4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My Max got clipped last night.....damn kid..he tried to run too.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 05:15 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

My Max got clipped last night.....damn kid..he tried to run too.

It was late last night, I stopped for a stop sign and BAM! Kid smacked me in the a$$ pretty good. I get out and I'm like WTF ???

He goes on and starts giving me a hard time. There's practically no damage to the car, just scuffs on the bumper where he hit me. The 5MPH bumpers on our cars definately work well.

Now it gets good. The two cars are in the middle of the road so I get in mine just to get it out of the way and the kid takes off!!!!!

****ed, I give chase to the $hit head. He's driving some beat up laser or Mitsu. He gets onto the highway, I immediately take him over and flag him to pull over. Next thing I know, WAM again, he clipped my right rear quarter pannel. Talk about mad . Finally he pulls over, he's drunk. Starts crying and does this complete sceen in the parking lot in the back of some shops. It's late, nobody is around, my cell phone is at home and this guy is literally running away from me. OK I was about to beat the daylights out of him...

Finally I calm him down - I still can't believe this has happened, it was like something out of a movie. I get this guy to go with me to a nearby diner and what do ya know.. 3 cops eating. So I tell them the story. Now I'm in the next town over from where the whole thing started so they tell me I should go to the headquarters in the town it happened. This kid want's nothing to do with the police. I'm like look you have no choice now, I have damage to my car. Why did you run from me??? A$$hole. I get all his info and told him to follow me to the police station to file a report. He says he's not going to do that. I told him it's for your own benefit, you get to tell your side of the story, other wise it's you hit me PERIOD. I get in my car and drive to the police station, he takes off in the other direction.

Told the story to the police, filed the report, now I'm thinking I should charge him with hit and run. But honestly, I'm looking at maybe a few hundred bucks in refinishing my quarter pannel and it's probably just not worth it. I'll get the estimate today and mail him a copy along with one to a lawyer. Perhaps he'll just pay up and that will be the end of it. I'd rather not get insurance involved.

Talk about ****ed off, my car didn't have a single scratch on it until last night.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:41 AM

I would beat this kid

I would chase down this kid and beat his a$$. There is no question about it!! This kid would regret drink and driving when I was done with him. I'd probably take his keys too, just for the hell of it. he shouldnt drive home anyways. Anyways thats my .02 cents. Point being I thought you were easy on him. Dont F with the max
Old 08-06-2002, 05:43 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: My Max got clipped last night.....damn kid..he tried to run too.

most likely everything inside your rear bumper is toast as well....have it checked out.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i would have taken his wallet with all is identification and ripped the plates off his car and then gone to the police station...sorry about your car...someone knicked my bumper a few days ago and didn't leave a note but its getting repainted right now
Old 08-06-2002, 06:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Refreshing post

Refreshing story!

It is nice to see a little humanity and forgiveness. Do the kid a favor though, take it to the cops. If you don't, next time he is going to hit someone and really hurt them.

I am glad you didn't post something about dragging the kid by his nostrils for thirty miles til' he told you his address and gave you his insurance card.

Anyway, glad you are all right and sory to hear about the inconvenience.

DL
Old 08-06-2002, 06:20 AM

Atleast you controlled you anger. Don't worry the car will be fixed eventually... and if you have to live with a couple scratches between now and then, so be it.
-Cyrus
Old 08-06-2002, 06:27 AM

Re: Refreshing post

I don't know what kind of bumper you have but when I got hit on the left side front bumper by a driver going around 15 mph the whole thing flew off with the freaking metal bar they put inside to take imapact from the front. I love the Maxima but its a plastic car. You are very nice person, I would have chased this kid down took his information down then probably gave him a few body shots so he would remember me, filed a hit & run with the police and made sure he paid every single dime to get my car fixed. I'm not a voilant person but I did get into a few close fights because of my Maxima. One lady in the parking lot the other day opens are POS Hyndui and hits my door causing a slight dent. I walk up to her car and punch the hood with all force. She got scared and refused to open the windows to confront me. Freaking ingrates! (I just wanted to show her what she did to my car so in the future she would watch how she opens the door)
Old 08-06-2002, 06:39 AM

Tom,

I have to commend you on not pounding the living sh*t out of this a$$hole. That takes a lot of restraint. I really feel bad about your car though, you took damn good care of it and the little sh*thead f'ed it up. How bad is the quarter panel hit? Keep us posted on how it goes.

