3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Skyline Tail as promised

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000, 06:45 PM

Here you go my peeps, these pics were taking at night, so they are not that clear, and you cant see the awesome work that was done, ill take some more pics during the day later on. But for now here you go, Skyline tails and custome grill.
Old 12-07-2000, 06:50 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

that's also painted sticker...or painted rings around a stock 3rd gen light. i can still see the reflector in the middle of the two circles. nice try buddy.
the post should be skyline "LOOKING" lights.
Dan

Originally posted by Maximum5spd
Here you go my peeps, these pics were taking at night, so they are not that clear, and you cant see the awesome work that was done, ill take some more pics during the day later on. But for now here you go, Skyline tails and custome grill.
Old 12-07-2000, 07:06 PM
Tomo

look at the bumper... it has a weird indention

Old 12-07-2000, 07:36 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Doesn't look bad at all...

I saw people do that before, though

So what happened with your car? any luck finding it?

That **** got me scared to park in Brooklyn from now on.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:53 PM

oh man, whats with the dual coffee cans...? aww, well the tape over the lights doesnt look bad, but i think it adds to the rice appeal...hmm no offense meant though, just commenting.
Old 12-07-2000, 08:13 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

and here i thought i was gonna see a serious tail light conversion...oh well...tape on tails...i see that all the time anymore...
Old 12-07-2000, 08:27 PM

hey that is tight

hey i dont give a crap what the other peeps say, ricey or not. i think your car is sweet looking! i want to do something similiar to that concerning your tail and how you toke or covered over the nissan max words. so how did you do those lights and nissan max thing? if you can please go into detail cause i suck with tools and stuff. but anyways, your car is bad @$$...peace out
Old 12-08-2000, 12:09 AM

to all of you!!!!!!!!!

to get things straight, thats not no tape, or gts covers or tinted lights, thats fiber plastic paint that matches the car which was painted all around the back area. As far as the dent on the front bumper, well some lady who doesnt know how to drive backed into my front, and made a little dent, no biggy........
Old 12-08-2000, 05:12 AM

Uhh... ok. Looks like tape to me. You paid $600 for a paint job like that? Wow..
Old 12-08-2000, 06:51 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: to all of you!!!!!!!!!

anddd the subject of the post reads: "SKYLINE TAIL as promised"...that i believe refers to the skyline taillights installed on the tail end of a 3rd gen. is that what u have there?
can i put a GTR badge on my car and call it the Skyline??
fiber plastic paint?? the rest of the body shop world probably calls it a flex agent in the paint mix. what FIBER is exactly in the paint? fiber is sorta a rough material...if u put that on then it'll look like undercoating.
spray it on plastic and etc. basically whoever did it cut out 2 masking circles..(the driver side circles looks closer together than the pass side) put them on the lights...wet sand the rest of the lights w/ maybe 1000 grit sandpaper and then mixed the flex and the paint and shoot the paint on there...that's if you claim it's not stickers or whatever.
for the guy who would like to do it...you'll need to pull the "maxima" and the "nissan" decal in the center piece. wet sand the center assembly. mask off the body and the trunk hole and mix the paint and shoot it on the plastic.
so don't get all pissy on here when your trying to play your lights off as being the REAL SKYLINE lights on your car. we called u out.
i would say that it looks ok...not too bad..but don't tell people that they are skyline taillights because your only fooling yourself.
Dan

to get things straight, thats not no tape, or gts covers or tinted lights, thats fiber plastic paint that matches the car which was painted all around the back area. As far as the dent on the front bumper, well some lady who doesnt know how to drive backed into my front, and made a little dent, no biggy........
Old 12-08-2000, 10:34 AM

damnnnnn

you people are so rough,,, first of al you will never be able to fit the real skyline tails on a 3rd gen maxima, no matter how hard you try, because they way taller then our lights, so no one will ever do that, second i never said i have the nissan skyline tails, if you look bad at old threads, there was a thread about skyline tails, and people wanted to see if anyone had something similar, i told them i did but didnt have pics, they were bugginf about posting pics up, so i did, thats why i named them skyline tails. as for the two circles being in a diff place, that because of an angle that car is sitting, they are prefect inch for inch. And as the paint i never said i paid $600 for the paint job, i dont know where you got that. My brothers best friends owns a shop, so he did it to me for free. Its not just a spray paint going around two circles. you have too see close to know what im talking about. But in any case, i havent seen any maxima even close to mine, that has tail lights like me, but proove me wrong.
Old 12-08-2000, 10:38 AM

yeah i did kinda notice that the driver side "circles" are closer together.. then the ones on the passenger side.. is it just the pic.. or is like that in real life?

