4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How many people have the Ionic Dynamics kit so far?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 08:03 AM

How many people have the Ionic Dynamics kit so far?

Just curious to see how many people have their kit installed since I've finally gotten around to the painting stage on mine. I bought the full kit and with my drop I have a feeling Im going to be scraping alot

Also what did you all use to keep your pieces in place? Since my rear piece was cut into thirds (to be able to ship it to me) Im thinking of just leaving it that way (since a seam will be harder to see on a black car) and just rivitting it in place.

Anyone with pics?
Old 07-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got mine painted and delivered and I installed it last week...judge for yourselves about the look but I think it is slamming!
Old 07-16-2002, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
I got mine painted and delivered and I installed it last week...judge for yourselves about the look but I think it is slamming!
Looks sweet!
Isnt there anyone else with the kit yet?
Old 07-16-2002, 03:23 PM

me

I was the first one to have the kit shipped, painted, and installed.
I still like to brag...

I have some pix here:
http://mozy.cx/maxima/idkit/

I'm getting my Maxspeed springs installed this weekend so I will have a drop just like WizzaMax except I have SE 16's and the full one-piece rear.

The price and quality can't be beat, its not as widely known or circulated as the Stillen kit, but its stronger than the Sarona kit so that has to mean something. The quality is pretty freaking cool, its thick as hell, my package wieghed 25lbs shipped!! I dont know if thats a good thing for people who want less weight...but it sure means quality
Old 07-16-2002, 03:31 PM

Re: me

Originally posted by mozy
I was the first one to have the kit shipped, painted, and installed.
I still like to brag...

I have some pix here:
http://mozy.cx/maxima/idkit/
Well I knew you had the kit, your car is the reason why I bought it
Cant wait to see the pics with the springs, how low are they supposed to drop your car?
My springs are close to a 2" drop and I also have the 1 piece rear (well sectioned into 3), but with the tailpipe cutout.

I noticed a couple of chips in my rear valence, but its expected since it was shipped all the up here to Canada. The fiberglass is super thick though, I've accidentally dropped it on the ground while trying to fit it and nothing happened. Cant wait till Its done....its hard doing prep work, fitment, and paint on your own with barely any spare time
Old 07-16-2002, 03:59 PM

Re: me

mozy, it would look nicer with a drop, but i actually like how it looks without one....how much did the full kit run anyways? looks hella sexier than the stillen, but i hate the muffler extension you have to put on
Old 07-16-2002, 04:09 PM

Re: Re: me

Originally posted by Jamsan
but i hate the muffler extension you have to put on
You dont if you get it with the cutout.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:34 PM

I just bought kashoggios 2pc rear just this morning. Im going to take a look at Mozys kit this weekend so I can decide if I should get the Ionic or stillen sides.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:29 PM

Nice looking job... I just wonder how it'll go with H&R springs. Seems likely to bottom out at the back.

Is that $260 for both sides?
Old 07-16-2002, 06:23 PM

Re: Re: me

Originally posted by AdMax98

Well I knew you had the kit, your car is the reason why I bought it
Cant wait to see the pics with the springs, how low are they supposed to drop your car?
My springs are close to a 2" drop and I also have the 1 piece rear (well sectioned into 3), but with the tailpipe cutout.

I noticed a couple of chips in my rear valence, but its expected since it was shipped all the up here to Canada. The fiberglass is super thick though, I've accidentally dropped it on the ground while trying to fit it and nothing happened. Cant wait till Its done....its hard doing prep work, fitment, and paint on your own with barely any spare time
Thanks =)

From what I have gathered...the MaxSpeed springs are 1.7 front and 1.5 rear, im not too sure though.

You are going to have trouble with the one-piece rear and a 2" drop...I already scratched once without a drop, and now I have to use the cheap nissan touch-up thing to cover up some scratches on the bottom. But it was completely my fault, I scratched it in a place that I drove over many times witht he rear, just this time I didnt slow down .
The kit is great quality, very thick and strong.

mozy, it would look nicer with a drop, but i actually like how it looks without one....how much did the full kit run anyways? looks hella sexier than the stillen, but i hate the muffler extension you have to put on
I like how it looks without a drop too, but on some days you can see light pass under the car and it looks like a 4x4...nasty...THe full kit was around $360 shipped from what I remember, actually I paid a little more because ionicmax didnt have a set company to ship stuff and i wanted to be shipped express (quick as possible).

