4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What's up with Budget now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 11:53 PM
JsL

What's up with Budget now?

I remember a while back when Budegetexhaust had a group deal, a lot of people jumped on it. After everyone installed it, they got a nasty bees in the can noise. Has anyone bought one lately? How does it sound?

What do you guys think I should get: Warpspeed Performance aluminized Ypipe, Budget Ypipe or a Frankencar intake with Apexi filter?

WSP: Trouble with shipping things on time, but haven't heard many people complain about the gains or the sound.

Budget: Can't beat the price at all, but the bees in the can sound worries me.

Frankencar: The apexi has been known as the best filter, but for 175, thats a lot for a filter and midpipe and this will yeild the least gains.

Thanks guys...and sorry for such a newbie question
Old 09-20-2002, 01:59 AM

Re: What's up with Budget now?

Originally posted by JsL
I remember a while back when Budegetexhaust had a group deal, a lot of people jumped on it. After everyone installed it, they got a nasty bees in the can noise. Has anyone bought one lately? How does it sound?

What do you guys think I should get: Warpspeed Performance aluminized Ypipe, Budget Ypipe or a Frankencar intake with Apexi filter?

WSP: Trouble with shipping things on time, but haven't heard many people complain about the gains or the sound.

Budget: Can't beat the price at all, but the bees in the can sound worries me.

Frankencar: The apexi has been known as the best filter, but for 175, thats a lot for a filter and midpipe and this will yeild the least gains.

Thanks guys...and sorry for such a newbie question
i just went with warpspeed. ordered the ss about a week ago. should be here next week(praying atleast). good luck either way.i have a frankencar on my car now with a k&n filter. i love it. sounds great at wot. anyway, good luck
Old 09-20-2002, 02:06 AM

I just installed my Frankencar...lovin the sound too. As for the Budget Y, I recently put that in too, and I don't think there is a bee's in a can noise from what I can hear....the intake drowns it out if there is a noise n e wayz
Old 09-20-2002, 02:25 AM

Originally posted by Shoooter_j
I just installed my Frankencar...lovin the sound too. As for the Budget Y, I recently put that in too, and I don't think there is a bee's in a can noise from what I can hear....the intake drowns it out if there is a noise n e wayz
do u have a b pipe as well, or no? if so, did you go with resonated? do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
Old 09-20-2002, 06:14 AM

Budget works fine

I installed a Budget "Y" myself and have had no problems at all. No difference in sound. No "bees in a can" at all. I have about 5000 miles since the install.
I have had a great experience dealing with Budget. No problems.
I have read some threads where people have have problems but not me. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you get.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:27 AM

budget is good because u get teh ss version for less that wsp aluminized
Old 09-20-2002, 08:09 AM

I took over a fellow org's Budget exhaust system in a swap/sale arrangement. It included Budget's y-pipe which I hear no "bees-in-the-can" sound. The pipe is 5 months old now. Most of the noise is still from my jwt pop.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:35 AM

I bought my budget y through the group deal. I was having a nasty bees in can noise when first taking off, which is now almost totally gone. It did give the car a nice low deep growl at low rpms. I was worried at first because of the noise, I was going to put some header wrap around the flex section but now I'm not even worried about it. Maybe it just had to "break in" or something :shrug
Old 09-20-2002, 09:40 AM
living out of a maxima...

I buy Heinz ketchup, because shoprite brand tastes like crap.

When I buy a y-pipe, it's going to be the Warpspeed one.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by JeffesonM
I buy Heinz ketchup, because shoprite brand tastes like crap.

When I buy a y-pipe, it's going to be the Warpspeed one.
"I buy Heinz ketchup, because shoprite brand tastes like crap.

When I buy a 4-door sports sedan, it's going to be the BMW M5 one."

Does that sound kind of silly? If the name brand that costs so much more is so much better than the cheaper alternative, why are you driving a Maxima? When a budget can be had for SOOOO much less money, and produces the same hp gains, it would not be an unwise choice to get the budget. I have seen a few posts where you toss out "well when I get it it is going to be the 'shiznit'"....

You don't have it yet....
Old 09-20-2002, 10:20 AM
!OG SNES OG!

OWNED

Originally posted by fst96se

Does that sound kind of silly? If the name brand that costs so much more is so much better than the cheaper alternative, why are you driving a Maxima? When a budget can be had for SOOOO much less money, and produces the same hp gains, it would not be an unwise choice to get the budget. I have seen a few posts where you toss out "well when I get it it is going to be the 'shiznit'"....

You don't have it yet....