Kevin
Old 08-06-2002, 07:01 AM

If I saw Tom get out of his car all mad, I would have probably ran too! Tom's a big dude!

While I don't usually like violence just because someone hit my car, this kid was drunk. I would have tried to take his keys away or something. But you got his info and go from there.

And I'm warning everyone right now not to turn this into a revenge thread and a "I would have capped his *** for looking at my car wrong" type of thread.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:14 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Deadbeat driver from hell

Dang, that's some freggin drama
Old 08-06-2002, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by clee130
If I saw Tom get out of his car all mad, I would have probably ran too! Tom's a big dude!
LOL...that kid must have crapped his pants when he saw Tom.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by Kevin

LOL...that kid must have crapped his pants when he saw Tom.
Hopefully he gave you the right info if he drove off Or you got his Drivers license and all.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I can't belive the cops in the diner let the kid drive, knowing he was drunk! WTF is that? I commend you on your calmness in that situation. The kid does need to learn a lesson though - there are consequences to your actions - he should definitely have to pay for your damage somehow, and someone in authority - maybe his parents, or the police, should be teaching this guy a lesson.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:17 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

I would have capped his *** for looking at my car wrong
Old 08-06-2002, 08:19 AM
Sports Button FTW

dag, sorry bro....

i got hit in back once when making a u turn or trying to...freaking stalled and guy thought i went so he gave me a good 5 mph ding...two small scratches made by license plate....i got out (he had nowhere to go blocked in both directions lol) and he quickly apologized, i'm a big guy too...(6'2" 260) but he followed me to my job (2 min away) and apologized again...i'm looking at the two minor dings and I would be ****ED if someone made me spend like 100+ dollars to paint or fix those small scratches so i said forget it and let him go...but in your case, this guy tried to run AND he was drunk...totally different....

dag, i see your sig all the time SPOTLESS, sucks that it isn't anymore...
Old 08-06-2002, 08:52 AM

UPDATE:

Oh this gets even better....

I got an estimate. They can either refinish the 1/4 and buff the bumper for 439 bucks. Or refinish the end of the bumper and blend the rest. That way the car is perfect again, but to the tune of 629 bucks.

I'm going to buff the bumper after I takes pics of the damage and see what it looks like. It's mostly light scuffs on the bumper but there is a pin strip of a dig in it that's def. not going to buff out.

I spoke to the police again this morning, they have issued him 2 summons, one for leaving the sceen and another one, I don't remember what for....

Gets better - My insurance company or should I say new insurance company hasn't binded me yet. Technically I'm driving without insurance. I gave them a check over 2 weeks ago. WTF? Not that any of this is going through ins. but it sure doesn't look good on the police report. I have to go talk to the officer when I get my new ins. card and make him change the report to non-reportable and see if he'll just overlook the date on the card. The officer at the desk today said he didn't think it would be a problem being nothing is going through the ins. companies.

I haven't had an accident in over 20 years and now it's like all hell breaks lose. Nothing seems to be going right.

The car should be going into the body shop in 3 weeks. It's gonna kill me to drive it around with scuff marks on it, but I guess I'll live.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:54 AM

