh...in those vids at their current states the supra had over 850hp and the sc300tt over 750... what are you talking about they dont have that much power. they dont call the supra the busa killer for nothing.

and you have to keep in mind that both of these vehicles have HUGE turbos which = LOTS of lag so i would assume that if the cars did not let off then there was some spoolage going on, or they hit that "special" button, i think you know which one i am talking about.

check out this video, notice how the supra falls behind quickly, and then towards the end passes them both without any of them letting off.... http://www.walserrz.com/movies/syclo...-vs-walser.mpg
Old 05-22-2002, 08:38 PM

uhh...in those vids at their current states the supra had over 850hp and the sc300tt over 750... what are you talking about they dont have that much power. they dont call the supra the busa killer for nothing.

and you have to keep in mind that both of these vehicles have HUGE turbos which = LOTS of lag so i would assume that if the cars did not let off then there was some spoolage going on, or they hit that "special" button, i think you know which one i am talking about.
That still doesn't explain why the normal traffic cars are catching up to the losing car.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:11 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by SkyMax

That still doesn't explain why the normal traffic cars are catching up to the losing car.
probably because he dropped back into traffic just in case the cops decided to chase them down.

I've been racing with those guys and all those vids are real. they're some crazy ***** on the highway.. I was doing 125-130 through traffic trying to keep up with the supra guys. 10+ supras and RX7s, Loren's 96SC max and mine... Loren kept dropping back because of his speed limiter, but he knew where we were going.. I wasn't familiar with the area, so I just had to keep hauling *** and stay with them until we got where we were going.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:36 PM

reason being the cars behind them werent normal traffic cars, they went up there with them...when we go up there we go in packs and usually have people in back, and sometimes in front.... and the people in the back sometimes like to keep up if they can to get the best view of the race. im guessing some spectating were faster than the ones racing.

ahh yes, the infamous upperdeck of hwy 183, gotta love it.

edit: matt, when you were up participating was this in austin or in tolsa?
Old 05-22-2002, 10:42 PM
STFU n00b!

This was in Dallas at the 635 & Macarthur stuff. I usually hang out with the supra guys when I go down there.
Old 05-22-2002, 11:48 PM

ok back to the subject... check out some of these sites to get some ideas...also try some books on some info...

and yes these sites are for hondas but you get the idea on what to do for the charge piping etc.. also check out nigels 4th gen setup.. www.pfispeed.com www.homemadeturbo.com www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html

wouldnt recommend trying this unless you know what you are doing, and no offense but i doubt you do.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:25 AM

ok back to the subject... check out some of these sites to get some ideas...also try some books on some info...

and yes these sites are for hondas but you get the idea on what to do for the charge piping etc.. also check out nigels 4th gen setup.. www.pfispeed.com www.homemadeturbo.com www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html

wouldnt recommend trying this unless you know what you are doing, and no offense but i doubt you do.
All this talk of Turboing. Get a turbo put a pipe to intak and have the other end have a pipe to the manufolds. Bamm you have a simple turbo. Damm Its late I am going to bed
Old 05-23-2002, 05:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

reason being the cars behind them werent normal traffic cars, they went up there with them...when we go up there we go in packs and usually have people in back, and sometimes in front.... and the people in the back sometimes like to keep up if they can to get the best view of the race. im guessing some spectating were faster than the ones racing.

ahh yes, the infamous upperdeck of hwy 183, gotta love it.

edit: matt, when you were up participating was this in austin or in tolsa?

Hey Dummy, edit that post about the location, no need to tell everyone where certain activites sometime occur....
Old 05-23-2002, 09:32 AM

Hmm.. lets see. Maybe the reason the Walser's Supra killed the Hayabusa(and most recently a GSX R whatever) is because of.. hmm.. aerodynamics? Bikes hit a brick wall at around 140-150. I dunno if you've ever been on such an open cockpitted vehicle(motorcycle, snowmobile, etc) but at around 140 well, you don't accelerate as fast. The Supra having much better aerodynamics just pulls away easily. Any high powered car would do that on a bike, Supra or not. No doubt Walser's car is fast(especially now that he upgraded the compressor housings to 2835R's) but lets not think its the be all and end all of cars. Yeah, yeah. Flame away at how Supra's are the god of the automotive world.. LOL