4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Friggin sweet muff--ler!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Friggin sweet muff--ler!!

Yo, kids!! I need help selecting a sweet money muffler for my 96 black gxe that is coming along like a platoon sargeant in his glory days of Vietnam. I love my ride, but she needs a bit or rumble growl purring that only a muffler can produce. I have a cash money home made intake that is sweeter than butter drippin off a hot bisquit. It already has the clearest and most open front end sound that is mechanically possible. All I need now is some rear end love to match. I don't want any crap resonation on the highway and of course, no Honda junk in the trunk. What do you trusted men recommend? I want a new look and a sweet sound. Deep and low.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:29 AM
I'll kill you. I mean it

Re: Friggin sweet muff--ler!!

Originally posted by JDFast
Yo, kids!! I need help selecting a sweet money muffler for my 96 black gxe that is coming along like a platoon sargeant in his glory days of Vietnam. I love my ride, but she needs a bit or rumble growl purring that only a muffler can produce. I have a cash money home made intake that is sweeter than butter drippin off a hot bisquit. It already has the clearest and most open front end sound that is mechanically possible. All I need now is some rear end love to match. I don't want any crap resonation on the highway and of course, no Honda junk in the trunk. What do you trusted men recommend? I want a new look and a sweet sound. Deep and low.
Posts: 6 (0.03 posts per day)[user's posting statistics] [search all posts by user]

You've been on here for how long

use search
Old 10-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Friggin sweet muff--ler!!

Originally posted by 1eyedcalibandit

Posts: 6 (0.03 posts per day)[user's posting statistics] [search all posts by user]

You've been on here for how long

use search
Old 10-18-2002, 12:08 PM
I'm so hood

Use that there search function. It's tha dope, sweet, money, crazy-silly-fresh, shizz-nittle-bam-snip-snap-sack way to find information.

hehe, I thought "money" was way out these days
Old 10-18-2002, 12:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Friggin sweet muff--ler!!

I would recommend an HKS exhaust. It drones just the littlest bit at 2-2.5 krpm, and has a very nice throaty sound. If you like it quiet at highway speeds, keep your stock b-pipe w/ resonator.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:19 PM

Re: Re: Friggin sweet muff--ler!!

Spend the money on something useful like a y-pipe Exhaust is just gonna make your car noisey and unless you've already replaced the entire exhaust system (y-pipe back), it's not really going to make a whole lot of difference performancewise.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Awesome, awesome. Thanks guys so far for your replies. I am simply looking for a nice look and a new nice noise that is low and growly. I don't care a ton about performance yet. Plus all that Y pipe bologna makes your car not pass emissions and inspection, doesn't it?
Old 10-18-2002, 01:03 PM

Re: Reply

Plus all that Y pipe bologna makes your car not pass emissions and inspection, doesn't it?
All you have to do is let the car run for 10 minutes before you go in for the check, so while your in the line keep the car running..
Old 10-18-2002, 02:16 PM

APEXi N1. nice tone at low RPMs and it screams on high
Old 10-18-2002, 02:26 PM
JsL

Definitely get a Ypipe before you get an exhaust. Go with budget for 158 shipped. The ypipe gives your car a little louder deep growl at idle and gives a nice boosted sound at WOT. It makes the sound comming from the exhaust 10x deeper. If you want an exhaust, you can give the BLITZ Realize TT a try. It's about 500 bucks shipped. I don't think anyone has that exhaust yet, but I think it looks cool and it should sound nice. It's claim to be quiet and not annoying.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:30 PM

Re: Reply

Awesome, awesome. Thanks guys so far for your replies. I am simply looking for a nice look and a new nice noise that is low and growly. I don't care a ton about performance yet. Plus all that Y pipe bologna makes your car not pass emissions and inspection, doesn't it?
So are you modding your car, or are you worried about emissions. If you want a nice exhaust, just search. But I'll help you out..Apexi WS is a good choice for a non-droning sound. If you want better performance you should be more concerned with the Y-pipe and the remaining cat back diameter. Your actual muffler isn't going to make that much of a difference.