About the muffler, its all up to you. I chose no muffler hole and pointed the tip down because I wanted that stealth look, plus I didnt want to buy an aftermarket muffler/tip.
Another reason is if I ever get enough money...I will mold the rear piece to the body thats gonna look SEXY!

Nice looking job... I just wonder how it'll go with H&R springs. Seems likely to bottom out at the back.

Is that $260 for both sides?
Its actually $180+shipping because of the current group deal.
http://www.ionicdynamics.com/Group_Deal.html

The rear one-piece IS pretty darn low...that was my biggest fear before wanting to lower my car, but I measured alot of places I go (i'm ****...) and it seems I will have plenty clearance. Just remember to take hills sideways....I know of cars with super low drops and stillen kits that get into places like that.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
Did you cut the rear of that kit, or is that the 2 piece version?
Old 07-16-2002, 06:43 PM

i am ordering the skirts within the next couple of days. you cannot beat the price jose offers! and he's real good in replying to questions and anything you got-
im going to leave my rear painted splash guards for now and maybe get rear valence soon
Old 07-16-2002, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Supa Lao

Did you cut the rear of that kit, or is that the 2 piece version?
WizzaMax has the 2 piece rear version.

Kinda has a veilside look...
Old 07-16-2002, 08:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That kit dont look bad at all, looks pretty good! How much is the Stillen Front Lip? And does Ionic make the Front Lip from there namebrand?
Old 07-16-2002, 08:59 PM

I do have the 97-99 rear valences for my kit and Jose makes the side skirts and rear valences or solid piece...he does not make the front piece...you have to get that as a Stillen or Sarona front...I got mine at Stillen Open House for $202.00...and painted for free.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:20 AM

oh yeah

I forgot to read your first post...

I had my side skirts bolted onto the bottom of my car, they were squished which might not have been the best idea, but I did tell the installers to hurry up and do it in 2 days (which was a bad idea). The skirts show signs of disregard as there are FINGERPRINTS molded into the paint of the skirt...I guess they dont cook them long enough before they mount them... Oh yeah,they also used GLUE@!%$!@ GLUE!!!!! Now I can't take off the skirts AT ALL...and there are SPLATTER MARKS EVERYWHERE!$%@#!$

But my rear piece is bolted on pretty well and fit nice and snug, except for the fact that my left side was hit ever so slightly before I had the car and the bumper is pushed against the body so there is a slight gap between the rear piece and the rest of the car, oh well no biggie.

The point of this rant:

LET THE INSTALLERS TAKE THEIR TIME AND DON'T RUSH THEM!!! DONT'T PLAN ON HAVING THIS THING INSTALLED IN ONE DAY OR SO. (Telling them you need this done by Saturday is NOT a good idea...even if they agree to do it quickly.)
Old 07-17-2002, 11:34 AM

Re: oh yeah

I forgot to read your first post...

I had my side skirts bolted onto the bottom of my car, they were squished which might not have been the best idea, but I did tell the installers to hurry up and do it in 2 days (which was a bad idea). The skirts show signs of disregard as there are FINGERPRINTS molded into the paint of the skirt...I guess they dont cook them long enough before they mount them... Oh yeah,they also used GLUE@!%$!@ GLUE!!!!! Now I can't take off the skirts AT ALL...and there are SPLATTER MARKS EVERYWHERE!$%@#!$
) ..............[/SIZE]
Ouch, ****ty deal. Well I'll be avoiding that since Im going to fit it myself. Im too **** to let a shop do it for me. One thing about the side skirts. I know the part that attaches to the front fender has a hole for one of the screws that held on the mudguards, but what did they do to attach the rear of the side skirt? Im thinking of just drilling a hole in the fender-lip and riviting it. I wonder if that will work.

Also, did your rear piece bolt on to the 2 existing screws on either side of the rear quarter panel/bumper? Since there were indents in the top of the rear kit, Im assuming I can use those as bolt on spots?