hey i just got my car back from the body shop like 20 minutes ago...i kinda backed into another cars bumper backing into my garage at like 6 in the morning and i was sleepy as hell...im never coming home that late and driving tired...i completely screwed up my 1/4 panel, HUGE dent and sum scratches...but actually not that bad as i thought...i also had my spoiler ripped off in another incident a month ago where sum whacko jumped on my car while i was driving it and ripped the spoiler right off after i pumped away trying to kill him and he couldnt hang on...i got my spoiler back on today, and fixed my 1/4 panel SOMEWHAT to a temporary extent just so my parents wont notice i hit the car...it cost me 120 total, 50 for the spoiler, 70 to straiten out and compound the 1/4 panel...he told me to do a complete strait flat job and paint job it would be close to 300, and i didnt have that kinda money on me right now..so i settled with a so-so job and it came out JUST OK...worse than i actually thought but then i gotta also remember i only paid 70 bux for it and its like ten times better then it was and it looks a little spotty like little tiny dents stickin out here and there but nuthin majorly noticeable...and he said i can back and do the complete job for like 200...so im alright for now, the car was pretty spotless before but now i gotta live with it and live with what i can afford
Old 08-06-2002, 12:00 PM

BEAT DOWN LIKE RODNEY KING!!! THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:37 PM

Dang that sux, thats why I always drive with cell phone and digital camera. If somebody nails me, the moment I get out I'm taking pictures (assuming I can still walk). But geeze, if anyone's met njmaxseltd in person this guy is HUGE. Definately file police report and press charges. Even if its only a few hundred bucks its the principal. I assume you have uninsured motorist (when somebody hit me in the school parking lot, and I didnt know who it was, it fell under this category even though I never got it fixed) so you can claim it.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:36 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Couldn't u have screwed the kid w/ the 3 cops @ the diner cuz he was drunk??
Old 08-06-2002, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by nadir_s
Couldn't u have screwed the kid w/ the 3 cops @ the diner cuz he was drunk??
YES! But I was trying to be Mr. Nice guy. Go figure. Well the car goes in the shop the week of the 26th. I'm going to have it done the right way. This kid is paying for it anyhow so it's 600 bucks out of his pocket not mine. I'm going to call him this evening and see if he goes along with the deal I'm going to lay out for him. He's a fool not to. I'll drop the charges against him, all I want is the damn car perfect again. I don't think thats to much to ask for.

On a side note: Just got back from the alignment shop. Since myself and Lime did the spring swap I figured I best get it checked. I was out 1/8" on both sides. Amazing how much difference there is in the way the car tracks and rides when your front end is tracking perfect.

Thanks for all the support guys, hopefully everything will go smooth from here forward. I'm going to give Max a bath now and compound some of the scuffs off him. Got to keep my baby looking the best he can at all times ya know!

F__king stupid kid..... tried to run from a Maxima
Old 08-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Carpe Diem....

Re: Re: Refreshing post

One lady in the parking lot the other day opens are POS Hyndui and hits my door causing a slight dent. I walk up to her car and punch the hood with all force. She got scared and refused to open the windows to confront me. Freaking ingrates! (I just wanted to show her what she did to my car so in the future she would watch how she opens the door) [/B][/QUOTE]

More power to you!!!!! I usually try to park away from everyone just because of the few inconsiderate ones.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

Originally posted by kwamdoo74
More power to you!!!!! I usually try to park away from everyone just because of the few inconsiderate ones.
Less power to him!!!!!

He's suprised that she was scared after she accidentally opened the door and probably made a small ding and he goes nuts and punches her hood with full strength?

Next time, throw a rock at the window so it "rolls" down and yell at her, "F**king b!tch, next time you hit my car, I'll f**king kill you b!tch!"

That'll teach her!

Old 08-06-2002, 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

Less power to him!!!!!

He's suprised that she was scared after she accidentally opened the door and probably made a small ding and he goes nuts and punches her hood with full strength?

Next time, throw a rock at the window so it "rolls" down and yell at her, "F**king b!tch, next time you hit my car, I'll f**king kill you b!tch!"

That'll teach her!