Mike
Old 09-20-2002, 11:12 AM

do u have a b pipe as well, or no? if so, did you go with resonated? do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
I have a stock '96 exhaust for now. My Apex WS should be here soon tho *crosses fingers*.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:16 AM
JsL

I live in San Francisco, so Im not worried about the aluminized y rusting due to road salts. The 225 alum. WSP is still really appealing to me, but i cannot overlook the 175 budget. The fact that many ppl with budget pipes responded makes me feel a little more safe buying the budget. Thanx for everyone's input. BTW...I've seen snow 5 times in my life...but I can see the beach everyday if i wanted too
Old 09-20-2002, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Shoooter_j

I have a stock '96 exhaust for now. My Apex WS should be here soon tho *crosses fingers*.
You'll have to let us know how it sounds when you get it installed (now that you have y-pipe in place). Omega found the sound of his y-pipe & some kind of aftermarket muffler to be too loud for his liking. Hope your combo will work out to your liking!
Old 09-20-2002, 11:30 AM

yikes...me too Stygian! The Apex (so i've read) is one of the more quieter exhausts, but with the budget, who knows lol
Old 09-20-2002, 11:43 AM
!OG SNES OG!

You make me sick

Originally posted by JsL
I live in San Francisco, so Im not worried about the aluminized y rusting due to road salts. The 225 alum. WSP is still really appealing to me, but i cannot overlook the 175 budget. The fact that many ppl with budget pipes responded makes me feel a little more safe buying the budget. Thanx for everyone's input. BTW...I've seen snow 5 times in my life...but I can see the beach everyday if i wanted too
You people and your "I've never seen snow" or "I've seen snow five times in my life"...

Grr... no wonder Canadian Maximas are at a disadvantage... We have to buy snow tires, shovels and all that **** that takes away from money we could be spending on mods...

Jealous.

Mike
Old 09-20-2002, 11:49 AM

its so tru
Old 09-20-2002, 11:55 AM

Re: You make me sick

Originally posted by Blaxxxima

You people and your "I've never seen snow" or "I've seen snow five times in my life"...

Grr... no wonder Canadian Maximas are at a disadvantage... We have to buy snow tires, shovels and all that **** that takes away from money we could be spending on mods...

Jealous.

Mike
The small consolation for having to put up with the snow is VLSD in ours Maxs! Ya baby!
Old 09-20-2002, 12:14 PM
CJP

I've had my budget y-pipe for about 3 months now. Been great, no noises.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:53 PM

The small consolation for having to put up with the snow is VLSD in ours Maxs!
Well I guess I really got the short end of the stick. I live in WI where it snows 4 months a year AND I'm in the US so no VLSD....... Man I need to move.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:33 PM

I got a Budget Y. No problems here. Fits and works great.
Here is my answer to the Frankencar intake with the Apexi filter. I got sick & tired of waiting for it, so I built one myself. Save myself quite a few bucks too.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=153042
Old 09-23-2002, 07:53 AM

If the name brand that costs so much more is so much better than the cheaper alternative, why are you driving a Maxima?
Ummm... maybe because I'm 19 and I have to buy my own car. If I had ohh, around $100,000 to drop on a BMW M5 than I think I'd probably be on mpower.net or whatever that site is.

And I think the price difference between a $175 budget pipe vs. $225 warpspeed pipe is a little more mangeable than the difference between a $20,000 car and a $100,000 car.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:04 AM

Ummm... maybe because I'm 19 and I have to buy my own car. If I had ohh, around $100,000 to drop on a BMW M5 than I think I'd probably be on mpower.net or whatever that site is.

And I think the price difference between a $175 budget pipe vs. $225 warpspeed pipe is a little more mangeable than the difference between a $20,000 car and a $100,000 car.

So, what you are saying is, you are on a budget?? You don't have the money to buy the nicest name brand vehicle? THat proves my point! For less money, you can accomplish the same thing within reason! For many of us, the $50 might actually make a difference, especially when that $50 will net you no more gains. Myself, I am not 18....I am 26 years old, but am married, recently built a new home, have an 8 month old baby boy, have REAL financial obligations like a 401k, Roth IRA, MSA, and several Savings CD's to contribute each month. Not to mention the quarterly estimated tax payments that I make for my small business....

So, even though some of us aren't 19 years old like you are, $50 still makes a difference.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:19 AM

Well I'm sorry you got married, got a house and got a kid. I agree you should probably take care of these before you buy a y-pipe for your car. I too have a 401k, but I don't think CDs are a particularly good investment.

And of course I'm on a budget! If I wasn't on a budget I'd have an unlimited source of money and would already have my y-pipe. I'm just saying my budget has room for the extra $50 (3 hrs work, after taxes) to pay for a quality item.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:26 AM

Well I'm sorry you got married, got a house and got a kid. I agree you should probably take care of these before you buy a y-pipe for your car. I too have a 401k, but I don't think CDs are a particularly good investment.

And of course I'm on a budget! If I wasn't on a budget I'd have an unlimited source of money and would already have my y-pipe. I'm just saying my budget has room for the extra $50 (3 hrs work, after taxes) to pay for a quality item.

You obviously haven't made it to the wicked world of salaries yet, have you?

