3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Climate Control (the second dun dun dun)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 09:00 PM

Climate Control (the second dun dun dun)

Yo just thought I'd post about this again sense it is annoying the bejeesas outta me. As you all know from my continued gripe-ing (smiles) I just went through an ordeal resulting in a maxima for me!!!! Yay. No this aint a bad thing just an annoying one - but the Automatic Climate Control Lcd/Led/Display/thing for my '94 max gxe is looking as if it were about to die.

In the middle is the birghtest point (however this is not very bright at all compared to the clock or cd/radio/cassette's lcd/led/display/thingy which are above and below it) and the two outer sides are so faint you can't see them unless your eyeball is about 3mm away and its in the dead of night - without your headlamps on - - - trying to paint a nice picture here for ya because I am aweful in the entire range of vehicular jargon.

I was wondering if there were any ways to fix it (make it brighter in general and have an even distribution of brightness on the unit itself) perhaps bad connections or something else. If ayll could help me on this youd be helping me alot because im confused! Lol. And i promise this IS THE LAST SEMI-GRIPE SESSION ILL DO ON THIS FORUM (unless the car breaks down - then ill go off) its just that im out a lot of money and i get cranky when i have no money because that means no social event beside tennis - but i need to buy tennis ***** so .... Hahahaha.

Alright on a serious note if you all could help in the slightest i would be extreamly grateful. Thanks much.

Kane
Old 06-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Climate Control (the second dun dun dun)

Originally posted by KaneTHS
Yo just thought I'd post about this again sense it is annoying the bejeesas outta me. As you all know from my continued gripe-ing (smiles) I just went through an ordeal resulting in a maxima for me!!!! Yay. No this aint a bad thing just an annoying one - but the Automatic Climate Control Lcd/Led/Display/thing for my '94 max gxe is looking as if it were about to die.

In the middle is the birghtest point (however this is not very bright at all compared to the clock or cd/radio/cassette's lcd/led/display/thingy which are above and below it) and the two outer sides are so faint you can't see them unless your eyeball is about 3mm away and its in the dead of night - without your headlamps on - - - trying to paint a nice picture here for ya because I am aweful in the entire range of vehicular jargon.

I was wondering if there were any ways to fix it (make it brighter in general and have an even distribution of brightness on the unit itself) perhaps bad connections or something else. If ayll could help me on this youd be helping me alot because im confused! Lol. And i promise this IS THE LAST SEMI-GRIPE SESSION ILL DO ON THIS FORUM (unless the car breaks down - then ill go off) its just that im out a lot of money and i get cranky when i have no money because that means no social event beside tennis - but i need to buy tennis ***** so .... Hahahaha.

Alright on a serious note if you all could help in the slightest i would be extreamly grateful. Thanks much.

Kane
didn't you already have a thread on this I responded to? If it wasnt you then here you go---Do a search (sorry not gonna do it for you ) and you will find how some have fixed this problem by soldering or replacing a cap or resistor or something(cant remember exactly but did read it)