I think my actions were justified I was coming from the front and see this lady in the mid 30's open the door and hit my car fairly well. I run up and hammer punch her hood as a reflex reaction when Maxima got hit. I see this no different if she hit me, my sister or my girlfriend. If it was a guy I would have done the same thing and if he apologized right away I would not provoke it any further because I'm not an animal just hate people who have no respect. I park my car all the time in last row away from everyone but sometimes its just packed. Maybe we New Yorker's are just a little more violent. =)
Old 08-06-2002, 03:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC

I think my actions were justified I was coming from the front and see this lady in the mid 30's open the door and hit my car fairly well. I run up and hammer punch her hood as a reflex reaction when Maxima got hit. I see this no different if she hit me, my sister or my girlfriend. If it was a guy I would have done the same thing and if he apologized right away I would not provoke it any further because I'm not an animal just hate people who have no respect. I park my car all the time in last row away from everyone but sometimes its just packed. Maybe we New Yorker's are just a little more violent. =)
Oh

my

god.

A car does not equal a person. Not by a long shot. Good lord. I'll stop now because I don't want to completely hijack Tom's thread ... but I hope you kids grow up someday soon. Seriously ... or else this world is going straight to hell.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:35 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

You know I'm pretty sure that lady could have called the police and filed a report if she wanted. What do you think it looks like to a woman when a guy goes rambo on her car? I'd be ****ed too, but damaging her property is not justified for her dinging your door.

Originally posted by orgasmicNYC

Old 08-06-2002, 04:08 PM

Re: Re: Refreshing post

One lady in the parking lot the other day opens are POS Hyndui and hits my door causing a slight dent. I walk up to her car and punch the hood with all force. She got scared and refused to open the windows to confront me. Freaking ingrates! (I just wanted to show her what she did to my car so in the future she would watch how she opens the door) [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't anyone ever tell you two wrongs don't make a right? I think you need some anger management classes.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

Oh

my

god.

A car does not equal a person. Not by a long shot. Good lord. I'll stop now because I don't want to completely hijack Tom's thread ... but I hope you kids grow up someday soon. Seriously ... or else this world is going straight to hell.
Who is to say that we are not living in hell? (And I did congratulate Tom for not being violent) Anyway I'm done.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:20 PM
living out of a maxima...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

...I hope you kids grow up someday soon. Seriously ... or else this world is going straight to hell.
clee-

I am one of "you kids" and I just have to say that you are correct. Our world is definitely going straight to hell.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:51 PM
Carpe Diem....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

Less power to him!!!!!

That'll teach her!

This is just a matter of respect in my book. I can't say that i would do the same thing that my man did by punching the hood of her car, but i feel his frustration. If he weren't around would she have left a note apologizing for what she had done. I know we don't know what might have happened, but i doubt it. This type of thing happens all the time and these inconsiderate bastards need to be held accountable for their actions. I've seen people swing doors wide open and don't even give a second look even when they see the damage they've caused. Depending on how much time it was before he decided to go "Rambo" is the question. She probably didn't think the owner was around, oh well, the right thing to do was for the lady to start writing her info down, whether or not if she could see a mark or not. But i'm giving my man the benefit of doubt, and he only went buck wild because she was about to go on about her business.

More power to you!!!!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:56 PM

Re: My Max got clipped last night.....damn kid..he tried to run too.

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
It was late last night, I stopped for a stop sign and BAM! Kid smacked me in the a$$ pretty good. I get out and I'm like WTF ???

He goes on and starts giving me a hard time. There's practically no damage to the car, just scuffs on the bumper where he hit me. The 5MPH bumpers on our cars definately work well.

Now it gets good. The two cars are in the middle of the road so I get in mine just to get it out of the way and the kid takes off!!!!!

****ed, I give chase to the $hit head. He's driving some beat up laser or Mitsu. He gets onto the highway, I immediately take him over and flag him to pull over. Next thing I know, WAM again, he clipped my right rear quarter pannel. Talk about mad . Finally he pulls over, he's drunk. Starts crying and does this complete sceen in the parking lot in the back of some shops. It's late, nobody is around, my cell phone is at home and this guy is literally running away from me. OK I was about to beat the daylights out of him...

