4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what else with nitrous express kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 07:05 PM

what else with nitrous express kit?

Tomorrow I'm planning on buying and installing the nitrous express import kit that comes with 35, 50, and 100 shot sprays. What all should I think about getting besides just the kit? Purge valve? I don't know what to get. Is it necessary that I upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump and also buy a fuel pressure regulator? I thought it was unlikely until reading a lot of stuff I searched for. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, how hard is the install on this kit? Any problems or anything I shoudl know about? Thanks a lot.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:06 PM

I'm sorry, that's 35, 50, and 75 shot I believe.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Banned

Re: what else with nitrous express kit?

Originally posted by jaxima
Tomorrow I'm planning on buying and installing the nitrous express import kit that comes with 35, 50, and 100 shot sprays. What all should I think about getting besides just the kit? Purge valve? I don't know what to get. Is it necessary that I upgrade to a Walbro 255 fuel pump and also buy a fuel pressure regulator? I thought it was unlikely until reading a lot of stuff I searched for. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, how hard is the install on this kit? Any problems or anything I shoudl know about? Thanks a lot.
There is a lot of stuff you can get, I have the gauge, heater, purge valve, EGT and blowdown tube. You don't need all that stuff but its nice to have.

You need the EGT gauge and also I would get a FP gauge. With it you can ensure you are keeping your pressure up at around 43 which is the stock pressure for WOT and where it should stay when on the bottle.

You can get by with the stock fuel pump much easier with NX because you don't have to increase the fuel pressure like NOS so the flow remains higher because of that.

I don't think I would go much higher than 75 with the stock pump but I ran a 13.6 last week with mine on a 75 so its pretty good.

Install is pretty easy, about the same as for NOS. You have to tie into the fuel line after the filter for the fuel solenoid tee but that is about the only added step. Oh ya the tee they give you won't work on the 5/16 Max fuel line you will have to buy one.

Good Luck
Jim
Old 08-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

NX is a wet kit so you do not need the 255lph walbro. It will be a good idea to get the 190lph walbro though. You do not need aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. I would get a bottle warmer and a nitrous bottle pressure gauge. Since you are asking these basic questions, I would suggest you let a pro install the kit.