4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Sprints Installed !!! 100% Satisfied

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sprints Installed !!! 100% Satisfied

Sprint/KYB-AGX
They are *PERFECT*...The ride the handeling is awsome and even the steering is a little heavier...I have the KYB's set on 2 in the front and 3 in the back but I may dial them alittle stiffer...I thaught they were going to be alot worse after hearing everyone on the org smash them for being roufe but after taking them down the worse road in my town I am convinced that I love these springs...they are smooth on reg roads and choppy on rouf roads but manigable...The install can be thanks to Tom (njmaxseld) who I owe my life to..He did all of the work today installing them well 99% of it and it went really well...I love them, the drop is amazing and I washed my car and show-cased it on my lawn for all my buddys to gaze at its such a difference with a drop then without a drop.. thanks Tom

I also did cut a coil in the back to even it out and its perfectly even...

What does everyone with sprints have there AGX's set on ??
Old 08-07-2002, 06:58 PM

I knew you would like them... Most people do. *cough*mzmtg*cough* Can you take pics? I wanna do the coil in the back cut but I don't know if I should go 1 or more.
-Cyrus
Old 08-07-2002, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus
I knew you would like them... Most people do. *cough*mzmtg*cough* Can you take pics? I wanna do the coil in the back cut but I don't know if I should go 1 or more.
-Cyrus
Two coils will even it out...
ask Cumalot(Mike) he had his chopped 2coils and now it sits even.

Ant
Old 08-07-2002, 07:23 PM

No way, 2 coils is too much. One is perfect..Superlao cut one and his back is alittle lower because of his system in his trunk. I almost cut 3/4 because I didnt want the front to by lower than the backs...right now the front is a tad higher than the rears but I have to wait for eerything to settle down into place...the backs will always, in my mind, look alittle lower becuase of the fender comes over the wheel and not even with it...my .02 <----its free

Old 08-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

His car looks great guys. The Sprints with one coil cut in the rear sits perfect on a 5 speed. I was very impressed with the ride as well. To be honest, I was never a fan of cut coil springs, but I have changed my mind after taking his car for a ride with the cut rear sprints. It rides great and has no noises at all.

BTW- Going OT here but WOW, damn 5 speeds are fast! Matt has a cold air intake and Y pipe. He hit the gas and I was like The roar and the HP were both heard and felt. Impressive for a 4 door family sedan. One of these days, perhaps at a meet some time in the near future someone can give me the pleasure of a drive in a SC 5 speed or SC auto max. I wanna feel some serious potential power the VQ makes. My car is all show, and no go. But thats what I love about my car, it just looks awsome.

Old 08-07-2002, 07:31 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
His car looks great guys. The Sprints with one coil cut in the rear sits perfect on a 5 speed. I was very impressed with the ride as well. To be honest, I was never a fan of cut coil springs, but I have changed my mind after taking his car for a ride with the cut rear sprints. It rides great and has no noises at all.

do you mean to say that even sprints sit unevenly? i was thinking of swapping my eibachs for sprints because it's a lower drop. do you at least think that sprints offer greater handling performance than eibach?
Old 08-07-2002, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by VQdriver
do you mean to say that even sprints sit unevenly? i was thinking of swapping my eibachs for sprints because it's a lower drop. do you at least think that sprints offer greater handling performance than eibach?
Sprints sit slightly higher in the rear. Sort of a raked look. Chopping one coil made them sit perfectly even. As far as handling goes I think the stiffer Eibach is your best handling spring but that is combined with a loss of comfort.

The Sprints seemed to handle excellent as well, not body roll and a very firm feel on the road.

My H&R's handle excellent and provide me with more of a stock like smooth ride on any road surface. Leave it to the Germans to produce a superrior Automotive product!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:49 PM

Sprints sit slightly higher in the rear. Sort of a raked look. Chopping one coil made them sit perfectly even. As far as handling goes I think the stiffer Eibach is your best handling spring but that is combined with a loss of comfort.

The Sprints seemed to handle excellent as well, not body roll and a very firm feel on the road.

