3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Well I own 3 maximas now

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Well I own 3 maximas now

I took a trip this weekend down to FL to get a car and take a little mini vacation. I went to my sisters house and stayed with then in Dothan AL friday night then went down to Panama City beach and took my wife and daughter to play on the beach for a while then went to the guys house picked up the maxima and went back to my sisters house and stayed saturday night too.

Anyway the max I got was for parts and I got more than just the car. The guy I got the car from used the motor and transmission to put in his car and he had a ve 5Speed that the sprocket broke on and messed up head. He gave me the car, 5speed vlsd (I looked on his vin and it was RS5F5OV) all the stuff to convert my car except the master cylinder, and the variable intake off of his ve all for $200.

The parts car has a perfect hood and quarter panel which I need on mine. I guess the only parts messed up are the front fenders and bumper cover the rest of the body is in great shape its a shame I have to cut it up.

Total cost wasnt bad.

Uhaul dolly=$85
Car,intake and 5speed=$200
room=$0---gotta love family in the area.
gas=$0---company car
meals for us and little beach souvenirs for my daughter=$40

So all in all it was a fun and productive trip.

Click here to go to pics
Old 06-30-2002, 06:23 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Even though you have been here a short while

I have nothing but totall respect for you as a car fanatic, husband and family man. Having your own family at times will leave you with 0 time to play with our hobbies. 1000's of men/woman in the past, present and future has car hobbies and still enjoy quality time with their family so I'm not saying it's not possible. When you have young kids (for me a 2yrd old, and one due in Oct) they grow up so fast and always want to play, I can't resist but to play. I have a girl now and another one on the way. Currently my baby girl has me wrap around he tiny fingers and I love every minute of it. Two days ago my wife and I closed on our first home purchase and my head as yet to come out the clouds. One thing I regret is waiting so long to own a property. I was debating rather to post my thoughts but I said, why not. Again all respect is due, and keep moding for us husbands and daddy's
Old 06-30-2002, 06:41 PM

Very nice, I can't wait to see pics of the tranny swap. I would love to have another Maxima for $200, that's a great deal. Does the variable intake add significant HP? Now you need a sig with all 3.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:45 PM

good stuff. Yeah you do need a new sig pic with all three cars. Good luck in fixing them up.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:33 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Even though you have been here a short while

Originally posted by CandiMan
I have nothing but totall respect for you as a car fanatic, husband and family man. Having your own family at times will leave you with 0 time to play with our hobbies. 1000's of men/woman in the past, present and future has car hobbies and still enjoy quality time with their family so I'm not saying it's not possible. When you have young kids (for me a 2yrd old, and one due in Oct) they grow up so fast and always want to play, I can't resist but to play. I have a girl now and another one on the way. Currently my baby girl has me wrap around he tiny fingers and I love every minute of it. Two days ago my wife and I closed on our first home purchase and my head as yet to come out the clouds. One thing I regret is waiting so long to own a property. I was debating rather to post my thoughts but I said, why not. Again all respect is due, and keep moding for us husbands and daddy's

CandiMan,
I know what you mean thats a major reason I am not finished with my car because family comes first...luckally though my job isnt very demanding and sometimes I have some days off during the week that I can spend on the car. My little girl(4) has me wrapped too. I also have another one on the way due in sep-oct.

davis4005
I dont know if the variable intake makes that much hp difference or not but I know that it has to be more than just trans that makes the 5Sp. so much faster than the autos...I will be putting it on though while I still have the auto and see what will happen.

I am not sure if I am going to do the swap or not. I probably will since I like standards but I dont race the car so I dont really need it. well I guess I do because even though I dont race it I always like more power.

I probably wont put the car in my sig because it is just going to get cut up for parts for my 93 but I may take a good back shot of it and see what I can work up.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:57 PM

How soon are you doing the swap if you decide to do it? I cant seem to find a VE 5spd for sale in decent condition and it looks like I'm gonna have to go with my original plan of just swapping.