Old 12-08-2000, 10:51 AM
Tom

Wheels

BTW, what kind of wheels are those? My brother and I saw those wheels before on an early 90's Prelude and they looked tight. Looks nice on the Max also.

Old 12-08-2000, 11:57 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: damnnnnn

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maximum5spd
[I]you people are so rough,,, first of al you will never be able to fit the real skyline tails on a 3rd gen maxima, no matter how hard you try, because they way taller then our lights,....
>>>
some cutting and bondo work and the lights will fit..no one ever did it because it's too much work and too much $$. any good body shop can fit any tailights on any car..just space on the car and enough time is necessary. u never see Supra tails on a civic?? or a integra front on a civic??

so no one will ever do that, second i never said i have the nissan skyline tails, if you look bad at old threads, there was a thread about skyline tails, and people wanted to see if anyone had something similar, i told them i did but didnt have pics, they were bugginf about posting pics up, so i did, thats why i named them skyline tails.
>>>>
why not just say tailights...or refer them to look like a skyline. sorry i don't live on here...if u posted at the end of that thread people might realize that, but u created a new thread w/ Skyline Tails...what would u think if u saw that thread?

as for the two circles being in a diff place, that because of an angle that car is sitting, they are prefect inch for inch.
>>>
i figured that. just wanted to make sure.

And as the paint i never said i paid $600 for the paint job, i dont know where you got that. My brothers best friends owns a shop, so he did it to me for free.
>>>>
ok that wasn't me that said that.

Its not just a spray paint going around two circles. you have too see close to know what im talking about.
>>>>>
please explain what is it to the rest of the BBS world?? people are interested. did the shop use some special paint that no one else can get or something? if u had a shop do it how did u know they didn't use two circles and slap on some paint on them?

But in any case, i havent seen any maxima even close to mine, that has tail lights like me, but proove me wrong.
>>>>>
enh...not my style..i wouldn't do that...but whatever floats your boat.

Dan
Old 12-08-2000, 12:09 PM

Re: damnnnnn

Okay, I'm not going to flame anyone... I'm just going to say some facts/opinions..

<b>DanNY:</b> I looked really close at the space between the 2 circles and I see what you mean how the driver side appears to be closer together. Actually the camera or flash or whatever made the red color dilate on the driver side. If you look very closely you will see that there is body color paint (or vinyl or whatever he used) underneath part of the red. So both left and right side tail lights have the same amount of space between the 2 circles.

<b>Maximum5spd:</b> Don't ever post something that says no one will will ever fit real Skyline tails on a 3rd gen maxima. Because I know for a FACT that you are wrong. Do you realize that Skyline tail lights can be molded onto ANY car. Just go to some Import Car shows... you'll see tons of Honda's with custom molded tail lights (example: Civic with Supra tails, Integra with Prelude tails). It all depends if you have the $$$. A shop around my area usually charges $300 - $600 per side to custom mold tail lights. If modification of the trunk is needed then the price increases. Also, about R33 Skyline tails, they can be purchased for around $250 each and they are only lenses w/bulb harnesses. There is no outer panel unless you buy that seperate. So all you would need to do is buy R33 lenses, have a shop custom mold the lenses into a new housing (you will need to remove your entire stock tail light housing) and you now have Skyline tail lights. Sounds fairly simple but it takes much effort to complete and smooth out and it is also costly.