Finally I calm him down - I still can't believe this has happened, it was like something out of a movie. I get this guy to go with me to a nearby diner and what do ya know.. 3 cops eating. So I tell them the story. Now I'm in the next town over from where the whole thing started so they tell me I should go to the headquarters in the town it happened. This kid want's nothing to do with the police. I'm like look you have no choice now, I have damage to my car. Why did you run from me??? A$$hole. I get all his info and told him to follow me to the police station to file a report. He says he's not going to do that. I told him it's for your own benefit, you get to tell your side of the story, other wise it's you hit me PERIOD. I get in my car and drive to the police station, he takes off in the other direction.

Told the story to the police, filed the report, now I'm thinking I should charge him with hit and run. But honestly, I'm looking at maybe a few hundred bucks in refinishing my quarter pannel and it's probably just not worth it. I'll get the estimate today and mail him a copy along with one to a lawyer. Perhaps he'll just pay up and that will be the end of it. I'd rather not get insurance involved.

Talk about ****ed off, my car didn't have a single scratch on it until last night.
damn. that was a nice thing you did to that kid by not kicking his ***, it was a REALLY nice thing by not getting him a DUI. i can't believe he was allowed to drive though.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:02 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Re: Refreshing post

Originally posted by kwamdoo74
One lady in the parking lot the other day opens are POS Hyndui and hits my door causing a slight dent. I walk up to her car and punch the hood with all force. She got scared and refused to open the windows to confront me.
nice!
Old 08-07-2002, 04:06 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

damn

Being he was intoxicated
you should have wrestled him into the trunk of your car and drove him to the next town over.

That's pretty ****ed up that you have to do that if it happened there..
you should press charges or something

if he did it accidentally and admitted and stuff it would be okay becuase **** happens
but since he was drunk..... he deserves to be in jail because if he was at a point he can't drive straight
who knows if that idiot didn't get into a more serious accident earlier or later and hurt someone.

Old 08-07-2002, 06:21 PM

If some kid hit me like that and acted like an A$$ like that, I woulda screwed him 6 ways to Sunday....I would have not only taken this to the police, but also got a lawyer, and made sure that he got hit with an OUI....absolutely absurd...

and I've had punk kids open their doors into my car, causing dents, and just walking away when I confronted them....they got my patented "coke grenade" in all over the seats!
Old 08-07-2002, 06:33 PM

....and you had the cleanest 99 max here!!
dont worry the justice system will prevail... hopefully.

and def charge him with a hit and run man

Ant
Old 08-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Ludicrous Speed

So you're gonna threaten him with pressing charges if he doesn't comply with the $600+ repair? Hmm...I personally would wait till he paid for it and at least try getting him busted for drunk driving or hit and run without asking for any monetary damages. I'd Make sure he at least gets on probation, suspended license, or community service or something.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:13 PM

Easy now...

My brother is in autobody, he's opening a brand new shop called Pro Line Auto Body in Elmwood Park, New Jersey. He's gonna make Max perfect again for 500 bucks. The car goes in this coming Monday. Should have it back by Wednesday. Not bad huh? Less then 10 days after the accident my car will look like nothing ever happened. : The guy who hit me is paying out of pocket. Now I'm going to try to get the police to change the report to a non-reportable incident so BOTH of our driving records will never see this. I have a perfectly clean liscense, if this goes to NJDMV my insurance will go up. Sucks to live in MJ and drive. Thats one of the only reasons I'm being so easy on this guy. It will wind up hurting both of us in the wallet if the state finds out about this. Sometimes it's best just to work minor things like this out before Police or Insurance companys get involved.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:08 PM

Re: Easy now...

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
My brother is in autobody, he's opening a brand new shop...
Man Tom,

If I ever get into an accident and it's my fault, I hope the person I hit is as good a guy as you! you're letting the litte bastard off pretty easy.

Kevin
Old 08-07-2002, 10:49 PM
is invisible

Does he deserve a break?

Not only did he run, but (more importantly) he was DRINKING.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:30 PM
!OG SNES OG!

I wanna know how big this Tom guy is

Cuz I thought I was vying for the title of "Biggest Maxima Driver" at 6'4, 260...

lol

Mike

Quick Reply: My Max got clipped last night.....damn kid..he tried to run too.