4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Spray Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 07:54 PM

Spray Paint

Hey guys,

I have my self a pair of APC Clear tail lights, and i want to spray them my self, with that red tail light spray paint... does anyone know were to get them... where are the best prices?

I aslo hurd that model paint works? is that tru? if so where can i get some of that , at a locol arts and craft store?

get back to me
thanks

-ChRi§
Old 07-15-2002, 07:57 PM

You can get the model paint from Walmart too. It's Testors brand and the color you want is "candy apple red". If you decide to get tailight spray you can get it at www.autodynamic.com
Old 07-15-2002, 08:01 PM

Originally posted by Ravq
You can get the model paint from Walmart too. It's Testors brand and the color you want is "candy apple red". If you decide to get tailight spray you can get it at www.autodynamic.com
Thanks for responding Ravq, i remember you from the maximadriver.com furoms, your cool in my book, u use to help me when i was a newbie

I know autodynamic sells them i was kinda hoping sombody els would too, becuase i dont wanna pay 30 bucks for a can like 4 inchs tall...how much is model paint? and 1 more question, is all model paint transparent or do i have to look for a transparent model paint?

-ChRi§
Old 07-15-2002, 08:04 PM

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

Thanks for responding Ravq, i remember you from the maximadriver.com furoms, your cool in my book, u use to help me when i was a newbie

I know autodynamic sells them i was kinda hoping sombody els would too, becuase i dont wanna pay 30 bucks for a can like 4 inchs tall...how much is model paint? and 1 more question, is all model paint transparent or do i have to look for a transparent model paint?

-ChRi§
I agree I wouldn't pay $30 for spray paint either. That's why I went with the model paint.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by Ravq

I agree I wouldn't pay $30 for spray paint either. That's why I went with the model paint.
How much was your Model paint? And like i ask , is all model paint transparent?

-ChRi§
Old 07-15-2002, 08:11 PM

How much was your Model paint? And like i ask , is all model paint transparent?

-ChRi§
Not all model paint is transparent. The testors runs I think $3-$4 a can(it's been awhile so can't really remember ). They are tiny cans but one will be enough for 5-6 coats on the outer lenses but be sure to buy some clearcoat to put on top of that. I used a ton of clear coat on mine to help protect it.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Spray Paint

Please do not just make such a vague title.

"Need some spray paint for my clear tails - what kind?" would get you more responses and let people know what it is you are looking for.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:39 PM
henock

"Official Thread Killer Crew" member hard at work!

Old 07-15-2002, 09:56 PM

Re: Re: Spray Paint

Originally posted by clee130
Please do not just make such a vague title.

"Need some spray paint for my clear tails - what kind?" would get you more responses and let people know what it is you are looking for.
1) turn off the caps
2) Somebody already answered the question
so that just shoes your just trying to find whatever u can to be immature about, nothing is prefect for you, titles are two short, too long, to much spelling errors...who are you to say, get the sand paper out of your tampon, and grow up
Old 07-15-2002, 10:24 PM
henock

Re: Re: Re: Spray Paint

1) turn off the caps
so that just shoes your just trying to find whatever u can to be immature about, nothing is prefect for you, titles are two short, too long, to much spelling errors...who are you to say, get the sand paper out of your tampon, and grow up
ouch.. dude i know im new here but.. you know hes a mod right.

Old 07-15-2002, 10:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Spray Paint

Originally posted by henock

ouch.. dude i know im new here but.. you know hes a mod right.
Some things are just uncalled for, and that defiantly was, if he or she wants to make a point across, maybe the should drop the person a little PM, and be mature about it, no one is going to take well to somebody trying to show them up in front of other people..just use your head
Old 07-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Custom User Title...

1) turn off the caps

i dunno bout you, but i don't see any caps lock? perhaps some bold but no caps...
Old 07-15-2002, 11:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Spray Paint

Originally posted by Jepht20

i dunno bout you, but i don't see any caps lock? perhaps some bold but no caps...
definitely were no caps. he used the vb code to adjust the size. either way it was a pointless post since people already answered the question and figured out the 'vague' title.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:50 PM
henock

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Spray Paint

Some things are just uncalled for, and that defiantly was, if he or she wants to make a point across, maybe the should drop the person a little PM, and be mature about it, no one is going to take well to somebody trying to show them up in front of other people..just use your head
but man hes said this plenty of times, including a sticky post at the top of the boards.. give him a break if he gets mad.. hes only human

Old 07-16-2002, 02:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

1) turn off the caps
[/QUOTE
Old 07-16-2002, 07:20 AM

1) turn off the caps
Immature and "grow up"? You're the one telling me to "get the sand paper out of my tampon" and you're calling me immature?

Since no one ever seems to care what I type or making my point a sticky, making the font bigger and in red seems to draw attention and get my point across.

We've been over this already. If you have any more to say about this, you can either post in the feedback section or in the thread that I made a sticky.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:34 AM

shoes ==> shows
your ==> you're
prefect ==> perfect
two ==> too
much ==> many

And you've got the gall to talk about immaturity?

Clee is a respected moderator. Based on what you said and what he said, you're standing on quicksand. All he did was make yet another valid point, that the subject should be specific. "Spray Paint" could be about almost anything. And since it wasn't something obviously ridiculous like "Check this out" or "What do you think?", you'll have so many people who have experience in only enamel painting wasting their time reading your post when they won't have anything to contribute (i.e. experience painting their taillights). So, next time, be more specific and you'll make you and everyone else happy. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:53 AM

Ok, thread closed. Question has been answered and it's headed in a direction that has been traveled already.

If anyone has anything else to say about the thread titles, post in the sticky up top or in the feedback forum.