4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

questions about VLSD wearing out

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 08:29 AM

questions about VLSD wearing out

hey, ive been noticing lately that the VLSD (97 i30t 5spd) in my max isnt distributing torque evenly to my wheels, when i first got it i slid my max sideways through a corner and i got on the gas in 2nd at about 4k as i countered and it nearly ripped the wheel out of my hands and just took off out of the corner like a bat outta hell. now ive been getting lots of torque steer. ive done the wheel test (jacked up front spin one wheel, other spins in the same direction) anyways, my questions are, would the type of tranny fluid used affect the performance of the lsd in this way? ive been using a castrol synthetic for limited slips and it doesnt seem to work as well as mobil one, ive been haveing seal troubles(not the bearing) and i cant seem to get the seal in right with the tranny in the car so im waiting till i replace my jwt stage 2 with my act clutch to do so. also besided beating the crap out of my car what would cause an axle shaft to break right in the middle? i snapped the infinity one i got and replaced it with a lsd maxima one from www.RAXLES.com (GREAT GUYS) any ideas? thanks for your time - Pete