4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Might trade in Max for Dakota.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 11:27 AM

Might trade in Max for Dakota.

I love my car but I love this truck. I work for a Ford dealership, and they just got in a 2000 Dodge Dakota quad cab(has the v8 too with custom dual exhaust with tailpipes behind each rear tire..loud as $hit). It is fully loaded minus leather. I just drove it and man that thing has some serious *****!! They are asking ~15k for it but since I work here he said I can get it for ~12k. I am going to take the max up there after work and if he can at least give me even trade that beast is mine! The only problem is it has fugly aftermarket wheels that look kinda redneck, I shouldn't have a problem trading those for some SLT or R/t wheels. What do yoose guys think?
Old 09-21-2002, 11:32 AM

Do you need a car or a truck more?
Old 09-21-2002, 11:36 AM

Originally posted by voltman
Do you need a car or a truck more?
I used to have a truck and I really miss having one....except this one is a whole lot nicer than the old '83 F100.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:36 AM

yea haw Wilbur... you gonna gets ya a redneck truck wit dual exhaust and sum offset wheels and some lowpro tires. the truck is nice... but those wheels and tires are a joke. GET ALONG LIL' DOGGY
Old 09-21-2002, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by JMAXIMA
yea haw Wilbur... you gonna gets ya a redneck truck wit dual exhaust and sum offset wheels and some lowpro tires. the truck is nice... but those wheels and tires are a joke. GET ALONG LIL' DOGGY

Yeah Jon, either I get rid of those wheels and tires, or think about investing in some nascar stickers.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:43 PM

nascar lol
Old 09-21-2002, 01:47 PM

Re: Might trade in Max for Dakota.

Originally posted by KINGMAX
I love my car but I love this truck. I work for a Ford dealership, and they just got in a 2000 Dodge Dakota quad cab(has the v8 too with custom dual exhaust with tailpipes behind each rear tire..loud as $hit). It is fully loaded minus leather. I just drove it and man that thing has some serious *****!! They are asking ~15k for it but since I work here he said I can get it for ~12k. I am going to take the max up there after work and if he can at least give me even trade that beast is mine! The only problem is it has fugly aftermarket wheels that look kinda redneck, I shouldn't have a problem trading those for some SLT or R/t wheels. What do yoose guys think?
Keep comments like that to yourself, you sicko! Get outtah heah! You're a disgrace to this board.......a truck......ha!
Old 09-21-2002, 02:13 PM

Re: Re: Might trade in Max for Dakota.

Originally posted by Chino

Keep comments like that to yourself, you sicko! Get outtah heah! You're a disgrace to this board.......a truck......ha!

Nissan comercial"dogs love trucks"
Old 09-21-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Might trade in Max for Dakota.

Nissan comercial"dogs love trucks"
Hehe, hey at the end of the day. Do what you really want to do. Its your happiness that counts to yourself. Screw what all of us say. If you want a minivan go ahead get one. Make yourself happy. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Maxima91

Re: Re: Re: Re: Might trade in Max for Dakota.

Originally posted by Chino

Hehe, hey at the end of the day. Do what you really want to do. Its your happiness that counts to yourself. Screw what all of us say. If you want a minivan go ahead get one. Make yourself happy. Good luck.
ya.. all dodge trucks are fugly, the hood is soo nasty, y in the hell would you want one? the only nice looking truck IMO is the Chev s10, looks nice dopped with wheels

Old 09-21-2002, 05:57 PM

if you're gonna get a truck at least get a Ford Lightning.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:01 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Why are people hating on trucks? I love trucks, There are few trucks I'd rather have than my I30 (which says a lot because I love my car). Although Dodge is the my least favorite.
ditto on the lightning.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:24 PM

I rented a 2001 Dakota 4.7(?) liter with auto trans and thought it had nice power but it got 14-15 mpg. The shocks were too soft for the springs so you'd sorta launch coming out of dips in the road. Even though it only had about 20k miles, the rotors were warped, which I've read is very common with Dodge. The 5.7 liter models only have like 10 more hp, but a lot more torque and probably get 10 mpg.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:56 AM

i wanted a v8 dakota so bad.

we had a minivan, my maxima, a 97 rodeo. the van was my dad's for work, the max is mine, the rodeo is my brother's. i took my max to school, the rodeo stayed home to tow my dad's ugly little bass boat (my brother doesn't need a car at school anyway). So the rodeo gets totaled and we need a new vehicle to tow the boat with and i'm like, "It would probably be cheaper in the long run to just get a new regular cab pickup truck than a used 70k mile SUV" and they go, "not a bad idea..." My brother liked the ranger, my dad and I called it ugly and weak. Full-sized trucks were too big and bulky... but the dakota was just right. "Hey dad, the dakota has this sweet 4.7 liter v8" he excitedly replies "really?" "yeah, hauls ***" "mmmm..."

but we bought a new rodeo instead, b/c of the monstrous warranty.

but if jesus had a truck, a v8 dakota would be it.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:44 AM

If you lookin for speed, if its the 5.2 they arent any faster then the max. My friend has one and it has cowl induction hood, and a few other mods and he runs 15.6.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:54 PM

If you really miss driving a truck, don't get a Dakota. Get something nice like a new Silverado, better yet...JUST KEEP YOUR MAXIMA!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:24 AM

Well those bastards were asking more for it than I thought, and I didn't think about trade in value of my car. Oh well. Why are you guys telling me to get a lightning...you going to pay for it? Believe me if I had the money I would have one. And Dodge doesn't offer the 5.2 in the Dakota like they do in the Durango, just the 4.7 and the 5.9(R/t). IMO the Durango is the perfect balance between a full size and compact truck, nobody offers better engine options in its class, and the cabs of the dodge trucks are much more astheticly pleasing than the other two american competitors( not everly plasticly). Just my .02. Probably better I kept the max anyway, that truck had awfully high milage for its age.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:40 PM

Well those bastards were asking more for it than I thought, and I didn't think about trade in value of my car. Oh well. Why are you guys telling me to get a lightning...you going to pay for it? Believe me if I had the money I would have one. And Dodge doesn't offer the 5.2 in the Dakota like they do in the Durango, just the 4.7 and the 5.9(R/t). IMO the Durango is the perfect balance between a full size and compact truck, nobody offers better engine options in its class, and the cabs of the dodge trucks are much more astheticly pleasing than the other two american competitors( not everly plasticly). Just my .02. Probably better I kept the max anyway, that truck had awfully high milage for its age.
just don't trust the salesmen....
Old 09-23-2002, 10:33 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Might trade in Max for Dakota.

Trucks/SUVs
Old 09-24-2002, 06:41 AM

i wish i had a truck or suv...just to much money...i personally like both, the dakota is just a gas *****.