3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Both back windows don't work...Where the *uck do i look??? Help me out people...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 10:53 PM

Both back windows don't work...Where the *uck do i look??? Help me out people...

Yea so what do you guys think is the problem...and where do i look...is this a common problem or what? Also does anyone else's dashboard clock need a flick once in awhile to keep from dimming? Mine does...
Old 05-30-2002, 10:59 PM
pjalst

Re: Both back windows don't work...Where the *uck do i look??? Help me out people...

Originally posted by veejayes
Yea so what do you guys think is the problem...and where do i look...is this a common problem or what? Also does anyone else's dashboard clock need a flick once in awhile to keep from dimming? Mine does...
I'd start by checking for a fuse

Old 05-30-2002, 11:00 PM

Re: Re: Both back windows don't work...Where the *uck do i look??? Help me out people...

Originally posted by pjalst

I'd start by checking for a fuse

Checked all the fuses already!...could it be a motor?
Old 05-30-2002, 11:05 PM
pjalst

Re: Re: Re: Both back windows don't work...Where the *uck do i look??? Help me out people...

Originally posted by veejayes

Checked all the fuses already!...could it be a motor?
I would think that they have separate motors, both motors going at the same time would be some bad luck. Maybe somthing wrong in the switch area?

Old 05-30-2002, 11:12 PM

Okay, first off, do they not work like you press the button and don't hear anything, or they don't work like you press the button and hear the moor some, but they don't move. If it's #1, then it probably is a fuse, if it's #2, I'm safe in saying that your regulator cable inside the door has probably snapped ( the latter happened to me one night while my window was all the way up, and the sound made me think somebody threw a rock at my window).

As for the clock, that's simple. The 3'rd gens have this problem with their clocks where, after a long time (10-12 years usually does the trick ) the electrical connections on the back of the clock fail, causing it to fade and even go off completely for a while (The case with my clock that pops up to say hi about once a month). The solution is to resodder the connections on the back of the clock. If you're interested, you can go to Craig's site, it's filled with all sorts of helpful info on mods and what not, including info on how to do the resolder.

This is the link
Old 05-31-2002, 06:28 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

err..what fuse?
if there is a fuse for the back windows and it's burnt...do you think the front windows will still work??? c'mon people!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 06:39 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

The window problem is a common one on the 3rd gens...if you dont hear anything it might be the switches. I thought I had 2 regulators bad but it turned out I only had one that was bad and someone had already replaced the other one with a new style regulator, and all I needed was a switch. Do a search because this is very common and you should find a ton of stuff on it, but its either switches or regulators.

just as a side note--try rolling the window down with the back switch (one on the door thats not working) my drivers controll switches have quit working for the back but I can still roll the windows down with their own controll.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by DanNY
err..what fuse?
if there is a fuse for the back windows and it's burnt...do you think the front windows will still work??? c'mon people!!!
Stole my thought

Did you try closing the window using the switch on the back door? It could also be just a problem with your window switches up front like a loose connection of something broken. For two to go out at once is kinda strange. If all else fails it doesn't take long to open up the door panels and actually look at the window motor...bout ten minutes to open, look, put back together. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:49 AM

uh, window lock? anyone think of this one?!

unpush the button, and try again..
Old 05-31-2002, 10:09 AM

3rd gen maximas are all prone to this problem.

duh!!! regulators people!!!!!

lophix
Old 06-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Donating member? what the?!

Word of advice tho...

If you do determine that is is the regulators, after switching them out (which you can do by yourself if you go to )Craig B's website ) you should grease and lubricate them every so often they show signs that it has problmes rolling up or down.

There is a thread somewhere about lubing the regulator tracks.

Craig B's website explains stuff about the digi-clock problem.

Good luck my friend!