3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

A trans brake even though I know it would tear the trans apart. I had so much fun with my nova when I had it. I had a 4500 stall and trans-brake (had the button for it wired to a mallory "stutter box")in a 2 speed "powerglide" and man launches were fun with slicks.

I guess it would break the Maxima trans. the first time you let off the button but it would be fun. Oh well I can dream cant I.

Sorry if its a little off topic and might get locked but was just looking at some pics of my old Chevy 2 and got to thinking how much fun it was to hit that button and floor the car and have it "stutter" at 4.2k. ahh the memories...I really miss that car

again sorry for being a little ot.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

Originally posted by awsm66
floor the car and have it "stutter" at 4.2k. ahh the memories...I really miss that car
damn 4200 stall converter!!! was it your daily driver??? must have been a serious car...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

Originally posted by DA-MAX

damn 4200 stall converter!!! was it your daily driver??? must have been a serious car...
Nope no daily driver but I did drive it on the street a pretty good bit...well just on the weekends . It was pretty fast. I had a 400 small block and with stock double hump heads and a cam that had 3 lobs wore bad it ran a 12.5. I took the heads off put Dart Sportsmans on and a big ultradyne roller cam in it but never got to get a time out of it but sold the motor and trans to a friend that put it in a full interior 69 Camaro and he is still running it and it runs a consistent 11.3 it has been 4 years now and its starting to smoke pretty bad but it got a lot of life out of a stock bottom end 400 (dish pistons and everything)

I have pictures of it on my web page here is a pic of the car at a friends house.

and here is a pic of the motor.

take a look.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

Nope no daily driver but I did drive it on the street a pretty good bit...well just on the weekends . It was pretty fast. I had a 400 small block and with stock double hump heads and a cam that had 3 lobs wore bad it ran a 12.5. I took the heads off put Dart Sportsmans on and a big ultradyne roller cam in it but never got to get a time out of it but sold the motor and trans to a friend that put it in a full interior 69 Camaro and he is still running it and it runs a consistent 11.3 it has been 4 years now and its starting to smoke pretty bad but it got a lot of life out of a stock bottom end 400 (dish pistons and everything)

I have pictures of it on my web page here is a pic of the car at a friends house.

and here is a pic of the motor.

take a look.
and it was actually a 4500 converter and it would stall that on the box but I had it set to 4200 on the box so I could flash it alittle.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

NICE!!! ummmmmm....lovin that Chevelle!!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 09:30 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by DA-MAX
NICE!!! ummmmmm....lovin that Chevelle!!!!
That is the one car I will never get rid of...its going through a restoration but I havent done anything to it in a couple of years because I am waiting until my little girl gets a little older to help me out. I want her to respect it and have a part of her in it when I let her drive it so she will take care of it like I did.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:42 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

she should be honored to drive an awesome piece of machinery like that even better yet to work on it....should be nice when its all done!!!

That is the one car I will never get rid of...its going through a restoration but I havent done anything to it in a couple of years because I am waiting until my little girl gets a little older to help me out. I want her to respect it and have a part of her in it when I let her drive it so she will take care of it like I did.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:24 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

A trans brake even though I know it would tear the trans apart. I had so much fun with my nova when I had it. I had a 4500 stall and trans-brake (had the button for it wired to a mallory "stutter box")in a 2 speed "powerglide" and man launches were fun with slicks.

I guess it would break the Maxima trans. the first time you let off the button but it would be fun. Oh well I can dream cant I.

Sorry if its a little off topic and might get locked but was just looking at some pics of my old Chevy 2 and got to thinking how much fun it was to hit that button and floor the car and have it "stutter" at 4.2k. ahh the memories...I really miss that car

again sorry for being a little ot.
stop it! you keep making me look at your webpage and i keep drooling over the 66 chevelle
Old 06-13-2002, 05:31 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

Originally posted by Chris91SE

stop it! you keep making me look at your webpage and i keep drooling over the 66 chevelle

Thats all part of my evil plan to convert you to a classic iron owner.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:40 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: Re: Know what I wish they made for a ve auto.