Sorry if Im confusing you....
Old 07-17-2002, 12:28 PM

Re: Re: oh yeah

Ouch, ****ty deal. Well I'll be avoiding that since Im going to fit it myself. Im too **** to let a shop do it for me. One thing about the side skirts. I know the part that attaches to the front fender has a hole for one of the screws that held on the mudguards, but what did they do to attach the rear of the side skirt? Im thinking of just drilling a hole in the fender-lip and riviting it. I wonder if that will work.

Also, did your rear piece bolt on to the 2 existing screws on either side of the rear quarter panel/bumper? Since there were indents in the top of the rear kit, Im assuming I can use those as bolt on spots?

Sorry if Im confusing you....
No confusion here, I know exactly what you mean.

You WILL have to drill a hole for the rear of the side skirt to be held on, right on the lip of the fender, be careful not to drill the hole crooked....heh. Drill the hole at the bottom of the fender lip, there is a chunk of metal there that has llots of surface area. I'm not too sure if just those two bolts will hold it though...Its all up to you to do any extra precautionary details.

The rear piece will NOT be able to hold with just those two screws on either side of the rear quarter panel. You will need to drill holes and screw in (or just use a power tool and screw away) the screws into the bottom of the bumper. Those holes ontop of the rear lip are where the bolts of the bumper are, if you drill a hole there you might be able to use the existing bolts to hold it on. But just incase drill more holes than you need (and add screws), gravity doesnt like big heavy things like the one-piece rear.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

No confusion here, I know exactly what you mean.

You WILL have to drill a hole for the rear of the side skirt to be held on, right on the lip of the fender, be careful not to drill the hole crooked....heh. Drill the hole at the bottom of the fender lip, there is a chunk of metal there that has llots of surface area. I'm not too sure if just those two bolts will hold it though...Its all up to you to do any extra precautionary details.

The rear piece will NOT be able to hold with just those two screws on either side of the rear quarter panel. You will need to drill holes and screw in (or just use a power tool and screw away) the screws into the bottom of the bumper. Those holes ontop of the rear lip are where the bolts of the bumper are, if you drill a hole there you might be able to use the existing bolts to hold it on. But just incase drill more holes than you need (and add screws), gravity doesnt like big heavy things like the one-piece rear.
Cool, thanks for the tip!
Just found a place to paint my front lip... $75 CDN (about $45 US) out the door. Good price?
Old 07-17-2002, 03:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

Just found a place to paint my front lip... $75 CDN (about $45 US) out the door. Good price?
Nice price! If and when I get a body kit, I'm planning to do the same thing you are--have someone paint the parts, then take the time to bolt them on myself. Let us know how it all works out for you!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

yeah, great price!!! just make sure they use flexible paint..(since this thing is urethane)

I did the same thing as you are doing for my lip, had it painted for $75, then installed it myself. But I thought that it would be too hard to install the kit myself (I was wrong).
Old 07-18-2002, 08:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

yeah, great price!!! just make sure they use flexible paint..(since this thing is urethane)

I did the same thing as you are doing for my lip, had it painted for $75, then installed it myself. But I thought that it would be too hard to install the kit myself (I was wrong).
Got the front lip back last night and put it on. Since my bumper is full of little rock chips, it doesnt really match
Still, it fit great...cant wait to get the rest of the kit on!
Old 07-18-2002, 08:47 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

Got the front lip back last night and put it on. Since my bumper is full of little rock chips, it doesnt really match
Still, it fit great...cant wait to get the rest of the kit on!

Wow! Good price Adam!
Can't wait to see your ride at the next meet!
Old 07-18-2002, 08:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

Originally posted by BlackCat

Wow! Good price Adam!
Can't wait to see your ride at the next meet!
Same place you got yours done
Im attempting to paint the fiberglass pieces myself though...so far so good, just need to put on the clear coat on one of the pieces to see if it matches the glossiness of the car. If not, I'll go back and get it done by them again.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:17 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

Same place you got yours done
Wow, you did? I doubt anyone can beat that price anywhere else in town!
Old 07-18-2002, 09:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: oh yeah

Originally posted by BlackCat

Wow, you did? I doubt anyone can beat that price anywhere else in town!
Yeah, theres a couple tiny bubble spots on the sides but its not very noticeable and you cant expect a flawless job at that price.
As for attaching it, I did what you did with the tape in the middle and 1 rivet on each side. Hope it holds