4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Built custom racing parts for VQ30DE engines...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 10:52 AM

Built custom racing parts for VQ30DE engines...

...as I am about to build my engine, I was just wondering if anyone else was interested in getting custom built parts. From my research, the VQ30DET internals are simply not worth the time and effort, especially if you plan on turning up the boost past 18 psi.

We know that JWT is going to make the billet cams, I was talking to IMPO to make Formula Monza titanium rods, Arias or CP Performance for the steel or titanium (btw, BIG price difference between the two) pistons. The crankshaft can be modified to handle the boost, knife edging and cryo-treatment, I'm told.

So if anyone is interested, let me know. I'd like to setup a group deal if there is legitimate interest. If not, I plan on buying all this crap anyways.

-A
Old 09-24-2002, 10:53 AM
Administrator

if the price is right i am in
Old 09-24-2002, 11:43 AM

Re: Built custom racing parts for VQ30DE engines...

Originally posted by avalon42
...as I am about to build my engine, I was just wondering if anyone else was interested in getting custom built parts. From my research, the VQ30DET internals are simply not worth the time and effort, especially if you plan on turning up the boost past 18 psi.

We know that JWT is going to make the billet cams, I was talking to IMPO to make Formula Monza titanium rods, Arias or CP Performance for the steel or titanium (btw, BIG price difference between the two) pistons. The crankshaft can be modified to handle the boost, knife edging and cryo-treatment, I'm told.

So if anyone is interested, let me know. I'd like to setup a group deal if there is legitimate interest. If not, I plan on buying all this crap anyways.

-A
how about a s/c??? i keep hearing that the v2's are kinda flawed up pretty bad