3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

alignment on lowered cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 07:37 AM

alignment on lowered cars

I need major help I have a 93 SE on 18's lowered with the Eibach pro and KYB set up. Its droppped about 1'5. I have been to four places to get it aligned and I have been told that the car is to low to be aligned. I live in Queens and every other car seems to be lowered and it is hard to beleive everyone is spending major dollars replacing thier tires because of uneven wear every 4 to 5 months. Any one have any clues as to what is going on. The places I have been have the Hunter machine if that matters. One place was tellling me I have to go to an alignment shop with a pit.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:01 AM

Re: alignment on lowered cars

Originally posted by Strrrive
I need major help I have a 93 SE on 18's lowered with the Eibach pro and KYB set up. Its droppped about 1'5. I have been to four places to get it aligned and I have been told that the car is to low to be aligned. I live in Queens and every other car seems to be lowered and it is hard to beleive everyone is spending major dollars replacing thier tires because of uneven wear every 4 to 5 months. Any one have any clues as to what is going on. The places I have been have the Hunter machine if that matters. One place was tellling me I have to go to an alignment shop with a pit.
I just dropped mine 2" with Sprints - and I see no alignment issues and its been a week now. I didnt use any cam bolts, although I did buy them...

Ask some of the lowered cars you see out there where they go for alignments
Old 06-28-2002, 02:35 PM

mine is dropped on sprints too....went to goodyear and they lifted the car and aligned it (supposidly)....but after that, they told me i voided my lifetime alignment and what not...i'm goin to go and try to see if i can get it aligned again....anyhoo, try pputtin ya stock wheels back on if you can and then go see if they'll align it....i know performance shops will align dropped cars...might be a lil more, but try to find one in queens....i know there should be one somewhere in NY!!
Old 06-28-2002, 03:58 PM

Re: alignment on lowered cars

Originally posted by Strrrive
eibach = 1.2" - generally you need no alignment bolts, alignment shops should not be able to even tell your car is lowered with the eibachs.

sprints = 1.8" - you won't notice your uneven wear in a few weeks, when you notice it you're screwed...pick up the front and rear bolts/links...spend the extra $150 now, or pay big money later
Old 06-29-2002, 08:02 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

With our cars

Most alignment shop will only set the toe "and let it go" due to our cars only having front and rear toe adjustment from the factory. Unless you have some kind of camber adjustment part. For those who are having uneven tire wear, a specific tire rotation will help the tires wear evenly. I'm not talking about the commonly used front to rear rotation, but a rotation that's more specific. As if one tire was wearing on the inside while another wearing on the outside you would swap those tires and visa versa, while trying to keep the tires rotating in the same direction. It sounds complicated but it's easy to keep the tires rotating in the same direction if you're using directional tires and follow the arrow indication. Even if you have to dis-mount the tire, flip it around and re-mount just follow the arrow indication and you'll be ok. Dis-mounting and re-mounting then followed with balancing might be expensive but in the long run it probably will pay for itself by saving your tires longer. Now if I totally confused you or you have no idea what I'm talking about, just keep a eye on your tires and rotate when needed.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:57 AM

do they have any NTB's in the area? they usually do alignments for lowered vehicles.