3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I'm New

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 10:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm New

Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum. I am going to pick up my new used 1994 Maxima today so I was looking around for a little info. It is gold and it has 136,000 miles on it. I am currently trying to find out if the dealer has changed the timing belt, but other than THAT my mechanic's first glance shows a car in good condition.

Welp, that's all for now.

Home sweet home
Old 06-17-2002, 10:32 AM

Re: I'm New

let me be the first to welcome you to the org. most of the common questions you will have as well as difficult ones can be answered by using the "SEARCH" function up in the top right corner or by reading the FAQ's located in the main 3rd gen forum.

Originally posted by Gold Maxi
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum. I am going to pick up my new used 1994 Maxima today so I was looking around for a little info. It is gold and it has 136,000 miles on it. I am currently trying to find out if the dealer has changed the timing belt, but other than THAT my mechanic's first glance shows a car in good condition.

Welp, that's all for now.

Home sweet home
Old 06-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: I'm New

Thanks! Cool, I just looked over some of the search info... I don't want anyone to yell at me for asking something stupid...

I think I got this, for now at least...
Old 06-17-2002, 12:23 PM

Enjoy the ride
Old 06-17-2002, 12:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Okay, I drove the maxima to get insured at lunch time. She vibrates when I get up to 65 mph. What does that mean? Should that be fixed before I get the car?

Help, please
Old 06-17-2002, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by Gold Maxi
Okay, I drove the maxima to get insured at lunch time. She vibrates when I get up to 65 mph. What does that mean? Should that be fixed before I get the car?

Help, please
Likely just wheel balance 99% of the time this is the prob.. Have the suspension shaken down for worn Ball joints, tie rods etc.

Welcome.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by male

Likely just wheel balance 99% of the time this is the prob.. Have the suspension shaken down for worn Ball joints, tie rods etc.

Welcome.

Thanks! Good lookin out for the newbie!