Maybe you'll get around to it before me and be the "ginuea pig".
Old 06-30-2002, 07:58 PM

I shouldve look deeper into my state
Old 06-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey man, let me get the wheels and spoiler! BTW, this is Wes
Old 06-30-2002, 09:50 PM

if it is not a GXE, i want the rear disk brakes, if i may... let me know.. thanx

Chris
Old 06-30-2002, 10:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you guys have some lucky kids, hehehee, let them have maximas to drive trust me, i think you know anyway but theyll love it especally if you have them do the work, i think that will give them a high respect for the car.
MrGone
Old 07-01-2002, 12:11 AM

Hey - I LIVE ON PANAMA CITY BEACH!!!!!!! Just though you should know that, buster!
Old 07-01-2002, 07:03 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by James12345
How soon are you doing the swap if you decide to do it? I cant seem to find a VE 5spd for sale in decent condition and it looks like I'm gonna have to go with my original plan of just swapping.

Maybe you'll get around to it before me and be the "ginuea pig".
James,
I am not sure I will not be doing it any time soon probably within a couple months though if I do it at all.

Maxima92,
There yours man just come by and get them.

Magik93Maxima,
did you look at the car...does it look like a gxe j/k but I am not selling the rear disks off of it because I am putting them on my 90...the best thing to do there is look at a junk yard for that. If there are no junk yards around you that have rear disks email me and I will check with the junk yard here and see what they want for the ones off the se they have.

rbloedow,
I wish I would have known that because I could have stayed there instead of driving back to dothan that night j/k I wish I would have had more time to spend there and I could have met but we didnt stay but for a few hours. I have an uncle that owns a beach house in Destin that he always lets relatives use but someone was already using it this weekend. I usually come down there once or twice a year so I may catch you next year...I cant this year(well on a long vacation anyway) because my wife will not be able to travle in a month or 2-because we dont want to have the baby somewhere else
Old 07-01-2002, 11:30 AM

Re: Well I own 3 maximas now

Originally posted by awsm66
I took a trip this weekend down to FL to get a car and take a little mini vacation. I went to my sisters house and stayed with then in Dothan AL friday night then went down to Panama City beach and took my wife and daughter to play on the beach for a while then went to the guys house picked up the maxima and went back to my sisters house and stayed saturday night too.

Anyway the max I got was for parts and I got more than just the car. The guy I got the car from used the motor and transmission to put in his car and he had a ve 5Speed that the sprocket broke on and messed up head. He gave me the car, 5speed vlsd (I looked on his vin and it was RS5F5OV) all the stuff to convert my car except the master cylinder, and the variable intake off of his ve all for $200.

The parts car has a perfect hood and quarter panel which I need on mine. I guess the only parts messed up are the front fenders and bumper cover the rest of the body is in great shape its a shame I have to cut it up.

Total cost wasnt bad.

Uhaul dolly=$85
Car,intake and 5speed=$200
room=$0---gotta love family in the area.
gas=$0---company car
meals for us and little beach souvenirs for my daughter=$40

So all in all it was a fun and productive trip.

Click here to go to pics
just a question, you said how the sprocket broke. do you or anyone else know if that happens often to most of our cars. and how long b4 u should replace or check it. becuase mine broke and is in the shop right now. valves went through my cylinders
Old 07-01-2002, 11:44 AM

Congratulations Michael! Sounds like you have alot of work ahead, but also alot of fun!

You me and Mike are going to be parents (again for you and Mike) around the same time. My son is due in Late August.

Thanks again for that brake booster hose! I'll have pics of my Ecotek install up as soon as I get the pics back.

Old 07-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Well I own 3 maximas now

Originally posted by killermax3

just a question, you said how the sprocket broke. do you or anyone else know if that happens often to most of our cars. and how long b4 u should replace or check it. becuase mine broke and is in the shop right now. valves went through my cylinders
I really dont know I assumed it was the vtc sprocket that broke on his car but not sure.