4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

this website help my friend get money back from a service

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 08:37 PM

this website help my friend get money back from a service

A friend of mine has a 97 SE maxima. He was telling me that the alternator went out so he had it replaced. He thought it was strange so I told him check this website and do a search on alternator recalls. Of course he had never heard of this website. He found that his car had an alternator recall!!!!
I just talked to him today and the dealer is giving him a refund for the service. very cool
Old 09-23-2002, 09:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: this website help my friend get money back from a service

Originally posted by 95maximase
A friend of mine has a 97 SE maxima. He was telling me that the alternator went out so he had it replaced. He thought it was strange so I told him check this website and do a search on alternator recalls. Of course he had never heard of this website. He found that his car had an alternator recall!!!!
I just talked to him today and the dealer is giving him a refund for the service. very cool
I love stories with happy endings.

-Sryth...
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
'98 SE 5spd, Pebble Beige, PRCAI, Stillen Y, Stillen FSTB, ACT clutch.
Pacesetter STS to be installed this week!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:38 PM

Has anyone gone in for the service, their VIN number match the recall, and get told that their Alternator didn't need replacing? Thats what happened to me.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:36 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

same thing here! my friend's 97 was affected and this was AFTER the recall, yet they still charged him the moola for it. He told me that his car costed him a ****load to replace the alternator and i remembered the discussion we (ORG) had on the board about it. Well I told him that there was a recall on it and i called Nissan and blah blah, found out his car was affected, went back to the dealership and I personally *****ed em out for trying to fool my friend and not tellin him about the recall so the manager gave him a free chrome license plate cover plus full refund from Nissan Damn but i want the cover tho lol