4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Horse Power

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 01:16 PM

Horse Power

how much horse power can u gain by adding a turbo or a S/C?
i know there was a post already but i cant seem to find it
if anyone could link me the thread or tell me what to type in for the search, or even just answer it would help alot thanx
Old 10-12-2002, 02:00 PM

Re: Horse Power

Originally posted by 95nissanMax
if anyone could link me the thread or tell me what to type in for the search, or even just answer it would help alot thanx
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ger+horsepower
Old 10-12-2002, 02:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I gained 120hp.

3.25" Pulley, Tuned A/F, MEVI+Y-Pipe
Old 10-12-2002, 02:38 PM

die
Old 10-12-2002, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by JeepRage
die
you can expect to gain about 80HP from the stillen S/C........but it can vary
Old 10-12-2002, 03:16 PM

I gained a little too! . I have no pulley!
Old 10-12-2002, 09:32 PM

Yeah, nice gains from a turbo... yet no 1/4 times
Old 10-12-2002, 10:09 PM

Re: Horse Power

Originally posted by 95nissanMax
this is a clear example of how the 4th gen fourm has gone to ****
Old 10-12-2002, 10:22 PM

Re: Re: Horse Power

Originally posted by FameMax

this is a clear example of how the 4th gen fourm has gone to ****
Old 10-12-2002, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
Yeah, nice gains from a turbo... yet no 1/4 times
Why so many people have obsessions about 1/4 mile times, I have no idea! The skill of the driver can account for multiple seconds, a dyno removes this. Anyway, this thread is about horse power gains! Notice I didn't post in 1/4 mile times? "no 1/4 times ", no 5 speed, no turbo?, no talk
Old 10-12-2002, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by turbo97SE

Why so many people have obsessions about 1/4 mile times, I have no idea! The skill of the driver can account for multiple seconds, a dyno removes this. Anyway, this thread is about horse power gains! Notice I didn't post in 1/4 mile times? "no 1/4 times ", no 5 speed, no turbo?, no talk
Yeah, true. But I guess everyone is just anxious to see you run, Nigel.

Say, you got that MEVI installed on your Max yet?

-A
Old 10-12-2002, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by avalon42

Yeah, true. But I guess everyone is just anxious to see you run, Nigel.

Say, you got that MEVI installed on your Max yet?

-A
Well, I am in Taiwan right now, so no more chance of running until next year unless I go down to Pueblo. The FEVI is installed, I hate calling it the "ME" VI cos it's not from the middle east, it's from the Far East (Japan). I just need to hook up an RPM swtich, stick it on the dyno and I am done! I really don't have an interest in putting my car on the track. So what if it goes fast in a straight line? Actually, I don't have much interest in dynoing either, but I still do only cos it's 5 minutes from my house! For the track, I have to drive an hour or so, sometimes in traffic. I'll probably do it some day, but I'm in no hurry!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:02 AM

i agree with you somewhat but then again just because a car puts down 300 horsepower on the dyno doesnt mean much. what if it is a 6000 lb Bently with 300 HP? that car wouldnt be very quick. dynos and 1/4 times supplement eachother.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by Newman

i agree with you somewhat but then again just because a car puts down 300 horsepower on the dyno doesnt mean much. what if it is a 6000 lb Bently with 300 HP? that car wouldnt be very quick. dynos and 1/4 times supplement eachother.
Once again, this thread is about HP ... and my 4th gen weighs just a little more than most 4th gens because of turbo and I/C. If we were comparing with different types of cars as you say, I would agree with you. As it is, I don't!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:46 AM

this was the dumbest damn reply i have ever read(almost)! we don't drive P.O.S. Bentley's. yes, i said P.O.S. our cars are just about half the weight of either a bentley, or rolls royce, if you will. the point is, a max pumping out 300 hp with a turbo is a pretty strong max!!! leave it at that. how about a little mazda miata pumping out 300 horses!?!?!?! that car would be quick as hell, but it weighs a lot less than a max. we are on a maxima forum!!!!!! not a honda, mazda, bentley, chevy forum
Old 10-13-2002, 07:02 AM

Originally posted by maximamoose

this was the dumbest damn reply i have ever read(almost)! we don't drive P.O.S. Bentley's. yes, i said P.O.S. our cars are just about half the weight of either a bentley, or rolls royce, if you will. the point is, a max pumping out 300 hp with a turbo is a pretty strong max!!! leave it at that. how about a little mazda miata pumping out 300 horses!?!?!?! that car would be quick as hell, but it weighs a lot less than a max. we are on a maxima forum!!!!!! not a honda, mazda, bentley, chevy forum
I think he was referring to the fact that a bently weighing more with the same hp as a max, the max is quicker, and he would like to see how fast 300hp makes our cars. Actually, the same thing you just said, so I would read a little closer next time before you insult someone and call it a dumb reply.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:31 AM

