4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

EGRC Solenoid Valve troubles...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 03:11 PM
CFC

EGRC Solenoid Valve troubles...

Hey guys, I'm getting MIL code 1005 which is pointing to the EGRC Solenoid Valve. My question is what kind of symptoms would I detect with a bad Solenoid Valve? Is it something that would urgently need to be replaced, or can I sit on it till I get a little bit of money? ... and do any of you have a part number for it in the event that I would need to replace it?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 07-27-2002, 06:31 PM

Re: EGRC Solenoid Valve troubles...

Originally posted by CFC
Hey guys, I'm getting MIL code 1005 which is pointing to the EGRC Solenoid Valve. My question is what kind of symptoms would I detect with a bad Solenoid Valve? Is it something that would urgently need to be replaced, or can I sit on it till I get a little bit of money? ... and do any of you have a part number for it in the event that I would need to replace it?

Thanks for any advice.
I had replaced this sensor earlier this year. Any code you recieve from the CEL is worth paying attention to. If you don't replace it, you will most probalbly run into other problems as well, because the computer must adjust to the bad sensor. And, in your case, if you leave this sensor unattended, your EGR system will be all screwed up. This sensor is relatively easy to replace. All it is is a small green little "box" with 3 tiny tubes coming out of it (air passages). It can be found at the rear of the front,left cylinder head. I found it easier to remove the air filter assembly. Removing this, you have more room to work with your hands. The tubing was real hard to remove from the old sensor in my car, so I cut the old ones and replaced them with new ones. Actually, the type of tubing does not matter, because only air is passing thru them. Well, once you replace with new one, just reset the computer and you done! The sensor was only $65.00 from a Nissan dealer where I live. I believe the part number was 14956-31U01. Well, I hope this helped any! Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2002, 10:59 PM

Re: Re: EGRC Solenoid Valve troubles...

Originally posted by MIXXMAX
I had replaced this sensor earlier this year. Any code you recieve from the CEL is worth paying attention to. If you don't replace it, you will most probalbly run into other problems as well, because the computer must adjust to the bad sensor. And, in your case, if you leave this sensor unattended, your EGR system will be all screwed up. This sensor is relatively easy to replace. All it is is a small green little "box" with 3 tiny tubes coming out of it (air passages). It can be found at the rear of the front,left cylinder head. I found it easier to remove the air filter assembly. Removing this, you have more room to work with your hands. The tubing was real hard to remove from the old sensor in my car, so I cut the old ones and replaced them with new ones. Actually, the type of tubing does not matter, because only air is passing thru them. Well, once you replace with new one, just reset the computer and you done! The sensor was only $65.00 from a Nissan dealer where I live. I believe the part number was 14956-31U01. Well, I hope this helped any! Good Luck!
i replaced mine also ealier in the summer....i had to replace both of them from the dealer becasue after just replacing one the cel kept coming on and they replaced the other and it was fine...but i have one question...after u replaced yours when u step on the gas do you hear a whistling sound..this is only when u accelerate at times...because i do...what can it be??
Old 07-28-2002, 04:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: EGRC Solenoid Valve troubles...

Originally posted by max_speed97

i replaced mine also ealier in the summer....i had to replace both of them from the dealer becasue after just replacing one the cel kept coming on and they replaced the other and it was fine...but i have one question...after u replaced yours when u step on the gas do you hear a whistling sound..this is only when u accelerate at times...because i do...what can it be??
I'm not sure what you're asking. No, I did not hear any whistling of any kind. Is it that maybe you have an air leak somewhere? And what do you mean by replacing "both" of them (sensors). If your talking about the EGR control solenoid, there is only one, I believe, right?