4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

can YOU help me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

can YOU help me?

I have many mods done to my car and i don't seem to think it is running right. I have a intake, pully, y-pipe, and a b-pipe. I pretty much had all of this stuff put on at the same time. When i got my car back it seemed to scream. I would hit the gas and the tires would just light up. This only lasted one day because all of a sudden I noticed my car was not running as well. I looked down at my gauges and my service engine soon light was on. I took my car to a good mechanic and he said nothing was wrong with the car and the computer had just tripped a harmless code(he said it related to my gas cap, but i had not gotten gas in days from when the light went off) If anyone has any info on why my car is running so sluggish i would appreciate some feedback. My car only has 46,000 miles on it. I can not even beat my girlfriends 6cyl 2000 Firebird. It is a real embarassment, i have even thought about selling my car.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

We are going to need WAY more info than "I have mods, I dont think my car is running right"

Please describe exactly what the problem is.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:59 AM

Hmmm, I'm gonna take long shot here but maybe your mechanic didn't check the codes right or if it's the gas cap then I don't know. By your car running sluggish, it sort of remindes me of a bad O2 sensor and I do know (by working at a Nissan Dealer) that the 4th gen max's had problems with their O2's. I believe they recalled them because there was a bulletin in the shop about it. You may want to check in to that. Hope this helps you diagnose the problem. Good luck if not.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:13 PM

Firebirds arnt exactly slow cars... They are fast you know... family car vs american race car... I never expect my maxima to beat anything cause I know its slow. unless its a civic...
Old 09-09-2002, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by darksands
Firebirds arnt exactly slow cars... They are fast you know... family car vs american race car... I never expect my maxima to beat anything cause I know its slow. unless its a civic...
v6 american cars = shiet. Maybe it's your knock sensor.