4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My Maxima Wins in Gainesville

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 08:02 PM

My Maxima Wins in Gainesville

- Hey guys, my co-driver and I took first and second place in G-Prepared at a Martin Sports Car Club AutoX event in Gainesville, Florida today. Who says you can't race a grocery-getter?
Old 10-19-2002, 08:04 PM

Re: My Maxima Wins in Gainesville

Originally posted by SleeperSE
- Hey guys, my co-driver and I took first and second place in G-Prepared at a Martin Sports Car Club AutoX event in Gainesville, Florida today. Who says you can't race a grocery-getter?
i don't know much about any places in fla, but congrats. what did you go against?
Old 10-19-2002, 08:05 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: My Maxima Wins in Gainesville

Originally posted by SleeperSE
wow, congrats!

Old 10-19-2002, 08:15 PM

- Thanks guys. Today there was a VW Golf GTI, a V-6 Camaro, and a Subie, or something. Not incredibly stiff competition, but I still think its hilarious that they all got smoked by a Maxima!
- I am really loving my new suspension. The car is soooo much more competitive now.

- Two months ago, we got rained on during an event. I let my very gifted friend drive the car and he held fastest time of the day for the entire club until the rain dried up. The Corvette drivers were so ****ed that they couldn't beat a stock Maxima that they were about ready to protest us! It was absolutely hilarious.

- Anyhow, we have in-car video, but I don't know how to post it. I will try to figure out how and I'll leave another post if I get it working. Thanks again!
Old 10-19-2002, 09:03 PM

Good job =)

what part of FL do you live in , I go to gainsvill race way all the time ( im in jacksonville )

-ChRi§
Old 10-20-2002, 02:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

congrads!
Old 10-20-2002, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
Good job =)

what part of FL do you live in , I go to gainsvill race way all the time ( im in jacksonville )

-ChRi§
- I'm a Junior at FSU - so I live in Tallahassee. That was my second time at that track and I love it. I went to an SCCA Solo I Time Trials during one of the big import drag races... You could hear the Honda's and RX-7's winding into the teens on the drag strip from where we were. What a weekend.
- My friend wants me to go to the drag strip with him (he just got his hands on a Volvo 850 Turbo, added an ECU upgrade and an exhaust, and promptly went out to see how fast it was. So far he has beaten an Integra GS-R, some rice-rockets, and, most notably, a brand spankin' new Infiniti G35 sedan. The G35 does a 6.1 second 0-60, by the way. With the distance he beat it by, he imagines that he was running about a 5.8 second 0-60! I think that he'll have me beat unless someone donates a supercharger real quick!