My H&R's handle excellent and provide me with more of a stock like smooth ride on any road surface. Leave it to the Germans to produce a superrior Automotive product!
i guess i'll keep the eibachs then. i have seen someone else with eibachs on their maxima and it seems like their car is lower than mine!? however, they stated that they are riding on stock struts. do the struts make for a lower ride height or does eibach really make two different kind of prokit springs as an updated version? that is the rumor i've heard from the org.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Langley AFB Sux

Re: Sprints Installed !!! 100% Satisfied

PIC!
Old 08-07-2002, 07:58 PM

Bra since when Tom? Car looks great at usual, spotless and like mirror.
-Cyrus
Old 08-07-2002, 08:28 PM

I just installed my Sprints this past weekend. I cut one coil off the back and the drop is now perfectly even. 2 coils would definitely be too much.
The Sprints are great! Handling, drop, everything. Quite harsch compared to the H&Rs I took out, but I love them!
And for the price, you cant beat them....Definitely a great spring
Old 08-08-2002, 05:52 AM

Originally posted by VQdriver
i guess i'll keep the eibachs then. i have seen someone else with eibachs on their maxima and it seems like their car is lower than mine!? however, they stated that they are riding on stock struts. do the struts make for a lower ride height or does eibach really make two different kind of prokit springs as an updated version? that is the rumor i've heard from the org.
Yes there are 2 versioins of the pro kit. The earlier Eibachs were higher up front. The new Eibachs sit lower.

Struts/Shocks really have nothing to do with ride height.

Cyrus - Thanks for the compliment I use the bra usually when I go on longer trips. It keeps the front end protected from road rash @ chips.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:02 AM

I too chopped a coil off the rear. Much more even. I wouldnt do 2 coils either as this would slame the rear.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by ericdwong
I too chopped a coil off the rear. Much more even. I wouldnt do 2 coils either as this would slame the rear.

So are you happy now, I knew youd be happy with sprints, Cumalots car looks very dropped, thats all I got to say about his car!!!!cut coils the ride is not bad at all, you just have to ask people who have done it. And you know if the ride was bad he would have sold them already!!I was thinking of going coilovers in the future after I purchase the MEVI, oooh yes sireee I needs that and after that all I can add is a Intecooler, cams and a quaife diff.

Well I am happy you like your drop there Jeepman!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:53 PM

Yea I love them..I set them on 3 in the front now and 5 in the rear and they are right where I want them...I love the handleing of them and everything combined with the frigin awsome drop...I showed it off last night to all my buddys and they think it looks soo much better...just the way it sits and everything...on normal roads I sometimes forget I got the suspension, when I hit a bump its really not bad at all !! I really mean that...The sprints are awsome..
It feels like I'm cornering on rails

-matt
Old 08-08-2002, 02:06 PM

My car is all show, and no go. But thats what I love about my car, it just looks awsome.

You own a Maxima kid. You have a go stock baby! Thats what I love about the Max! Death to all American cars!
Old 08-08-2002, 02:31 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Chino

You own a Maxima kid. You have a go stock baby! Thats what I love about the Max! Death to all American cars!
Hmm....Auto maxima vs. 99+ GT mustang...owned
Auto maxima vs. 94+ z28 camaros..owned
Auto maxima vs. Marauder..owned (6.8 0-60)
Auto maxima vs. Corvette...
Auto maxima vs. Lightning..owned
Auto maxima vs. Caddy STS/SLS..owned

Before you say it...no, you can't compare cars in the same catagory as the Maxima to the Maxima. Hands down the Maxima is the beast of it's league...but there are plenty of domestic cars that own us...nothing like the buzz of a civics p#ssy 1.6L engine getting drowned out by a 5.7L z28 with flowmasters...
Old 08-08-2002, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Hmm....Auto maxima vs. 99+ GT mustang...owned
Auto maxima vs. 94+ z28 camaros..owned
Auto maxima vs. Marauder..owned (6.8 0-60)
Auto maxima vs. Corvette...
Auto maxima vs. Lightning..owned
Auto maxima vs. Caddy STS/SLS..owned

Before you say it...no, you can't compare cars in the same catagory as the Maxima to the Maxima. Hands down the Maxima is the beast of it's league...but there are plenty of domestic cars that own us...nothing like the buzz of a civics p#ssy 1.6L engine getting drowned out by a 5.7L z28 with flowmasters...
True those cars will get us stock vs stock, but they still suck ****. I would go European before lowering myself to buy an American Car. I can't think of a single car (even the Viper) that would come close to a japanese car in quality. Face it American's blow making cars. We however have great basketball, football, and baseball teams. They all break and give major problems. Not to mention with unlimited funds available to both parties. The japanese car will always prevail. Were the American car will end up "caped". Actually everything I've been blaberin' about is my own opinion. Its not fact, its just what I think. My 2 cents, you know? DEATH TO AMERICAN CARS! OLD AND NEW! FAST OR SLOW!
Old 08-08-2002, 03:28 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Chino