Also, you said how you never saw people with your type of Skyline looking tail lights before. Trust me... your not the only one who's done this. There are people out there with 3rd gens who have done the same thing as you.. either with Paint or with Vinyl.

you people are so rough,,, first of al you will never be able to fit the real skyline tails on a 3rd gen maxima, no matter how hard you try, because they way taller then our lights, so no one will ever do that, second i never said i have the nissan skyline tails, if you look bad at old threads, there was a thread about skyline tails, and people wanted to see if anyone had something similar, i told them i did but didnt have pics, they were bugginf about posting pics up, so i did, thats why i named them skyline tails. as for the two circles being in a diff place, that because of an angle that car is sitting, they are prefect inch for inch. And as the paint i never said i paid $600 for the paint job, i dont know where you got that. My brothers best friends owns a shop, so he did it to me for free. Its not just a spray paint going around two circles. you have too see close to know what im talking about. But in any case, i havent seen any maxima even close to mine, that has tail lights like me, but proove me wrong.
Old 12-08-2000, 12:17 PM
SeR

speaking of which

I saw a civic with bmw z3 head lights and 328i rear lights.....SO pathetic. it makes bmw look bad (yes i hate hondas)
Old 12-08-2000, 01:25 PM

i think that would be cool. I like the mbmw lights in 3rd gens too
Old 12-08-2000, 01:46 PM

just wondering, why didnt you shave the middle section. i think that would have had made them look much better and make it look more like the skylines.
Old 12-08-2000, 02:23 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

to add to skymax...

when i get home ill post the pics (over the weekend) i have pics of a 2000 beetle with a civic big mouth kit and supra tails!!...more proof about being able to do anything...btw...here a pics of REAL SKYLINE tails on a max...4th gen...

Old 12-08-2000, 02:59 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

OOOOOHHHHHH......

Skyline lights???? hmmmm..... also look like the one time Vette and Camaro lights too!! They're aiht', but not what I expected!! Well all that matters is that you like them!!!!

Old 12-08-2000, 04:15 PM

Re: to add to skymax...

where is the strip of clear lens that runs along the bottom of the tail lights?
Originally posted by Chris91SE
when i get home ill post the pics (over the weekend) i have pics of a 2000 beetle with a civic big mouth kit and supra tails!!...more proof about being able to do anything...btw...here a pics of REAL SKYLINE tails on a max...4th gen...

Old 12-08-2000, 07:28 PM

thats all good and all

but i just dont understand why would someone who has a 3rd gen maxima pay close to $1000 just to make it look like a skyline and still it wont look like the real deal, mine are close enough, and it would cost at most $100-$200, and those are fine by me, i mean just to spend $1000 on freakin tails. when our cars dont even have half of power of the skyline.
Old 12-08-2000, 07:34 PM

Re: thats all good and all

when our cars dont even have half of power of the skyline.
Uhh... yeah they do..
Old 12-08-2000, 09:35 PM

Re: Re: to add to skymax...

R34 Skyline tail lights don't have a clear lens that runs along the bottom. You are thinking of R33 Skyline tail lights.

Originally posted by thebull
where is the strip of clear lens that runs along the bottom of the tail lights?
Originally posted by Chris91SE

Old 12-08-2000, 09:42 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

but i just dont understand why would someone who has a 3rd gen maxima pay close to $1000 just to make it look like a skyline and still it wont look like the real deal, mine are close enough, and it would cost at most $100-$200, and those are fine by me, i mean just to spend $1000 on freakin tails. when our cars dont even have half of power of the skyline.
who said anything about power? this subject is skyline tails...just because someone has skyline tails doesn't mean they're car has the power of a skyline...were talking pure looks here...not performance...btw...the money spent you see here is a show quality car...thats why the money was spent that way...
Old 01-10-2001, 08:27 PM

why did you spend all that money on your car trying to make it look fast?
Old 01-10-2001, 09:50 PM

Re: Re: thats all good and all

lets all chill on the kid. I know we were all disappointed, but man, he did the best he could. do you happen to have any daytime pics of your tails? it looks like they're fuzzy at night. well at least to me. I'm just wonderin, i'd like to see what they look like at night.
Old 01-11-2001, 08:18 PM
Botnik

Everyone stop it with the skyline light conversion. It just makes the maxima look ugly especially on the 4th gen maxima cuz the rear is just ugly no matter how u try to modify it. How the heck can you make the rear of a 4th gen look even decent with its ugly chest like trunk. The lights on 5maxspd's max look alrite but........... they really don't match the car.