Thats all part of my evil plan to convert you to a classic iron owner.
heh...you don't need to worry about that. i've been a classic/antique fan all my life. i'll have to take pics of my good friends garage. I'm helping him tear down and rebuild a 56 chevy right now. his garage includes a 55, 2 57's, a 61 station wagon, 65 T-bird, tons of caddy parts (big nut), 58 olds and about 5 different vettes. Once i get my own place with a garage i'll get to work
Old 06-13-2002, 07:12 AM

Since we are dreaming here, I wish that they would make bug whistles. They would be similiar to deer whistles, but they would get bugs out of your way. It is tiresome peeling the dead bodies off the front of the car after driving at night. Then again maybe this wouldn;t work since bugs can't get out of the way of a car doing 130+
Old 06-13-2002, 07:44 AM

i hate muscle cars this is a foreign car forum leave that **** off it
and i got one word for u guys supra!
Old 06-13-2002, 09:28 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by kingrye
Please show other members some respect. Just because you think imports are the only thing worth talking about doesn't mean you can force your opinion on everyone else. Granted, it should probably be in the OT forum, but so should anything about a Supra or any other non-maxima oriented post.

Please show a little more self control next time you want to flame other members because their horizon is broader than only Japan.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:00 AM

Hatred is not accepted here. Please keep those comments to yourself.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:15 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Well, let's just HOPE that kingrye was only playing around with comments like that...

I like some American Iron as much as the next person (in particular, the 3.8l turbo-charged Buick Grand National I used to own... ).
Old 06-13-2002, 10:23 AM

turbo Buicks are cool..especially the T-types. Sleeper city! As for the american iron haters, I bet I can put together most any model American V-8 (dare I say Mustang?) for a mere fraction of what it would cost to even purchase a bone stock Supra TT. Ok now that tha't out of my system...
Old 06-13-2002, 10:29 AM

A little off topic

One more thing, there is this house about 2 miles from me that has a 300zx Aniversary Eddition Turbo (1984) AND a Buick GN sitting in the driveway..don't think either have moved since I first saww them about 6 months ago! Keys Please?
Old 06-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: A little off topic

Originally posted by male
One more thing, there is this house about 2 miles from me that has a 300zx Aniversary Eddition Turbo (1984) AND a Buick GN sitting in the driveway..don't think either have moved since I first saww them about 6 months ago! Keys Please?
God I hate when I see that.....theres a guy down the street from me with a ~91 Galant VR4, all rusted up and what not....man it sucks when people don't know what they've got!!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 11:32 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

umm ok.

It really started off not to be ot because it would be cool to have a trans brake for a ve because with say a 3k converter (could be done with a big enough cooler) you could get out of the slugish start of the ve auto and be able to run closer to the 5 speeds. I just got a little carried away with talking about my old cars.

and as far as the supra goes-I just have to say I love all cars that are fast and look good (foreigh or domestic)and I was in no way compairing my cars to any others. I was just stating how much fun it is to have a trans brake.
Old 06-13-2002, 12:52 PM
STFU n00b!

umm ok.

It really started off not to be ot because it would be cool to have a trans brake for a ve because with say a 3k converter (could be done with a big enough cooler) you could get out of the slugish start of the ve auto and be able to run closer to the 5 speeds. I just got a little carried away with talking about my old cars.

and as far as the supra goes-I just have to say I love all cars that are fast and look good (foreigh or domestic)and I was in no way compairing my cars to any others. I was just stating how much fun it is to have a trans brake.
unfortunately, some of the pinheads around here don't understand that kind of thing and think that Maximas are God's gift to the dragstrip.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE

unfortunately, some of the pinheads around here don't understand that kind of thing and think that Maximas are God's gift to the dragstrip.
If that were the case we would all be running 13's and not *itching that our cars are slow!!
Old 06-13-2002, 02:38 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

same boat here....many members i talk to know my love for supras and the like but that doesn't mean i don't go nuts over pure American muscle...

back to the topic i guess...