True those cars will get us stock vs stock, but they still suck ****. I would go European before lowering myself to buy an American Car. I can't think of a single car (even the Viper) that would come close to a japanese car in quality. Face it American's blow making cars. We however have great basketball, football, and baseball teams. They all break and give major problems. Not to mention with unlimited funds available to both parties. The japanese car will always prevail. Were the American car will end up "caped". Actually everything I've been blaberin' about is my own opinion. Its not fact, its just what I think. My 2 cents, you know? DEATH TO AMERICAN CARS! OLD AND NEW! FAST OR SLOW!
If the USA REALLY wanted to make the best cars in the world, we easily could. We have the most advanced military in the world, and the most technology in the medical department. The only reason US cars tend to be on the cheap side is becuase it's more cost effective to import cars. The USA ownz all other countries as far as technology is concerned.

You should have put your statements in the codes [Fear of Dave B.] [/Fear of Dave B.]...good thing he hasn't seen this thread

As far as your comments about all american cars being crap..come on. Have you ever seen the inside of a Vette? They are the leaders of their catagory. There aren't many cars that will outhandle a Vette z06. As far as the Vipers...they just plain kick ***.

IMHO, I would rather have a late 90's -2k+ V8 muscle car then my Maxima. Just the sound of a 4.6L or 5.7L is enough to convert me. RWD + VERY mod friendly makes for cheap speed. Besides you KNOW chicks dig well done-up mustangs/camaro's over maxima's. However, I'd take my max over most of those cars...now if the Maxima was RWD I would be a very happy little boy.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

If the USA REALLY wanted to make the best cars in the world, we easily could. We have the most advanced military in the world, and the most technology in the medical department. The only reason US cars tend to be on the cheap side is becuase it's more cost effective to import cars. The USA ownz all other countries as far as technology is concerned.

You should have put your statements in the codes [Fear of Dave B.] [/Fear of Dave B.]...good thing he hasn't seen this thread

As far as your comments about all american cars being crap..come on. Have you ever seen the inside of a Vette? They are the leaders of their catagory. There aren't many cars that will outhandle a Vette z06. As far as the Vipers...they just plain kick ***.

IMHO, I would rather have a late 90's -2k+ V8 muscle car then my Maxima. Just the sound of a 4.6L or 5.7L is enough to convert me. RWD + VERY mod friendly makes for cheap speed. Besides you KNOW chicks dig well done-up mustangs/camaro's over maxima's. However, I'd take my max over most of those cars...now if the Maxima was RWD I would be a very happy little boy.
I agree with you, I'm just very ignorant when it comes to domestics. Plus I really hate the guzzling noise the V8s make. Its like you can hear them gulping gasoline! I rather hear a zippy RX-7's whizzin turbo roll by rather than a gurglin' V8. But for the most part I agree with you.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:57 PM

Hm...I think I got to take some pics of my setup one of these days for you guys. My car looks very low. Ride is rougher, but come on, you kind of expected that. However, it's not too rough to the point of unbearable. Then again, I live in New Orleans aka Pot Hole city, so that doesn't help. If you guys don't mind me having ugly stock 15" SE wheels, I'll take some pics when I get a chance.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Hm...I think I got to take some pics of my setup one of these days for you guys. My car looks very low. Ride is rougher, but come on, you kind of expected that. However, it's not too rough to the point of unbearable. Then again, I live in New Orleans aka Pot Hole city, so that doesn't help. If you guys don't mind me having ugly stock 15" SE wheels, I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

Michael you got your settings at full stiff too dont forget!!
handles nice though, I barely hit potholes over here is nice and smooth thinking of going to GCs. What do you think?

see we are influencing other members to go down 2inches, the car looks nicely dropped at 2 inches!!

Vyrus quit debating or thinking about cutting the rear coil, JUST DO IT!!!
make sure you let us know!!
Old 08-08-2002, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by JAY25

Michael you got your settings at full stiff too dont forget!!
handles nice though, I barely hit potholes over here is nice and smooth thinking of going to GCs. What do you think?

Actually I have them on full soft now. The front rides pretty good, but the rear is a bit stiff. As far as GCs, I would do it if I live there. So go for it!