Well, I am in Taiwan right now, so no more chance of running until next year unless I go down to Pueblo. The FEVI is installed, I hate calling it the "ME" VI cos it's not from the middle east, it's from the Far East (Japan). I just need to hook up an RPM swtich, stick it on the dyno and I am done! I really don't have an interest in putting my car on the track. So what if it goes fast in a straight line? Actually, I don't have much interest in dynoing either, but I still do only cos it's 5 minutes from my house! For the track, I have to drive an hour or so, sometimes in traffic. I'll probably do it some day, but I'm in no hurry!
Don't waste your time, no one cares what you run

your kit cant compare to harolds

Why so many people have obsessions about 1/4 mile times, I have no idea! The skill of the driver can account for multiple seconds, a dyno removes this.
We all know you cant drive, glad to see you can finally accept that.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:56 AM

Dude, I'd watch what you say about Bentley's. They are pretty nice cars, especially the engines. Not many manufacturers leave their engine blocks out for five years for warpage problems. That's why the Bentley can go over 1 million miles with common sense auto care.

Plus I can think of several Bentleys right now that could spank a 4th gen pretty hard...

-A
Old 10-13-2002, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by avalon42

Dude, I'd watch what you say about Bentley's. They are pretty nice cars, especially the engines. Not many manufacturers leave their engine blocks out for five years for warpage problems. That's why the Bentley can go over 1 million miles with common sense auto care.

Plus I can think of several Bentleys right now that could spank a 4th gen pretty hard...

-A
yeah for real.. and he wants to tell us how awsome a maxima is with 300 hp... im sorry but im tired of asuming... Prove it

When people ask, how fast does a turbo kit make a maxima...all you really can say is...i dont know
Old 10-13-2002, 01:36 PM

are you joking me? that was simply of an example of why 1/4 times are a good indicator of a car's performance. i was saying that just because a car puts out a certain amount of horsepower doesnt mean that it is quick. i said bently because i know they are extremely heavy cars and it proved my point.

yes a maxima putting out 300 HP is a pretty stong maxima but a little mitata (c. 2300 lbs)that only puts out 275 hp will be faster than a 300 hp maxima (c. 3200 lbs) even though the maxima has more horsepower. that was my point.

turbo97se was arguing that 1/4 times dont necessarily show a car's performance perfectly because of driver variations. and i was arguing that dynos do not show a car's performance perfectly because of weight and other factors. each on their own have their down falls.

understand now?
Old 10-13-2002, 01:38 PM

Once again, this thread is about HP ... and my 4th gen weighs just a little more than most 4th gens because of turbo and I/C. If we were comparing with different types of cars as you say, I would agree with you. As it is, I don't!
the thread is about horsepower, yes. but your specific statement was about 1/4 times as well. as my last post said. i was only saying that both the 1/4 and dynos by themselves do not accurately tell you how a car will perform.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:04 PM

are you joking me? that was simply of an example of why 1/4 times are a good indicator of a car's performance. i was saying that just because a car puts out a certain amount of horsepower doesnt mean that it is quick. i said bently because i know they are extremely heavy cars and it proved my point.

yes a maxima putting out 300 HP is a pretty stong maxima but a little mitata (c. 2300 lbs)that only puts out 275 hp will be faster than a 300 hp maxima (c. 3200 lbs) even though the maxima has more horsepower. that was my point.

turbo97se was arguing that 1/4 times dont necessarily show a car's performance perfectly because of driver variations. and i was arguing that dynos do not show a car's performance perfectly because of weight and other factors. each on their own have their down falls.

understand now?
You do have a very good point, but were just want to see times, why should anyone spend over 4000, and have no clue how fast, or what to exspect from an item...would you? We all know that Nigel might not be able to pull in the best run on his maxima, we all understand the power it has and how hard it must be to drive...but the fact that he hasent even tryed, is why people complan.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE

You do have a very good point, but were just want to see times, why should anyone spend over 4000, and have no clue how fast, or what to exspect from an item...would you? We all know that Nigel might not be able to pull in the best run on his maxima, we all understand the power it has and how hard it must be to drive...but the fact that he hasent even tryed, is why people complan.

all of that was actually meant to defend those of you who want to see a 1/4 time from nigel.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:21 PM

all of that was actually meant to defend those of you who want to see a 1/4 time from nigel.
Sorry, thats the last time i skim threw long post, fast.

Thanks Newman