The 4% my cd's have been making over the last two years I am sure have outperformed your weasly 401k...

If you have averaged 4% growth per year on your 401k in the last two years, I want to know what you are invested in...I don't beleive it. The CPA firm that I work full time for has an investment advisory branch, and guess what....4% didn't happen.

Oh, and my wife, kid and house mean a WHOLE lot more to me than a stupid warpspeed y pipe!!

Oh, and you are 19, participating in a 401k? Most companies have a 21 year old minimum. I have actually done pension audits on several major corporations this summer, and all have a 21 year old minimum...
Old 09-23-2002, 08:41 AM

Oh, and my wife, kid and house mean a WHOLE lot more to me than a stupid warpspeed y pipe!!
I hear ya buddy! Like you, I also have a house to take care of, one very understanding wifey & 2 kids which/who all need to be taken care of before personal driving pleasures. Our Max started off as a "bland" family car & it's now a family car with some real attitude!
Old 09-23-2002, 08:52 AM

You obviously haven't made it to the wicked world of salaries yet, have you?

The 4% my cd's have been making over the last two years I am sure have outperformed your weasly 401k...

If you have averaged 4% growth per year on your 401k in the last two years, I want to know what you are invested in...I don't beleive it. The CPA firm that I work full time for has an investment advisory branch, and guess what....4% didn't happen.

Oh, and you are 19, participating in a 401k? Most companies have a 21 year old minimum. I have actually done pension audits on several major corporations this summer, and all have a 21 year old minimum...
Okay man, you "won" here too... got a hard-on yet? And thanks, but I do make a salary and it's not to shabby for a 19-year old high school graduate.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:00 AM

Okay man, you "won" here too... got a hard-on yet? And thanks, but I do make a salary and it's not to shabby for a 19-year old high school graduate.

You know what? I thought you said that you were going to work overtime, but I read your post wrong!

If you are making better than $18 an hour 1 year out of high school, more power to ya! That actaully isn't too bad! Well, that may depend on the cost of living index where you live, but regardless, $18 an hour out high school is good!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:05 AM

You know what? I thought you said that you were going to work overtime, but I read your post wrong!

If you are making better than $18 an hour 1 year out of high school, more power to ya! That actaully isn't too bad! Well, that may depend on the cost of living index where you live, but regardless, $18 an hour out high school is good!
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2002, 02:41 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Awww.. they kissed and made up!

Now we can get back to what the thread was originally intended for in the first place

Good job on working it out and stopping the flaming! Much appreciated, and much respect due. That's what this .ORG is about

Mike
Old 09-23-2002, 02:43 PM

Re: Awww.. they kissed and made up!

Now we can get back to what the thread was originally intended for in the first place

Good job on working it out and stopping the flaming! Much appreciated, and much respect due. That's what this .ORG is about

Mike
Hey, it all works out when I win..... J/k!!
Old 09-23-2002, 02:52 PM

Re: Re: Awww.. they kissed and made up!

i am glad that you two stopped arguing. for a minute, i forgot what the post was about!!! anyway, i went warpspeed. the speed shop around me tried to push stillen! hell no. anyway, i saw warpspeed as an intermediate between stillen and budget. not saying that there is anything wrong with either. it's just that stillen is too high priced. nothing really wrong with budget. anyway, i am supposed to receive the wpspd b and y in the mail this week. i called today. let's see what happens(pray for me that i get it on time)
Old 09-23-2002, 02:54 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Actually I had it:

19 Year old Punk - 1
26 Year old Married chump - 0

lol

j/k! Good on both of ya! But remember, 19 Year Old Punk - to be successful like 26 year old Married Chump, you should attend college. Employers of choice look for this in job candidates. LOL

I'll stop whoring this thread now

Mike
Old 09-23-2002, 02:54 PM

I wanted to find the little smiley giving two middle fingers, but I can't find it!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 03:44 PM

Dental Stud is selling his Warpseed Y for $125...

Check out the for sale forum...
Old 09-23-2002, 05:07 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Re: Re: Re: Awww.. they kissed and made up!

I wanted to find the little smiley giving two middle fingers, but I can't find it!!!
Fug it, couldn't find it either... lol
Mike
Old 09-23-2002, 05:24 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Much Love Brotha! LOL

Who's your daddy!
Old 09-23-2002, 05:34 PM

so how do I do it, damnit???
Old 09-23-2002, 06:34 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Daddy says:

so how do I do it, damnit???
I give you a linky, then you post as an image (cut and paste - trial and error)
http://www.tnfj.com/Downloads/smilies.html

Lots of smilies

Mike
Old 09-24-2002, 07:16 AM

Re: Daddy says:

I give you a linky, then you post as an image (cut and paste - trial and error)
http://www.tnfj.com/Downloads/smilies.html

Lots of smilies

Mike

Quick Reply: What's up with Budget now?